• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IRCTC Executive Lounge Ahmedabad Review

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
I recently visited the IRCTC Executive Lounge in Ahmedabad located on the ground floor of the station on Platform no 1 side. Here's a quick review from my recent visit about the same.

Experience​

Check-in​

This lounge is accessible from both Platform 1 and outside the station and since I reached early to pick someone up and was not travelling I preferred to enter from outside. The check-in was simply seamless and I used my ICICI MakeMyTrip Signature Credit Card for complimentary access and it was gladly accepted. A simple authentication of ₹2 on my card was done as validation charges which are non-refundable same as in Airport lounges.

IMG_20220728_193018-768x1024.jpg

Cards for complimentary lounge access and an a la carte menu.​

Here's a list of all the cards with complimentary Railway Lounge Access In India. Currently, they are accepting SBI, ICICI, and IDFC Credit Cards out of the following.

Food​

This lounge serves just what is a typical Gujarati thing which is Thali. So I was asked to grab a dining chair and was served a thali and I must say the food was surprisingly delicious. Earlier to my information they were serving a one-time thali meal but now there is no restriction on multiple servings which is exactly as per the IRCTC rulebook for Executive Lounges.

IMG_20220728_193712-1-1-Copy-1024x768.jpg

Vegetarian Thali​

Since this all-vegetarian lounge also serves as a restaurant you can order a-la-carte as well which is of course chargeable.

Ambience​

Executive Lounge Ahmedabad

Buffet section near the Dining Area.

The lounge has separate dining and resting spaces. There is a Relaxing Zone with recliners available for a cost of ₹120 per hour. Though the lounge was clean, the washrooms were not hygienic at all.

IMG_20220728_194757-768x1024.jpg

Seating Area.

There is a Relaxing Zone inside which offers recliners at a cost of ₹120 per hour.

Facilities​

With complimentary access to the lounge, you are entitled to two hours of lounge stay in the normal seating area. Meals are served as per the time of the visit. Other facilities include air-conditioning, and charging sockets.

Further, you are also entitled to free Wi-Fi and newspapers/magazines.

Screenshot_20220729-215746_edited-766x1024.jpg

Recliner Zone.

Apart from complimentary facilities, you can also access paid facilities which include a shower, changing rooms, and resting lounges. Recliners are available for a cost of ₹120 per hour.

Bottomline​

IRCTC Executive Lounges are a genuine try from Indian Railways to change the whole experience of travelling via railways. I must say this is a step in the right direction. They definitely give the traveller quality food and comfort better than the crowded waiting rooms. But the journey is far from over as they are currently concentrating more on their expansion and not on sustaining the service levels promised. IRCTC should have a 24x7 complaint centre related to their complaints since they are being tendered to private players.

So there is a scope for improvement but they are the best bet when you are travelling via railways.

Have you been to this lounge or, maybe any other IRCTC Executive Railway lounge? Do share your experiences in the comments below.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I have been to Ahmedabad Railway Lounge thrice. And over the three times visit, the washroom hygiene deteriorated from like 9/10 to 4/10, in my opinion.

Rest everything is fine.
Good Review though, appreciate the efforts! 😀

akshayhs

TF Ace
Though the lounge was clean, the washrooms were not hygienic at all.
Instant red flag for me personally. If I have to go to a lounge, I am either hungry and want to make use of the benefit on my card, or I need clean, hygienic restrooms.

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I visited Ahmedabad railway lounge on 18th and i paid for recliner as i was very tired and other then recliner room whole lounge was packed with no seats left to sit. my recliner room experience was pretty good. Recliner was in very bad condition but it doesn't matter that much when u really tired and found ac room in scorching hot noon. Food was decent lemonade was awful. I had icici mmt signature card hut aith that i wont be able to use recliner so i didnt use my card and choose to pay 120rs for recliner room.

Attachments

• IMG20230418193228.jpg
    IMG20230418193228.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG20230418193224.jpg
    IMG20230418193224.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG20230418193244.jpg
    IMG20230418193244.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20

Swann

TF Premier
Bhai tea and coffee served only 1 time
I visited today infact at the lounge right now,it’s 5 am in morning
I ask to refill tea cup they denied
However breakfast was served poha,upma,alo ki sabji with pudi

And yes as u guys rated washroom ,it will remain same for me too 2/10

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I visited the lounge in consecutive weeks of same month, first time at night around 21:45 and 2nd time around 16:45..

Washrooms were better than the common ones but can't be compared to malls/airport lounges but were clean (maybe cleaning was done around the time I visited).

Seating feels good but aren't cleaned weekly and so, the colour deterioration is definitely there.

Bhai tea and coffee served only 1 time
I did not face issue with tea/coffee serving as the manager was there and I had gotten confirmation from him that the lounge access via card entitles unlimited tea/coffee. the team was humble enough to prepare and give me tea from the kitchen area instead of giving machine tea.

However breakfast was served poha,upma,alo ki sabji with pudi
For me, the menu was exactly same. I was expecting something light as it was hardly 17:00 hrs, but they gave their default thali which was quite heavy (snacks liks poha/upma/sandwitches cound have done the job).

Gulab jamun also served once(at lunch time only)
sweet limited hi hota hai :p
But I received it while having dinner and early dinner (around 17:00) both

bhaveshS

TF Ace
I did not face issue with tea/coffee serving as the manager was there and I had gotten confirmation from him that the lounge access via card entitles unlimited tea/coffee. the team was humble enough to prepare and give me tea from the kitchen area instead of giving machine tea.
Tea/coffee is limited only one time.

New update now all is limited check this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-25-20-29-14-88_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-25-20-29-14-88_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 20