• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Late payment marked in Cibil for 30 paisa difference!! 🤦

kunal89

TF Premier
When I was comparing my scores and reports of several bureaus, I saw one late payment marked in my cibil score, but no late payments in other bureaus.
Today I dig into it and found one late payment was marked in icici apay card in April 2020. Then I downloaded statements of 3 months to compare and found that there was a payment of 2490/- where the actual bill was 2490.30/-
Late payment was marked because of 30p remaining. This is my only late payment out of 155. Experian, Equifax didn't mark it as late though.
Just wanted to share this for the interest of group.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
When I was comparing my scores and reports of several bureaus, I saw one late payment marked in my cibil score, but no late payments in other bureaus.
Today I dig into it and found one late payment was marked in icici apay card in April 2020. Then I downloaded statements of 3 months to compare and found that there was a payment of 2490/- where the actual bill was 2490.30/-
Late payment was marked because of 30p remaining. This is my only late payment out of 155. Experian, Equifax didn't mark it as late though.
Where it was marked as Late Payment??
Was it Cibil or Highmark?

akshayhs

TF Ace
Can you not dispute it and tell them it's just a 30 paisa difference? I am honestly asking as I have no knowledge due to my novice experience with credit cards.

Bob78900

TF Premier
Weird. Few days ago I paid my HDFC CC bill for first time via Paytm and not auto debit. I checked almost 10 times. I guess most banks including HDFC round it off (not sure).

Also this might be reason many people pay 50 Rs. or something extra (seen some here with negative 50 balance).

Also strange that only Cibil reported as late but not others 🙂
I always pay 5-10 rs extra just for the safety 😂

prc1990

TF Ace
My experience and sense says, CRIF/EXPERIAN/EQUIFAX takes lot of time to reflect the most recent details, scores and all.

rooneyforggmu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I mean, technically sounds correct.
Unless he missed those few paise from the minimum amount due. Because I clearly remember Tejas telling this on one twitter space, that what these guys follow is that they clear the minimum amount due within 2-3 days of statement generation and then the remaining amount in the next couple of days. this ways even a late payment due to any cause will only attract interest but CIBIL will be safe

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
But tell me one thing, if minimum amount due is paid, I thought late payment is not reported. So if 40paise were remaining, then it means that minimum due would definitely have been cleared. Then reporting late payment doesn't make sense. Am I missing something here @TechnoFino @bhavyegoel @Subhankar001
If you pay min amount due within due date -

Making the Minimum Amount Due Payment will ensure that you will have to pay only the interest when required. There will be no penalty or late payment charges.

Your Credit Card Company or credit card issuing bank will not report you as irregular to credit bureau if you make Minimum Amount Due Payments on time.

Escalate your situation with bank's grivance redressal department