• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[INFO] If you are being denied ICICI LTF Credit Cards, this can be the reason

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
After arguing with ICICI Branch Manager with the threat of closing multiple Salary Accounts at once (we were 5 guys who went to the bank) as we were not getting offered any LTF Credit Cards even after being eligible for them, he asked our RM to tell the "actual" (there is a BIG IF) reason..

According to them, they have separate list of companies for:
1. Salary Account
2. Personal/Home Loans
3. Credit Cards
4. Investment, others

ICICI Internal Department:
They have a Company Relationship department which takes care of company (and their employee) accounts who have tie-ups with ICICI for any salary related queries and adjustments. Each company, when tie-ups with ICICI gets a PPA code (which many may know) and they assign a PPO for any queries/issues related to that company.

The Company RM:
That guy is responsible for adding your company in the given set of lists as per the companies liability, profits etc. As CC is requested by generally every salary holder, they scrutinize the list and keep only "vintage" companies in it. The name seems odd but according to them, company which have higher profits and have longer relationship with ICICI with a good number of salary account holders are added in that list. If you company is in that list, they can give LTF cards without blinking.

Difference in list:
Out of us 5, 2 of us were in same company while others were from a different one. When we checked (in front of him), we got to know that we two were being bombarded with only Loan offers while the other 3 only had Investment offers (not even Loans). He then explained that the PPO had added our company in Salary and Loan list while the other company was added only in Salary and Investment list which is they were not being offered any kind of pre-approved loans (and not CC offers for all 5 of us).

Any Possibility?:
He told us that the only way is to ask your employer to get in touch with the PPO and ask him to add the company to Credit Card list. But there are terms and conditions which your finance teams may or may not agree but other than that, you can not get LTF card directly even if you try to raise this to Grievance Level 3 (which we already did)

How non-Salary Holders get it?
When we asked how people get LTF cards without even having salary accounts, he said "when they submit documents, we check internally whether the company is in the CC vintage list, if its there we approve LTF as we know that the possibility of him being defaulter will be less as he is working in that firm" (I didn't argue that he might leave the company and get into defaulter list :p )

No LTF then?:
He further said "you will be eligible for paid upgrades and you can get that, use it for a year or 2 and then ask for LTF but that's totally based on the conditions and instructions given to the cc team at that point of time". You may get LTF approved or may have to close the CC.

You may get it if ICICI runs some limited period offer on LTF cards for everyone which has some set of rules to be done (just like other banks) in order to get that card converted to LTF

After hearing all this, it atleast made some sense as to why we weren't getting any offers even after having salary account for 4+ years with ICICI.
Hope this helps anyone who is in the same boat as me 🥲

Disclaimer: I just shared my experience, I am not sure what actually happens and how true this is, but this was told by an employee... so that's that 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Ninad97

TF Buzz
Platinum is anyway LTF :p

This is the LTF offer list which ICICI had earlier:
1659632283796-png.3184

Generally:
50k+ should get your Coral LTF
1L+ should get you Rubyx LTF
2L+ should get you Sapphiro LTF
3L+ should get you Emaralde LTF

These limits also vary according to the relationship you hold with the bank (NRV).

Not sure if it's still valid or not for everyone, but Product team follows the same rules.

Do 1 thing, Meet your RM (and BM)... If your Net sal is 1L+ (just to be safe), ask them "which CC can I get ?"
When they say that you can only get Platinum and no other gemstone card, ask them to confirm the same over mail (necessary for written proof) WHILE SITTING IN FRONT OF THEM.

If they actually reply (they might be the dumbest employees), Tell them that you know about the "Product team approval process" and that you are going to mail seniormanagement@icici, while mentioning both RMs' and BMs' name, complaining that they are not helping customers...

if they do not look terrified, send a mail in front of them, while keeping BM in CC

In mail, just write that RM and BM are hopeless and even after telling them about the Product Approval Route, they are not trying to get the approval and give you Rubyx card as LTF even-though your salary is above the requirement..

you should get a call within 7 days from escalation department... just complaint about RM and BM, and then ask for Rubyx as LTF as your sal is abouve the bracket. They will check internally and should process your application within 2-3 days

All the Best!
@NOOBY I have privilege account with ICICI so I mailed to headprivilegebanking@icicibank.com and told them about whole rm & customer care thing and how I have account with them and my monthly income and asked why I was not getting rubyx ltf. They replied saying rubyx is chargeble and send its details as reply then I shared ss with them with conditions and asked share me the conditions for ltf cards this is what they replied
1688999504252.png

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Forwarded the reply with same request I'd... What do u think ... 😁😁
I have privilege account with ICICI so I mailed to headprivilegebanking@icicibank.com and told them about whole rm & customer care thing and how I have account with them and my monthly income and asked why I was not getting rubyx ltf. They replied saying rubyx is chargeble and send its details as reply then I shared ss with them with conditions and asked share me the conditions for ltf cards this is what they replied

Replying to both in common

First thing, my mistake... The email id is: senior.management@icicibank.com

You need to mention 2 things:
1. You did not get proper support from RM/BM and from headprivilegebanking too.
2. You know about the "Product Approval Process" where your BM/RM needs to take Approval from Product team for giving the said card as LTF (and you know about the criteria too, 50k+ for LTF Coral and 1L+ for LTF Rubyx) but they aren't caring to do so.

