• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IRCTC Traveler's Executive Lounge New Delhi Review

I recently visited the IRCTC Traveler's Executive Lounge located on the concourse level near platform 16 of New Delhi Railway Station. The experience this time was beyond expectations as I happen to visit this time during dinner hours, unlike last time when I had an early morning train.

Experience​

Check-in​

IMG_20220418_182352-768x1024.jpg

Reception counter for Check-In.
There are two lounges in the New Delhi Railway Station and I accessed the one at Platform No 16 (Ajmeri Gate side) with my family as the lounge accepts all the major credit cards for complimentary access. Another lounge is located on the first floor near Platform No. 1 i.e. the Paharganj side which is newly constructed and has a tie-up with only ICICI Bank for now. A simple authentication of ₹2 on my card was done as validation charges which are non-refundable same as in Airport lounges. My train tickets were not checked and check-in was simply seamless.

Food​

IMG_20220418_183757-768x1024.jpg

The buffet section is inside the dining area in the lounge.
I visited during dinner hours and the menu was quite elaborate. Food quality and taste were also beyond expectations. Their serving temperatures were also up to the mark.

IMG_20220418_182504-768x1024.jpg

Dinner Menu
Though mentioned on the menu the Chicken Curry was not served in the buffet section. Being a vegetarian I didn't enquire about it too.

Ambience​

IMG_20220418_183803-1-768x1024.jpg

The dining area with comfortable chairs and tables.
The lounge has separate dining and resting spaces. Though I wasn't expecting much as most of the lounges have been tendered to private players but it was clean beyond expectations. Amenities included charging sockets, air conditioning, clean washrooms access, and T.V.

IMG_20220418_185224-2-768x1024.jpg

Resting area with comfortable sofas, charging sockets, and Tower Airconditioners.

Facilities​

With complimentary access to the lounge, you are entitled to two hours of lounge stay in the normal seating area. Meals are served as per the time of the visit.

Further, you are also entitled to free wi-fi and newspapers/magazines. Wi-fi was working here and network speed was quite good.

Screenshot_20220423-220946__01-1-766x1024.jpg

Apart from complimentary facilities, you can also access paid facilities which include a shower, changing rooms, and resting lounges.

Bottomline​

All in all, it was a good experience with a decent variety of food spread, sparkingly clean interiors, and a comfortably peaceful seating area, Indian Railways is working honestly in changing the way you travel.

As travel is opening up back to pre-pandemic levels I think many of the readers will be looking forward to travelling on Indian Railways and accessing the railway lounges. So for them, I am again sharing one of our most popular articles on the same which would give them all the information about all the Credit Cards in India for Railway Lounge Access.

IMG_20220418_184518-768x1024.jpg

Credit Cards which I used to access the lounge.

Have you been to this lounge or, maybe any other IRCTC Executive Railway lounge? Do share your experiences in the comments bel

Tarun239

TF Premier
Can one use idfc select mastercard variant as well at platform 16 ndls or is this benefit limited to idfc visa variant only?