• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Low credit limit in Amex Platinum Travel

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Lately, I got Amex Platinum Travel and the limit given is 75K. I feel that 75K is not the limit to reap the full benefits of Platinum Travel considering its high annual fees. A premium card should not have such limit. What should I do to increase the limit?

gg123

TF Premier
Does any one know how the "check your spending" works?
Last night I got disapproved for 5L. But when I checked a couple of minutes ago now I am approved for 9.5L

ALOAK

TF Ace
Lately, I got Amex Platinum Travel and the limit given is 75K. I feel that 75K is not the limit to reap the full benefits of Platinum Travel considering its high annual fees. A premium card should not have such limit. What should I do to increase the limit?
U r lucky u got 75k most of us started from 25k i for specially 25k from smart earn to plat travel 4.32k the more you spend they will review it every six months you may get offer to increase le plus u r repayment pattern.

sudhanshu22

TF Buzz
Guys, talked to american express customer care. They told that if you want spend based fee waiver on new amex platinum travel card, then the person who refers you, should have that card with similar benefits. Basically, if he has PT card with spend based fee waiver and refers you, you also get the same.

gg123

TF Premier
Guys, talked to american express customer care. They told that if you want spend based fee waiver on new amex platinum travel card, then the person who refers you, should have that card with similar benefits. Basically, if he has PT card with spend based fee waiver and refers you, you also get the same.
Dude, April 1st is Yesterday

vip3rc5

TF Premier
Strange My SmartEarn was Approved with 2.7 Lakh Limit. And When I upgraded it to MRCC they further increased it to 5.1 Lakh
I have Pre Approved Travel Plat Offer But I'm not sure if I should upgrade or not. My Amex MRCC is through referral so Fees is just 1500 + GST

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Strange My SmartEarn was Approved with 2.7 Lakh Limit. And When I upgraded it to MRCC they further increased it to 5.1 Lakh
I have Pre Approved Travel Plat Offer But I'm not sure if I should upgrade or not. My Amex MRCC is through referral so Fees is just 1500 + GST
You can always apply for Plat Travel as a new card, see how your spends evolve and the reward points you're earning on the new card.

The first year will be free, you will get an Explorers limited edition kit and get a chance to earn more rewards for free!
If you don't like it, continue with the MRCC for the next year and stop the Plat Travel card. :)

manish.rdy

TF Buzz
Sometimes I feel amex is the best in market.

I started with 70k limit of SE, after 6 months it increased to 240k. Applied for MRCC and moved 75% of SE limit to MRCC and closed SE card.

Then moved to US in the month of August 2023, applied for Blue Cash Preferred without ssn or proper income proof. Just based on Indian amex account history, not even credit history transfer using Nova they approved card with 10k usd and later in a month increased to 30k usd. On using same for 8 months, applied for green card with same India account history and got it approved.