Mention that if you don't get help from senior management too, then you would be closing all cards and account in ICICI.

This should trigger action from senior team (Keep your Branch manager in CC)

Hi guys, I am a newbie to the CC world.

I have a HPCL Coral CC LTF (Visa) and an Amazon Pay Card with 60k shared limits and have a Savings Account with ICICI. Recently I came across many offers on Amex cards so I spoke to a guy at my ICICI branch to get a HPCL Coral Amex LTF card to avail such offers. The person told me that it is considered an upgrade and hence would be chargeable. I argued with him and told him that I want the same card with no limit enhancement but just Amex without cancelling my existing Visa card. Was denied.

Any idea on how to get the Amex variant and whether what he said is true?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi guys, I am a newbie to the CC world.

I have a HPCL Coral CC LTF (Visa) and an Amazon Pay Card with 60k shared limits and have a Savings Account with ICICI. Recently I came across many offers on Amex cards so I spoke to a guy at my ICICI branch to get a HPCL Coral Amex LTF card to avail such offers. The person told me that it is considered an upgrade and hence would be chargeable. I argued with him and told him that I want the same card with no limit enhancement but just Amex without cancelling my existing Visa card. Was denied.

Any idea on how to get the Amex variant and whether what he said is true?
If HPCL variant has an amex variant, then it would be considered as a network change and they are deemded to give you as LTF.

Ask him that you want to change network, if he says again that it's chargeable, then tell him to give in writing (or ask him to have a word with BM)

Then, escalate to grievance team if they both do not apply for you.

BTW, which amex offers are you talking about ?

As sometimes, they are only for core amex cards and not for co-branded

If HPCL variant has an amex variant, then it would be considered as a network change and they are deemded to give you as LTF.

Ask him that you want to change network, if he says again that it's chargeable, then tell him to give in writing (or ask him to have a word with BM)

Then, escalate to grievance team if they both do not apply for you.

BTW, which amex offers are you talking about ?

As sometimes, they are only for core amex cards and not for co-branded
Many a times Zomato and other website have offers for Amex Cards issued by SBI, ICICI, Axis etc.

Ninad97

TF Buzz
Replying to both in common

First thing, my mistake... The email id is: senior.management@icicibank.com

You need to mention 2 things:
1. You did not get proper support from RM/BM and from headprivilegebanking too.
2. You know about the "Product Approval Process" where your BM/RM needs to take Approval from Product team for giving the said card as LTF (and you know about the criteria too, 50k+ for LTF Coral and 1L+ for LTF Rubyx) but they aren't caring to do so.

Mention that if you don't get help from senior management too, then you would be closing all cards and account in ICICI.

This should trigger action from senior team (Keep your Branch manager in CC)
Hi @NOOBY

I mailed to the senior management & got a call from their bangalore office & they did the application process
On the mobile app in tracking process card was showing as platinum one and I lost all hope to fight them but to my surprise they delivered rubyx
There was no mention of charges in document I received so I dmed icicibankcares on twtitter for an email confirmation & they replied confirming it is ltf

Attachments

• 1691588116652.png
    1691588116652.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 38

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi @NOOBY

I mailed to the senior management & got a call from their bangalore office & they did the application process
On the mobile app in tracking process card was showing as platinum one and I lost all hope to fight them but to my surprise they delivered rubyx
There was no mention of charges in document I received so I dmed icicibankcares on twtitter for an email confirmation & they replied confirming it is ltf
Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉

Paritosh

TF Select
I am holding ICICI salary account since last 5 years. I got APay Credit card with good limit. As I was not getting any LTF CC offers I opened separate joint Wealth management account with my family member. Still I am not getting any CC offer. I tried to fill online form and saw Rubyx LTF while applying but the application got rejected. Also I tried applying for platinum with no success.

I reached to the bank and had a discussion with RM, BM but no conclusion. They responded that I am not getting any LTF because I am already holding APay.

Any help is appreciated.

James

TF Ace
I am holding ICICI salary account since last 5 years. I got APay Credit card with good limit. As I was not getting any LTF CC offers I opened separate joint Wealth management account with my family member. Still I am not getting any CC offer. I tried to fill online form and saw Rubyx LTF while applying but the application got rejected. Also I tried applying for platinum with no success.

