• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak platinum league pre approved offer help

kk_18

TF Buzz
Screenshot_20230721_151854_Gmail.jpg Hello!
I received this mail today regarding platinum league card. Is this a genuine pre approved offer because it's not showing in my kotak app or WhatsApp banking.
It has been almost a week since I opened my account. Today I was getting calls from kotak bank but wasn't able to pickup so I thought better to ask someone before proceeding with this.
I don't any unnecessary enquiries already have more than 10 in this year till now
Thank you!

Ananthu113

TF Buzz
Glad you did not. 20K limit is almost a Insult, I understand few might say here that you're just starting off & are new to credit but still wait ... Kotak will offer a higher limit & a better card. Just try shift all your transactions to Kotak for a while at least (In case you do not want to take the offline C2C route).

NO. At this stage they would NOT have even done the hard enquiry, however you might start getting "the" sales calls, just do not give in to the temptation. Kotak offers good limits, just wait a bit bro ... Don't take 20K ... I started off my Kotak CC journey with 1.37L in 2014 with hardly any relationship with them till then.

When you do get the limit enhancement with HDFC, visit your Kotak home branch & try offline C2C, in all likelihood they will match your existing limit .. Since you are pre approved, Kotak will issue you a card regardless the route you apply. Also, try negotiating for a better card, league platinum is a dead card.
i will be only taking the ltf card from kotak because my core card will be hdfc and i want kotak only for its offers in amazon or in other platforms. and also to maintain my utilization ratio.
btw the kotak preapproved card in app is showing its expiry is on 20th january so whether it means that they will be refreshing this offer after 20th jan or will i lose it? and whether my limit will be revised after? any idea?

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
btw the kotak preapproved card in app is showing its expiry is on 20th january so whether it means that they will be refreshing this offer after 20th jan or will i lose it? and whether my limit will be revised after? any idea?
Expiry means till 20th same offer will stay, post which you may or may not get a new offer or a better offer.

I would say take the gamble and wait, normally Kotak gives better offer if you don't take the existing one. Transact more with the account and you will likely receive a better offer.

Ananthu113

TF Buzz
Expiry means till 20th same offer will stay, post which you may or may not get a new offer or a better offer.

I would say take the gamble and wait, normally Kotak gives better offer if you don't take the existing one. Transact more with the account and you will likely receive a better offer.
imagine if the preapproved credit card offer didnt appear again............ i have heard that some people even with 2 years of relationship is not getting any offers and also i have seen somewhere that kotak gives generous amount of limit enhacement every 6 months so is it safe to apply now and wait for limit enhancement offer? because i dont have time next year at the end i will be going abroad so my transaction in my account will be 0.

Last edited:

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
imagine if the preapproved credit card offer didnt appear again............ i have heard that some people even with 2 years of relationship is not getting any offers and also i have seen somewhere that kotak gives generous amount of limit enhacement every 6 months so is it safe to apply now and wait for limit enhancement offer? because i dont have time next year at the end i will be going abroad so my transaction in my account will be 0.
Your call bro. Take it then. Good luck 🙂

Ananthu113

TF Buzz
guys i have applied for the kotak credit card yesterday and got it approved today it was pretty fast im just flabbergasted!!
*edit=>[ i'm having 1 year cibil membership and i havent seen any hard inquiry from kotak so that was just soft check from their side :) ]

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-02 at 1.04.50 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-02 at 1.04.50 PM.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
bruh i also got approved for amex credit card 😶
Congratulations bro 🎊 .. Welcome to the mysterious world of amex 💳 .. I can well imagine that feeling when you got the approval message.. I too couldn't belive my eyes when amex had approved me, it has been 7 years since 🙂

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i applied for the basic one ie smart earn credit card because im a student and i dont have any income proof so i just gone for their basic one. I think the card got approved based on my credit history
You are correct bro, amex has only recently started issuing cards without income proof. Back in the day it was impossible to get an amex without Income docs...

Ananthu113

TF Buzz
Explain your credit profile?
Im having 2 yr credit history
I opened my amazon pay later when i was 19 yrs old (but now they changed to 21yrs) and after using it for one year i applied for hdfc pre-approved credit card which got approved on jan 2023 so i closed amazon pay later
And i used my hdfc CC for like one year ie from jan 2023- jan 2024 which improved my credit score
So in this thread u may see my message that i applied for kotak card on jan 1st which got approved on jan 2nd so i dared myself and applied for amex card which again got approved. I dont know whether its the sales season for them.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I opened my amazon pay later when i was 18 yrs old (but now they changed to 21yrs) and after using it for one year i applied for hdfc pre-approved credit card which got approved on jan 2023 so i closed amazon pay later
And i used my hdfc CC for like one year ie from jan 2023- jan 2024 which improved my credit score
So in this thread u may see my message that i applied for kotak card on jan 1st which got approved on jan 2nd so i dared myself and applied for amex card which again got approved. I dont know whether its the sales season for them.
G o o d .
Whats the limit across cards

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I opened my amazon pay later when i was 18 yrs old (but now they changed to 21yrs) and after using it for one year i applied for hdfc pre-approved credit card which got approved on jan 2023 so i closed amazon pay later
You are under 21 rn?