[INFO] If you are being denied ICICI LTF Credit Cards, this can be the reason

NOOBY

After arguing with ICICI Branch Manager with the threat of closing multiple Salary Accounts at once (we were 5 guys who went to the bank) as we were not getting offered any LTF Credit Cards even after being eligible for them, he asked our RM to tell the "actual" (there is a BIG IF) reason..

According to them, they have separate list of companies for:
1. Salary Account
2. Personal/Home Loans
3. Credit Cards
4. Investment, others

ICICI Internal Department:
They have a Company Relationship department which takes care of company (and their employee) accounts who have tie-ups with ICICI for any salary related queries and adjustments. Each company, when tie-ups with ICICI gets a PPA code (which many may know) and they assign a PPO for any queries/issues related to that company.

The Company RM:
That guy is responsible for adding your company in the given set of lists as per the companies liability, profits etc. As CC is requested by generally every salary holder, they scrutinize the list and keep only "vintage" companies in it. The name seems odd but according to them, company which have higher profits and have longer relationship with ICICI with a good number of salary account holders are added in that list. If you company is in that list, they can give LTF cards without blinking.

Difference in list:
Out of us 5, 2 of us were in same company while others were from a different one. When we checked (in front of him), we got to know that we two were being bombarded with only Loan offers while the other 3 only had Investment offers (not even Loans). He then explained that the PPO had added our company in Salary and Loan list while the other company was added only in Salary and Investment list which is they were not being offered any kind of pre-approved loans (and not CC offers for all 5 of us).

Any Possibility?:
He told us that the only way is to ask your employer to get in touch with the PPO and ask him to add the company to Credit Card list. But there are terms and conditions which your finance teams may or may not agree but other than that, you can not get LTF card directly even if you try to raise this to Grievance Level 3 (which we already did)

How non-Salary Holders get it?
When we asked how people get LTF cards without even having salary accounts, he said "when they submit documents, we check internally whether the company is in the CC vintage list, if its there we approve LTF as we know that the possibility of him being defaulter will be less as he is working in that firm" (I didn't argue that he might leave the company and get into defaulter list :p )

No LTF then?:
He further said "you will be eligible for paid upgrades and you can get that, use it for a year or 2 and then ask for LTF but that's totally based on the conditions and instructions given to the cc team at that point of time". You may get LTF approved or may have to close the CC.

You may get it if ICICI runs some limited period offer on LTF cards for everyone which has some set of rules to be done (just like other banks) in order to get that card converted to LTF

After hearing all this, it atleast made some sense as to why we weren't getting any offers even after having salary account for 4+ years with ICICI.
Hope this helps anyone who is in the same boat as me 🥲

Disclaimer: I just shared my experience, I am not sure what actually happens and how true this is, but this was told by an employee... so that's that 🤷‍♂️

NOOBY

I also wealth account but not getting LTF sapphiro currently platinum with limit of 10L

After arguing with ICICI Branch Manager with the threat of closing multiple Salary Accounts at once (we were 5 guys who went to the bank) as we were not getting offered any LTF Credit Cards even after being eligible for them, he asked our RM to tell the "actual" (there is a BIG IF) reason..

According to them, they have separate list of companies for:
1. Salary Account
2. Personal/Home Loans
3. Credit Cards
4. Investment, others

ICICI Internal Department:
They have a Company Relationship department which takes care of company (and their employee) accounts who have tie-ups with ICICI for any salary related queries and adjustments. Each company, when tie-ups with ICICI gets a PPA code (which many may know) and they assign a PPO for any queries/issues related to that company.

The Company RM:
That guy is responsible for adding your company in the given set of lists as per the companies liability, profits etc. As CC is requested by generally every salary holder, they scrutinize the list and keep only "vintage" companies in it. The name seems odd but according to them, company which have higher profits and have longer relationship with ICICI with a good number of salary account holders are added in that list. If you company is in that list, they can give LTF cards without blinking.

Difference in list:
Out of us 5, 2 of us were in same company while others were from a different one. When we checked (in front of him), we got to know that we two were being bombarded with only Loan offers while the other 3 only had Investment offers (not even Loans). He then explained that the PPO had added our company in Salary and Loan list while the other company was added only in Salary and Investment list which is they were not being offered any kind of pre-approved loans (and not CC offers for all 5 of us).

Any Possibility?:
He told us that the only way is to ask your employer to get in touch with the PPO and ask him to add the company to Credit Card list. But there are terms and conditions which your finance teams may or may not agree but other than that, you can not get LTF card directly even if you try to raise this to Grievance Level 3 (which we already did)

How non-Salary Holders get it?
When we asked how people get LTF cards without even having salary accounts, he said "when they submit documents, we check internally whether the company is in the CC vintage list, if its there we approve LTF as we know that the possibility of him being defaulter will be less as he is working in that firm" (I didn't argue that he might leave the company and get into defaulter list :p )

No LTF then?:
He further said "you will be eligible for paid upgrades and you can get that, use it for a year or 2 and then ask for LTF but that's totally based on the conditions and instructions given to the cc team at that point of time". You may get LTF approved or may have to close the CC.