I reached to the bank and had a discussion with RM, BM but no conclusion. They responded that I am not getting any LTF because I am already holding APay.

Any help is appreciated.
Is platinum credit card enough for you?

Any help is appreciated.
If you only want an icici card for instant discount offers then platinum is enough for you. To get platinum just message icici on twitter. They will easily give it to you.

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi @NOOBY

Congrats buddy :)
Hi @NOOBY

Congrats

After arguing with ICICI Branch Manager with the threat of closing multiple Salary Accounts at once (we were 5 guys who went to the bank) as we were not getting offered any LTF Credit Cards even after being eligible for them, he asked our RM to tell the "actual" (there is a BIG IF) reason..

According to them, they have separate list of companies for:
1. Salary Account
2. Personal/Home Loans
3. Credit Cards
4. Investment, others

ICICI Internal Department:
They have a Company Relationship department which takes care of company (and their employee) accounts who have tie-ups with ICICI for any salary related queries and adjustments. Each company, when tie-ups with ICICI gets a PPA code (which many may know) and they assign a PPO for any queries/issues related to that company.

The Company RM:
That guy is responsible for adding your company in the given set of lists as per the companies liability, profits etc. As CC is requested by generally every salary holder, they scrutinize the list and keep only "vintage" companies in it. The name seems odd but according to them, company which have higher profits and have longer relationship with ICICI with a good number of salary account holders are added in that list. If you company is in that list, they can give LTF cards without blinking.

Difference in list:
Out of us 5, 2 of us were in same company while others were from a different one. When we checked (in front of him), we got to know that we two were being bombarded with only Loan offers while the other 3 only had Investment offers (not even Loans). He then explained that the PPO had added our company in Salary and Loan list while the other company was added only in Salary and Investment list which is they were not being offered any kind of pre-approved loans (and not CC offers for all 5 of us).

Any Possibility?:
He told us that the only way is to ask your employer to get in touch with the PPO and ask him to add the company to Credit Card list. But there are terms and conditions which your finance teams may or may not agree but other than that, you can not get LTF card directly even if you try to raise this to Grievance Level 3 (which we already did)

How non-Salary Holders get it?
When we asked how people get LTF cards without even having salary accounts, he said "when they submit documents, we check internally whether the company is in the CC vintage list, if its there we approve LTF as we know that the possibility of him being defaulter will be less as he is working in that firm" (I didn't argue that he might leave the company and get into defaulter list :p )

No LTF then?:
He further said "you will be eligible for paid upgrades and you can get that, use it for a year or 2 and then ask for LTF but that's totally based on the conditions and instructions given to the cc team at that point of time". You may get LTF approved or may have to close the CC.

You may get it if ICICI runs some limited period offer on LTF cards for everyone which has some set of rules to be done (just like other banks) in order to get that card converted to LTF

After hearing all this, it atleast made some sense as to why we weren't getting any offers even after having salary account for 4+ years with ICICI.
Hope this helps anyone who is in the same boat as me 🥲

Disclaimer: I just shared my experience, I am not sure what actually happens and how true this is, but this was told by an employee... so that's that 🤷‍♂️
I have pre approved icici sapphiro credit card but it’s paid how to get it LTF I’m holding Amazon pay coral credit card with 260k limit ??

KLB@96

TF Premier
Guys, I hold a platinum and coral rupay LTF cards. I previously close Apay CC years ago, now when am trying to apply it is not giving me card. It says unable to offer credit card to you. Reached out to support and they told Apay card is invite basis only and I have to wait for the offer and they cant tell how much time. Anything can be done ?

Guys, I hold a platinum and coral rupay LTF cards. I previously close Apay CC years ago, now when am trying to apply it is not giving me card. It says unable to offer credit card to you. Reached out to support and they told Apay card is invite basis only and I have to wait for the offer and they cant tell how much time. Anything can be done ?
Create a new amazon account with icici registered mobile no. You can add another number in your existing amazon account.

KLB@96

TF Premier
Create a new amazon account with icici registered mobile no. You can add another number in your existing amazon account.
Hey , sorry I did not understand. I used the same num in amazon and icic. I do not want to create a new account as the current account is old and my entire family uses and it prime membership for a year.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey , sorry I did not understand. I used the same num in amazon and icic. I do not want to create a new account as the current account is old and my entire family uses and it prime membership for a year.
what he means is that in your existing account, change the registered number (anyone from your family)

then create a new amazon account with new email and the number which is registered with icici and wait for the offer. Apply via amazon as soon as you get it

once you receive card, delete new account and revert the number in old account again