• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Low credit limit in Amex Platinum Travel

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Lately, I got Amex Platinum Travel and the limit given is 75K. I feel that 75K is not the limit to reap the full benefits of Platinum Travel considering its high annual fees. A premium card should not have such limit. What should I do to increase the limit?

zaid_2913

TF Premier
Lately, I got Amex Platinum Travel and the limit given is 75K. I feel that 75K is not the limit to reap the full benefits of Platinum Travel considering its high annual fees. A premium card should not have such limit. What should I do to increase the limit?
Maybe they've changed their policies recently. They used to give cards with high limits to a lot of people, but now it seems like they're taking a different approach, possibly influenced by other banks or RBI.

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No idea about SECC. And there is no point taking that card. Just a waste of time and energy
Had one in the family with 2L. After getting Plat Travel we requested for SE closure with limit transfer to Plat Travel. They transferred 1.75L and closed SE with 25k as it's floor limit.

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
BTW, Amex UK has started revamping their card designs. Here are some of the new ones.

1000001499.png
Amex Rewards with Translucent design. Design is similar to SmartEarn but the card is equivalent to MRCC. No milestone benefits though. Simple LTF card.

1000001497.png
Platinum Cashback. Previous design identical to Indian Platinum Travel card.

1000001498.png
Amex Gold. Now design is identical to Amex Gold US variant except it's plastic.
P.S. I have 2nd and 3rd. Card details on the back except for the 4 digit security code (CVV).

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
BTW, Amex UK has started revamping their card designs. Here are some of the new ones.

1000001499.png
Amex Rewards with Translucent design. Design is similar to SmartEarn but the card is equivalent to MRCC. No milestone benefits though. Simple LTF card.

1000001497.png

1000001498.png
P.S. I have 2nd and 3rd. Card details on the back except for the 4 digit security code (CVV).
I'm in awe of the aesthetic design of Gold Card.

gg123

TF Premier

1000001499.png

1000001497.png

1000001498.png
Amex gold is also coming with this same design India. from the last couple of months.
And I recently got approved for amex plat travel. this is the highest limit card I hold now. but boy this card design is old