• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Axis Magnus and Atlas

luckymurari

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm being offered Axis Atlas LtF . I already hold magnus Burgundy.

Is it worth taking?

If taken, will Atlas be preferred over magnus for any specific transactions? How does the ER transfer work ?

Why do you want atlas LTF? They give you points worth more than the fee and then renewal has equivalent points as well.
Given atlas is only good for people looking for airline and hotel miles, you should logically want these joining points right?
Can you explain this a bit more please? You don't get benefits if you get it as ltf?

sabya123

TF Buzz
Why do you want atlas LTF? They give you points worth more than the fee and then renewal has equivalent points as well.
Given atlas is only good for people looking for airline and hotel miles, you should logically want these joining points right?
There are very good reasons to consider Atlas as LTF, depending upon personal expense.
In my case, for example, I have no intention to get to gold or platinum status by spending >7.5l. Why? Because I have LTF DCB, which I use most of the time to buy gift cards at bigbasket, amazonpay to cover most of my daily spends, then domestic travel also from smartbuy. I plan to use Atlas mainly for general non-accelarated earning categories for 4 airmiles/100 (and sometimes international ticket, or payments at hotels directly, but these don'thappen often as I use points/miles for these). Since I will stay at silver, my renewal benefit with paid Atlas could be 2.5K miles which may not cover 5900 annual charge all the time, it will depend upon where you transfer these miles (Many times you will get around 1 rupee per airmile for economy category tickets*). So I got LTF Atlas along with LTF DCB which is a great combo (it was even better before DCB's devaluation in partner transfer). I also have MRCC which I love because I can get 1K MR point per month easily.

* To calculate value of airmile with my economy class travel, I generally look for revenue ticket price from skyscanner for any standard airline and then compare with miles required in Turkish/singapore airlines etc where I can transfer my atlas miles.

Last edited:

navam

TF Premier
There are very good reasons to consider Atlas as LTF, depending upon personal expense.
In my case, for example, I have no intention to get to gold or platinum status by spending >7.5l. Why? Because I have LTF DCB, which I use most of the time to buy gift cards at bigbasket, amazonpay to cover most of my daily spends, then domestic travel also from smartbuy. I plan to use Atlas mainly for general non-accelarated earning categories for 4 airmiles/100 (and sometimes international ticket, or payments at hotels directly, but these don'thappen often as I use points/miles for these). Since I will stay at silver, my renewal benefit with paid Atlas could be 2.5K miles which may not cover 5900 annual charge all the time, it will depend upon where you transfer these miles (Many times you will get around 1 rupee per airmile for economy category tickets*). So I got LTF Atlas along with LTF DCB which is a great combo (it was even better before DCB's devaluation in partner transfer). I also have MRCC which I love because I can get 1K MR point per month easily.

* To calculate value of airmile with my economy class travel, I generally look for revenue ticket price from skyscanner for any standard airline and then compare with miles required in Turkish/singapore airlines etc where I can transfer my atlas miles.
Hmm, it's understandable if you are doing 1 or less than 1 rs per mile conversions.
I believe there are some really good discussions here and other forums on how to get better value for mile, personally I don't redeem if the value is less than 1.4 per pt.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hmm, it's understandable if you are doing 1 or less than 1 rs per mile conversions.
I believe there are some really good discussions here and other forums on how to get better value for mile, personally I don't redeem if the value is less than 1.4 per pt.
1.4 per point will be possible only in case of business class redemptions or may be Accor. Am I right? If someone does not want business class then is 1.4 doable?

navam

TF Premier
1.4 per point will be possible only in case of business class redemptions or may be Accor. Am I right? If someone does not want business class then is 1.4 doable?
It's possible for economy class also, mehnat zyada karni padti hai. But ur right business class mein there is more value.
Accor mein toh 1.8 ish toh guaranteed hai hi.

sabya123

TF Buzz
I have been doing this for a few years, trust me, and this is based on my experience that mostly we get around 1 rupee per point or even less unless you are very adaptive to where and when you wanna go. Lets consider Turkish. With Turkish, best you can do 17k miles+tax for Greece and 19K miles + tax for other parts of Europe in economy. While for Greece you can get good value, But if you go to other parts of Europe, you will get close to 1 rupee per point (remember I am not comparing the turkish miles value w.r.t Turkish revenue ticket but cheapest among all standard airline revenue ticket on that day). There is a reason why TPG values Turkish miles as 1.3 cent per point, close to 1 rupee.

drsel

TF Legend
I have been doing this for a few years, trust me, and this is based on my experience that mostly we get around 1 rupee per point or even less unless you are very adaptive to where and when you wanna go. Lets consider Turkish. With Turkish, best you can do 17k miles+tax for Greece and 19K miles + tax for other parts of Europe in economy. While for Greece you can get good value, But if you go to other parts of Europe, you will get close to 1 rupee per point (remember I am not comparing the turkish miles value w.r.t Turkish revenue ticket but cheapest among all standard airline revenue ticket on that day). There is a reason why TPG values Turkish miles as 1.3 cent per point, close to 1 rupee.
So which is the best airline partner to transfer edge points or miles?
United airlines
Singapore Airlines
Turkish airlines

sabya123

TF Buzz
United airlines
Singapore Airlines
Turkish airlines
United for flights to/fro US, Turkish for Europe and Turkey particularly in Economy, and Aeroplan is also fantastic if you want to travel on Business class in selected routes.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
United airlines
Singapore Airlines
Turkish airlines
I got good redemption values on Singapore Airlines. You will have to either look for saver seats or during monthly spontaneous escapes offer. Singapore airlines is best for travel in Asia, to Australia and Newleand.

But I have seen decent offers for Europe using Air India flights booked via Singapore airlines.

navam

TF Premier
It's complicated to book good deals dada, I've been booking reward flights and rooms for the last 12 years now and obviously things change with time but you can get good value you just have to work harder for it, I used to have subscription to seats.aero it helped reduce work ( but sometimes it had old data and you wasted time filtering lol)

Anyway, i concede it's perfectly fine to want atlas ltf in the scenario in which you just want it for the 4% generic return (assuming 1rs per airmiles) and your expenditures are going to be low. :)

Btw Singapore airline has been good redemption for our trip to Singapore and Thailand last year. (Around 1.43)

Last edited:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
It's complicated to book good deals dada, I've been booking reward flights and rooms for the last 12 years now and obviously things change with time but you can get good value you just have to work harder for it, I used to have subscription to seats.aero it helped reduce work ( but sometimes it had old data and you wasted time filtering lol)

Anyway, i concede it's perfectly fine to want atlas ltf in the scenario in which you just want it for the 4% generic return (assuming 1rs per airmiles) and your expenditures are going to be low. :)

Btw Singapore airline has been good redemption for our trip to Singapore and Thailand last year. (Around 1.43)
Lol I spent 34000 miles (would have been 40K normally, but I waited till last minute and got lucky to have spontaneous escape offer on one side) plus 7K taxes round trip for flight which I could have got in 25K cash. So value of 0.53 per miles.

I still have 20K miles lying in krisflyer, but not getting any good enough deal since almost a year.

P.S. I won't be willing to spend even 1.5x of economy fare on business class. For me, it's just a rental sofa for 4 hours and not worth at all. So, if u r comparing 43K miles business class ticket with a overpriced 80K cash booking, then I am out😂.