• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak platinum league pre approved offer help

kk_18

TF Buzz
Screenshot_20230721_151854_Gmail.jpg Hello!
I received this mail today regarding platinum league card. Is this a genuine pre approved offer because it's not showing in my kotak app or WhatsApp banking.
It has been almost a week since I opened my account. Today I was getting calls from kotak bank but wasn't able to pickup so I thought better to ask someone before proceeding with this.
I don't any unnecessary enquiries already have more than 10 in this year till now
Thank you!

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
btw i'm 20yo (should i wait for 21, i will be 21 after 15 days) and i'm having a credit history of 1y11m and my current cibil score is 767 and i'm also holding an hdfc credit card.
IMO don't take the offer. They are offering a very low limit. Wait for a few more months & do as transactions as possible, Kotak normally refreshes these offers every 2-3 months & they may very well offer you a higher limit if you wait.

Alternatively, if you have a card with a higher limit, take the card & wait 6 months & ask Kotak to match limit basis other card statements. Confirm once though as I'm not sure if they still do that.

Ananthu113

TF Buzz
IMO don't take the offer. They are offering a very low limit. Wait for a few more months & do as transactions as possible, Kotak normally refreshes these offers every 2-3 months & they may very well offer you a higher limit if you wait.

Alternatively, if you have a card with a higher limit, take the card & wait 6 months & ask Kotak to match limit basis other card statements. Confirm once though as I'm not sure if they still do that.

ray8285 actually i started the procedure for applying the card then i saw your message and stopped applying in the middle of filling the forms (i have reached till the occupation form which was the final step thank god i stopped here) . whether it will make any problem ? i'm planning to wait for 3+ months.. btw im having hdfc credit card with 54000 limit and my RM told me i will be getting limit enhancement next month if not she told me to call her.​

Last edited:

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

ray8285 actually i started the procedure for applying the card then i saw your message and stopped applying in the middle of filling the forms​

Glad you did not. 20K limit is almost a Insult, I understand few might say here that you're just starting off & are new to credit but still wait ... Kotak will offer a higher limit & a better card. Just try shift all your transactions to Kotak for a while at least (In case you do not want to take the offline C2C route).

whether it will make any problem ? i'm planning to wait for 3+ months..​

NO. At this stage they would NOT have even done the hard enquiry, however you might start getting "the" sales calls, just do not give in to the temptation. Kotak offers good limits, just wait a bit bro ... Don't take 20K ... I started off my Kotak CC journey with 1.37L in 2014 with hardly any relationship with them till then.

btw im having hdfc credit card with 54000 limit and my RM told me i will be getting limit enhancement next month if not she told me to call her.​

When you do get the limit enhancement with HDFC, visit your Kotak home branch & try offline C2C, in all likelihood they will match your existing limit .. Since you are pre approved, Kotak will issue you a card regardless the route you apply. Also, try negotiating for a better card, league platinum is a dead card.

Ananthu113

TF Buzz
Glad you did not. 20K limit is almost a Insult, I understand few might say here that you're just starting off & are new to credit but still wait ... Kotak will offer a higher limit & a better card. Just try shift all your transactions to Kotak for a while at least (In case you do not want to take the offline C2C route).

NO. At this stage they would NOT have even done the hard enquiry, however you might start getting "the" sales calls, just do not give in to the temptation. Kotak offers good limits, just wait a bit bro ... Don't take 20K ... I started off my Kotak CC journey with 1.37L in 2014 with hardly any relationship with them till then.

When you do get the limit enhancement with HDFC, visit your Kotak home branch & try offline C2C, in all likelihood they will match your existing limit .. Since you are pre approved, Kotak will issue you a card regardless the route you apply. Also, try negotiating for a better card, league platinum is a dead card.
what about indian oil ? and is it possible to get indian oil LTF? and the preapproved credit card started to show in my netbanking and app. btw thanks for the detailed reply bro ....

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
same situation but still my application was rejected on this reason
Bro, most of the time the reason given for rejection is not the actual reason but just BS ! Trust me, No one but but their credit mangers / underwriting only knows the actual reason. When they had declined my White Reserve application, the same application opened & closed at least 15 times giving 5-6 diff reasons for rejection !