• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IRCTC Executive Lounge Jaipur Review

On a recent roundtrip to Jaipur from Delhi I happened to visit IRCTC Executive Lounge at Jaipur Junction. With the rapid expansion of such lounges at various railway stations leaving early for the station and waiting for your train has become less nightmarish. The perks of free unlimited food, comfortable seating in a relaxed environment, and free Wi-Fi at railway stations are additional.

Experience​

Check-in:​

IMG_20211020_172004-1024x768.jpg

A price list is given for paid users and a list of cards for complimentary access.
The lounge is located on Platform No. 1 which is at the main station entrance from the Gopalbari area side. I used my IDFC First Select Credit Card to access the lounge complimentary and the check-in was very smooth. A simple authentication of ₹2 on my card was done as validation charges which are non-refundable same as in Airport lounges. Surprisingly my train ticket was not inspected as the lounge was almost empty but they can ask for the ticket to prevent unauthorized access.

IMG_20211020_172532_edited-1-1024x767.jpg

The buffet section is inside the dining area in the lounge.
I grabbed a comfy sofa and was given a water bottle by the staff. As it was lunchtime food was already served at the buffet counter and an order for bread was taken by the staff. While I was helping myself with other food items, piping hot rotis were served in a basket. So full numbers to the idea of a railway lounge and its implementation by the staff.

IMG_5277-02-1-1024x781.jpeg

Food options, serving temperatures, and quality were beyond expectations. The only bummer was the plastic spoon!
The staff in the lounge was really very humble and was also eager to provide food packaging facilities for free of charge.

Ambience​

The lounge consists of mainly three sections. The seating area has a seating capacity of 20 persons while the dining area could cater to 15 persons. Though I wasn't expecting much as most of the lounges have been tendered to private players but it was clean beyond expectations. Amenities included charging sockets, air conditioning, clean washrooms access, and T.V.

IMG_20211020_164545-1024x768.jpg

The seating area with comfy single sofas.
Gone is the era of clumsy waiting lounges at railway stations with uncomfortable metal chairs and the pain of maintaining a constant vigil on the charging socket for availability.

IMG_5273_edited-1024x820.jpg

View of the seating area from the dining area.
Plus they had a recliner section which was separate and was not included in the complimentary access.

IMG_5279-1024x768.jpeg

The Deluxe resting suite can be accessed for a fee of ₹349 for 2 hours.

Facilities​

With complimentary access to the lounge, you are entitled to two hours of lounge stay in the normal seating area. Meals are served as per the time of the visit. I visited past afternoon and thus lunch was served to me. And generally, if you are not visiting during standard meal timings then all you are entitled to is tea/coffee, cookies, and maybe some snack subject to availability.

Further, you are also entitled to free Wi-Fi and newspapers/magazines. I didn't ask for any of them so I cannot comment on their availability.

Bottomline​

All in all, it was a good experience with a decent variety of food spread, sparkingly clean interiors, and a comfortably peaceful seating area, Indian Railways is working honestly to change the way you travel.

As travel is opening up back to pre-pandemic levels I think many of the readers will be looking forward to travelling in Indian Railways and accessing the railway lounges. So for them, I am again sharing one of our most popular articles on the same which would give them all the information about all the Credit Cards in India for Railway Lounge Access.

Further, I would suggest everyone not to expect airport lounge-like facilities at railway stations and also ask not to settle for services less than what they are entitled to.

Have you been to this lounge or, maybe any other IRCTC Executive Railway lounge? Do share your experiences in the comments below.