• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IRCTC Executive Lounge New Delhi Platform 1 Review

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
I recently visited the IRCTC Executive Lounge at New Delhi railway station located on the first floor of the station on Platform no 1(Paharganj) side. I had earlier reviewed the other IRCTC Traveler's Executive Lounge. So let me quickly make you virtually visit it and also update you on the limited list of cards which work here!

Experience​

Check-in​

This lounge is accessible from the Paharganj side of the New Delhi Railway Station before the security check and a lift is also present to access this. The check-in process here was surprisingly stringent since I was asked for my PNR and an identity card for the first time at a railway lounge. For complimentary access, they are accepting only select ICICI credit cards, AU Bank Credit Cards, HDFC Credit Cards and IDFC Credit cards as well. I have compiled a list of Complimentary Cards for Railway Lounge Access In India from where you can get to know about the eligible ICICI cards. Except SBI cards they are accepting all the cards.

I used my ICICI MakeMyTrip Signature Credit Card for complimentary access and it was gladly accepted. A simple authentication of ₹2 on my card was done as validation charges which are non-refundable same as in Airport lounges.

IRCTC EXECUTIVE LOUNGE

Food​

The food menu variety was sufficiently good for a railway lounge with both veg and non-veg options.

IMG_0159-768x1024.jpg

But what surprised me the most was that all the serving utensils were made in cast iron and even the cutlery and plates provided were spotless, unlike the ones which I have generally encountered in other railway lounges.

IMG_0162-1024x768.jpg

They were serving an excellent three-course meal from soup to dessert. They also have a separate paid section from where you can get other snacks and beverages which are not included in the buffet.

IMG_0164-1024x768.jpg

Ambience​

IMG_0161-1024x768.jpg

The lounge has separate dining and resting spaces and I must say that it has a huge seating capacity. The washroom was also very clean and they were also providing complimentary magazines and newspapers. So this lounge ticks all the checkboxes when it comes to service.

There is also a message chair facility available on a paid basis.

IMG_0160-768x1024.jpg

Facilities​

With complimentary access to the lounge, you are entitled to two hours of lounge stay in the normal seating area. Meals are served as per the time of the visit. Other facilities include air-conditioning and charging sockets.

IMG_0165-1024x768.jpg

Further, you are also entitled to free wi-fi and newspapers/magazines.

Apart from complimentary facilities, you can also access paid facilities which include a shower, changing rooms, and massage chairs.

Bottomline​

This lounge really enhanced my rail travel experience to such a good level that I will not opt for food on the train next time and save myself some bucks and also avoid the average quality food served on the trains.

Have you been to this lounge or, maybe any other IRCTC Executive Railway lounge? Do share your experiences in the comments below.

Last edited:

G M

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I recently visited the IRCTC Executive Lounge at New Delhi railway station located on the first floor of the station on Platform no 1(Paharganj) side. I had earlier reviewed the other IRCTC Traveler's Executive Lounge. So let me quickly make you virtually visit it and also update you on the limited list of cards which work here!

Experience​

Check-in​

This lounge is accessible from the Paharganj side of the New Delhi Railway Station before the security check and a lift is also present to access this. The check-in process here was surprisingly stringent since I was asked for my PNR and an identity card for the first time at a railway lounge. For complimentary access, they are accepting only select ICICI credit cards, AU Bank Credit Cards and surprisingly a Kotak Debit card variant of which I also don't have any clue. I have compiled a list of Complimentary Cards for Railway Lounge Access In India from where you can get to know about the eligible ICICI cards.

I used my ICICI MakeMyTrip Signature Credit Card for complimentary access and it was gladly accepted. A simple authentication of ₹2 on my card was done as validation charges which are non-refundable same as in Airport lounges.

IRCTC EXECUTIVE LOUNGE

Food​

The food menu variety was sufficiently good for a railway lounge with both veg and non-veg options.

IMG_0159-768x1024.jpg

But what surprised me the most was that all the serving utensils were made in cast iron and even the cutlery and plates provided were spotless, unlike the ones which I have generally encountered in other railway lounges.

IMG_0162-1024x768.jpg

They were serving an excellent three-course meal from soup to dessert. They also have a separate paid section from where you can get other snacks and beverages which are not included in the buffet.

IMG_0164-1024x768.jpg

Ambience​

IMG_0161-1024x768.jpg

The lounge has separate dining and resting spaces and I must say that it has a huge seating capacity. The washroom was also very clean and they were also providing complimentary magazines and newspapers. So this lounge ticks all the checkboxes when it comes to service.

IMG_0160-768x1024.jpg

Facilities​

With complimentary access to the lounge, you are entitled to two hours of lounge stay in the normal seating area. Meals are served as per the time of the visit. Other facilities include air-conditioning and charging sockets.

IMG_0165-1024x768.jpg

Apart from complimentary facilities, you can also access paid facilities which include a shower, changing rooms, and massage chairs.

Bottomline​

This lounge really enhanced my rail travel experience to such a good level that I will not opt for food on the train next time and save myself some bucks and also avoid the average quality food served on the trains.

Have you been to this lounge or, maybe any other IRCTC Executive Railway lounge? Do share your experiences in the comments below.
have visited Agra railway lounge using ICICI rubyx. decent enough. no complaints.

humptydumpty

TF Select
I got rubyx card do we have to use the card for transactions to avail these benefits ? Also what hdfc cards have railway lounge ?

John Wick

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Experience​

Check-in​

This lounge is accessible from the Paharganj side of the New Delhi Railway Station before the security check and a lift is also present to access this. The check-in process here was surprisingly stringent since I was asked for my PNR and an identity card for the first time at a railway lounge. For complimentary access, they are accepting only select ICICI credit cards, AU Bank Credit Cards, HDFC Credit Cards and IDFC Credit cards as well. I have compiled a list of Complimentary Cards for Railway Lounge Access In India from where you can get to know about the eligible ICICI cards. Except SBI cards they are accepting all the cards.

IRCTC EXECUTIVE LOUNGE

Food​

IMG_0159-768x1024.jpg

IMG_0162-1024x768.jpg

IMG_0164-1024x768.jpg

Ambience​

IMG_0161-1024x768.jpg

IMG_0160-768x1024.jpg

Facilities​

IMG_0165-1024x768.jpg

Bottomline​

Great share. What are the timings of lounge and how much hours before train arrival can we access it? Like for airports we can enter only before 3,4 hrs

Experience​

Check-in​

IRCTC EXECUTIVE LOUNGE

Food​

IMG_0159-768x1024.jpg

IMG_0162-1024x768.jpg

IMG_0164-1024x768.jpg

Ambience​

IMG_0161-1024x768.jpg

IMG_0160-768x1024.jpg

Facilities​

IMG_0165-1024x768.jpg

Bottomline​

It was smooth experience for me. Additionally there is provision of beds with nominal fee for fixed duration.

mr_vasanth

TF Premier

Experience​

Check-in​

IRCTC EXECUTIVE LOUNGE

Food​

IMG_0159-768x1024.jpg

IMG_0162-1024x768.jpg

IMG_0164-1024x768.jpg

Ambience​

IMG_0161-1024x768.jpg

IMG_0160-768x1024.jpg

Facilities​

IMG_0165-1024x768.jpg

Bottomline​

Can we take guests (family members travelling with us) to railway lounges ?