You may get it if ICICI runs some limited period offer on LTF cards for everyone which has some set of rules to be done (just like other banks) in order to get that card converted to LTF

After hearing all this, it atleast made some sense as to why we weren't getting any offers even after having salary account for 4+ years with ICICI.
Hope this helps anyone who is in the same boat as me 🥲

Disclaimer: I just shared my experience, I am not sure what actually happens and how true this is, but this was told by an employee... so that's that 🤷‍♂️
I will say whatever explanation that employee gave u is 99.99999% bullshit.. my elder bro is not working in any company for last six months... Prior to that he was working abroad... And now doing purely trading... Has no relation with ICICI Bank... Few days ago got a call for paid coral.. he declined then again got a call to visit branch and he was given coral ltf.. so no company ..no job and no relation still got ltf card

NOOBY

I will say whatever explanation that employee gave u is 99.99999% bullshit.. my elder bro is not working in any company for last six months... Prior to that he was working abroad... And now doing purely trading... Has no relation with ICICI Bank... Few days ago got a call for paid coral.. he declined then again got a call to visit branch and he was given coral ltf.. so no company ..no job and no relation still got ltf card
The thread was mostly for salaried account holders, but was applicable for normal account holders too.

ICICI always need Product team approval for giving LTF. The person who processed the application would be quite behind his/her targets, which is why all the process was done.

Also, banks try to pull new customers which is why it was easier for him to get ltf (as the cc person also did bring a new customer to icici along with selling a card). If he would have an account in ICICI, then it would have been similar to what I said.

Ask your elder brother to try getting Rubyx as LTF now and see their response. as he is already a customer now, they would ask for salary proof, or will ask him to provide decent NRV to ICICI (by opening a savings account and putting money in there) for them to get approval... the whole situation and language would change.

Since the original thread/post, I was able to upgrade my account to wealth management, got Coral Rupay and Sapphiro Dual as LTF :)
All this only because of NRV and fights I had to take up with branches and continuous pestering to senior management :p

You should be able to understand by this example:
ICICI is opening new wealth management accounts for customer with initial deposit of as low as 5L (1L for some cases too in towns), while for upgradation (existing customers), they are not budging below 25L (as its their T&C). So, the NRV requirement goes down while pulling new customer and creating new accounts, but remains same for existing accounts.. that's how banks work

The thread was mostly for salaried account holders, but was applicable for normal account holders too.

ICICI always need Product team approval for giving LTF. The person who processed the application would be quite behind his/her targets, which is why all the process was done.

Also, banks try to pull new customers which is why it was easier for him to get ltf (as the cc person also did bring a new customer to icici along with selling a card). If he would have an account in ICICI, then it would have been similar to what I said.

Ask your elder brother to try getting Rubyx as LTF now and see their response. as he is already a customer now, they would ask for salary proof, or will ask him to provide decent NRV to ICICI (by opening a savings account and putting money in there) for them to get approval... the whole situation and language would change.

Since the original thread/post, I was able to upgrade my account to wealth management, got Coral Rupay and Sapphiro Dual as LTF :)
All this only because of NRV and fights I had to take up with branches and continuous pestering to senior management :p

You should be able to understand by this example:
ICICI is opening new wealth management accounts for customer with initial deposit of as low as 5L (1L for some cases too in towns), while for upgradation (existing customers), they are not budging below 25L (as its their T&C). So, the NRV requirement goes down while pulling new customer and creating new accounts, but remains same for existing accounts.. that's how banks work
I asked for upgradation to LTF rubyx through Twitter DM.. gave net salary slip of 88000 .. got a call yesterday and was declined then I asked for coral ltf.. they said send last three month salary slip and we will check for eligibility...

NOOBY

I asked for upgradation to LTF rubyx through Twitter DM.. gave net salary slip of 88000 .. got a call yesterday and was declined then I asked for coral ltf.. they said send last three month salary slip and we will check for eligibility...
That's how sick they are with existing customers...

you should easily get coral ltf but for Rubyx, they won't budge even if you get 97k per month.. for them, 1L means 1L for making Rubyx LTF

NOOBY

1 lakh net or gross in salary slip.. my salary account is in my bank(working in a regional rural govt Bank)😅😅
depends from bank to bank... I never thought of asking this as I did not apply via salary slips

Maybe someone else might know about it..

