• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Late Payment Reported

Hello,

My mother has an old SBI Elite lying around in which the annual membership fee and some other charges were deducted and weren't checked since the account was with an old ID. While we did make the payment when we discovered this the lower payments have pulled her score down to 700 ish. Is there a way to get the bureau report fixed?

prc1990

TF Ace
Hello,

My mother has an old SBI Elite lying around in which the annual membership fee and some other charges were deducted and weren't checked since the account was with an old ID. While we did make the payment when we discovered this the lower payments have pulled her score down to 700 ish. Is there a way to get the bureau report fixed?
Was the payment done on or before due date and still you see it reported as delayed or was it actually paid post due date?

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,

Yes mail bank that u did not see those charges and it was old cc and not used. Give some genuine reasons and go to higher levels. They will correct. Since its sbi they might take some time

prc1990

TF Ace
No it was actually delayed, but the reported late payment is like 60 bucks on a 2l limit card
Ok since the delay was geniune, you can convince and request the bank to reverse it as it happened for the very first time and you can assure them this won't get repeated. Bank may honour your request based on your payment history and relationship.

Today i got a mail statin that there has been a change in my cibil
So i checked on the yes bank free cibil score website and quadfin ( slice card )has shown june payment late by 26 days which is false claim none of my payments are late
What should i do ?
My cibil has dropped :(

Attachments

• 7560EC3A-25B0-4082-9865-DC7DEA3413A9.jpeg
    7560EC3A-25B0-4082-9865-DC7DEA3413A9.jpeg
    307.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 1CBE4490-56ED-4EA2-AE04-EC4F7A1AA0DE.jpeg
    1CBE4490-56ED-4EA2-AE04-EC4F7A1AA0DE.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 33

prc1990

TF Ace
Good that you raised a dispute. But I would suggest to reach out to the lenders directly as CIBIL would ultimately redirect you to the respective banks/FI as they are not authorised to make any changes from their end.

My ICICI Credit card due date is today and I have paid my bill via HDFC DC Bill pay on 6th March. It is yet to credited to my icici cc account. They mentioned today is a non-banking day so it will be credited to my cc on 11th March and there won’t be any late payment charges/penalty. Is that true? Any other suggestions to save my cibil from late payment entry?

_na_cheese

TF Premier
My ICICI Credit card due date is today and I have paid my bill via HDFC DC Bill pay on 6th March. It is yet to credited to my icici cc account. They mentioned today is a non-banking day so it will be credited to my cc on 11th March and there won’t be any late payment charges/penalty. Is that true? Any other suggestions to save my cibil from late payment entry?
That's riskyyyyyyyy.

Even if the Payment date is marked as 6th and the payment will credit on 11th.

There are three days of grace. So 11th is fine.

but if it doesnt get credited by 11th.
ICICI can mark it as delayed or partial payment and you'll have to do a few rounds of talk with customer care and request them to not show it as such with credit beauros.

This Has happened with me.

ICICI was kind to me.

Lesson learned. Weekends and Holidays can mess things up.
Now I always pay Bills On the last Monday before due date.

If the bill isn't too big or money isn't a problem.

Just Pay it with Cred or Paytm.

It'll settle instantly.

Last edited:
That's riskyyyyyyyy.

Even if the Payment date is marked as 6th and the payment will credit on 11th.

There are three days of grace. So 11th is fine.

but if it doesnt get credited by 11th.
ICICI can mark it as delayed or partial payment and you'll have to do a few rounds of talk with customer care and request them to not show it as such with credit beauros.

This Has happened with me.

ICICI was kind to me.

Lesson learned. Weekends and Holidays can mess things up.
Now I always pay Bills On the last Monday before due date.

If the bill isn't too big or money isn't a problem.

Just Pay it with Cred or Paytm.

It'll settle instantly.
So making minimum due payment via cred to be on safer side helps?