Low credit limit in Amex Platinum Travel

minhazuddin

Lately, I got Amex Platinum Travel and the limit given is 75K. I feel that 75K is not the limit to reap the full benefits of Platinum Travel considering its high annual fees. A premium card should not have such limit. What should I do to increase the limit?

wait 6 months.. use it well.. call customer service.. they will increase on the phone

ALOAK

I think 75K is their lowest limit.
My first amex card limit was 25k and I moved to 40k in next 5months and after a year I moved upto 1.30lakhs on smart earn which I closed and my travel plat came with limit 1.50lkhs and moved to 1.80lkhs in next six months now it is 432000. If they see you using judiciously and pay in full they will start increasing it or you can call them and ask limit as they review the cards every six months.

ALOAK

I think 75K is their lowest limit.
My first amex card limit was 25k and I moved to 40k in next 5months and after a year I moved upto 1.30lakhs on smart earn which I closed and my travel plat came with limit 1.50lkhs and moved to 1.80lkhs in next six months now it is 432000. If they see you using judiciously and pay in full they will start increasing it or you can call them and ask limit as they review the cards every six months

minhazuddin

My first amex card limit was 25k and I moved to 40k in next 5months and after a year I moved upto 1.30lakhs on smart earn which I closed and my travel plat came with limit 1.50lkhs and moved to 1.80lkhs in next six months now it is 432000. If they see you using judiciously and pay in full they will start increasing it or you can call them and ask limit as they review the cards every six months
In your case, did you request them to evaluate your limit or they sent you LE themself.

minhazuddin

They provided me with 1L limit on Plat Travel even when I am holding MRCC with 2.3L.
Amex is hard to understand. I'm holding 3 Amex and the experience for all three cards were totally different. First application was stuck for 2-3 months, 2nd application was approved in a week, and 3rd application was approved in 2 days. My 2nd and 3rd card application was applied within 10 days but still Amex required me to send income documents (even though it was provisionally approved without income verification documents). My limit on MRCC is 50K where as Platinum Travel is 75K when all my other bank cards have limit in lacs.

emadiqbalali

Amex is hard to understand. I'm holding 3 Amex and the experience for all three cards were totally different. First application was stuck for 2-3 months, 2nd application was approved in a week, and 3rd application was approved in 2 days. My 2nd and 3rd card application was applied within 10 days but still Amex required me to send income documents (even though it was provisionally approved without income verification documents). My limit on MRCC is 50K where as Platinum Travel is 75K when all my other bank cards have limit in lacs.
At this point, it's safe to say that they are following the footprints of HDFC. xD