I would budge towards in-hand salary (i.e. net) though

Ninad97

That's how sick they are with existing customers...

you should easily get coral ltf but for Rubyx, they won't budge even if you get 97k per month.. for them, 1L means 1L for making Rubyx LTF
I tried getting rubyx LTF but they are saying that they can only provide me with platinum LTF on salary on 1L in hand

Ninad97

Bhai danda leke jao branch pe aur usi se peeto apne RM ko. 50k pe toh Coral mil jaata hai LTF.
Check the below thread
RM bhi kuch kam ki nahi

Check the below thread
RM bhi kuch kam ki nahi
Is forum pe kahi iska screenshot hoga. Dhundna padega thoda. Vo dikha do RM ko. ICICI ka customer care quality bahut down ho gya hai. Nhi toh head service quality/ head credit cards pe mail likhna vo screenshot attach karke.

Maine bhi salary account move karne ka threat diya tha phir unhone issue kar diya tha LTF Sapphiro. Next month phir maine move kar hi diya apna salary account.

Is forum pe kahi iska screenshot hoga. Dhundna padega thoda. Vo dikha do RM ko. ICICI ka customer care quality bahut down ho gya hai. Nhi toh head service quality/ head credit cards pe mail likhna vo screenshot attach karke.

Maine bhi salary account move karne ka threat diya tha phir unhone issue kar diya tha LTF Sapphiro. Next month phir maine move kar hi diya apna salary account.
For anyone looking for that ss

NOOBY

I tried getting rubyx LTF but they are saying that they can only provide me with platinum LTF on salary on 1L in hand
Platinum is anyway LTF :p

This is the LTF offer list which ICICI had earlier:
1659632283796-png.3184

Generally:
50k+ should get your Coral LTF
1L+ should get you Rubyx LTF
2L+ should get you Sapphiro LTF
3L+ should get you Emaralde LTF

These limits also vary according to the relationship you hold with the bank (NRV).

Not sure if it's still valid or not for everyone, but Product team follows the same rules.

Do 1 thing, Meet your RM (and BM)... If your Net sal is 1L+ (just to be safe), ask them "which CC can I get ?"
When they say that you can only get Platinum and no other gemstone card, ask them to confirm the same over mail (necessary for written proof) WHILE SITTING IN FRONT OF THEM.

If they actually reply (they might be the dumbest employees), Tell them that you know about the "Product team approval process" and that you are going to mail seniormanagement@icici, while mentioning both RMs' and BMs' name, complaining that they are not helping customers...

if they do not look terrified, send a mail in front of them, while keeping BM in CC

In mail, just write that RM and BM are hopeless and even after telling them about the Product Approval Route, they are not trying to get the approval and give you Rubyx card as LTF even-though your salary is above the requirement..

you should get a call within 7 days from escalation department... just complaint about RM and BM, and then ask for Rubyx as LTF as your sal is abouve the bracket. They will check internally and should process your application within 2-3 days

All the Best!

lucifer

1659632283796-png.3184

Generally:

These limits also vary according to the relationship you hold with the bank (NRV).

Not sure if it's still valid or not for everyone, but Product team follows the same rules.

Do 1 thing, Meet your RM (and BM)... If your Net sal is 1L+ (just to be safe), ask them "which CC can I get ?"
When they say that you can only get Platinum and no other gemstone card, ask them to confirm the same over mail (necessary for written proof) WHILE SITTING IN FRONT OF THEM.

If they actually reply (they might be the dumbest employees), Tell them that you know about the "Product team approval process" and that you are going to mail seniormanagement@icici, while mentioning both RMs' and BMs' name, complaining that they are not helping customers...

if they do not look terrified, send a mail in front of them, while keeping BM in CC

In mail, just write that RM and BM are hopeless and even after telling them about the Product Approval Route, they are not trying to get the approval and give you Rubyx card as LTF even-though your salary is above the requirement..

you should get a call within 7 days from escalation department... just complaint about RM and BM, and then ask for Rubyx as LTF as your sal is abouve the bracket. They will check internally and should process your application within 2-3 days

All the Best!
I think these salary limits are valid only for people working specific list of companies

1659632283796-png.3184

Generally:

All the Best!
Don't know about there rules.. shayad jisse jyada dhandha(business) milne ki ummid ho use hi dete..

• Screenshot_2023-07-09-17-02-46-82_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-09-17-02-46-82_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2023-07-09-17-00-38-93_c8189e064c6bc0879e5b21ec24b94c4b.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-09-17-00-38-93_c8189e064c6bc0879e5b21ec24b94c4b.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_2023-07-09-17-00-07-69_c8189e064c6bc0879e5b21ec24b94c4b.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-09-17-00-07-69_c8189e064c6bc0879e5b21ec24b94c4b.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 33