• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[INFO] If you are being denied ICICI LTF Credit Cards, this can be the reason

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
After arguing with ICICI Branch Manager with the threat of closing multiple Salary Accounts at once (we were 5 guys who went to the bank) as we were not getting offered any LTF Credit Cards even after being eligible for them, he asked our RM to tell the "actual" (there is a BIG IF) reason..

According to them, they have separate list of companies for:
1. Salary Account
2. Personal/Home Loans
3. Credit Cards
4. Investment, others

ICICI Internal Department:
They have a Company Relationship department which takes care of company (and their employee) accounts who have tie-ups with ICICI for any salary related queries and adjustments. Each company, when tie-ups with ICICI gets a PPA code (which many may know) and they assign a PPO for any queries/issues related to that company.

The Company RM:
That guy is responsible for adding your company in the given set of lists as per the companies liability, profits etc. As CC is requested by generally every salary holder, they scrutinize the list and keep only "vintage" companies in it. The name seems odd but according to them, company which have higher profits and have longer relationship with ICICI with a good number of salary account holders are added in that list. If you company is in that list, they can give LTF cards without blinking.

Difference in list:
Out of us 5, 2 of us were in same company while others were from a different one. When we checked (in front of him), we got to know that we two were being bombarded with only Loan offers while the other 3 only had Investment offers (not even Loans). He then explained that the PPO had added our company in Salary and Loan list while the other company was added only in Salary and Investment list which is they were not being offered any kind of pre-approved loans (and not CC offers for all 5 of us).

Any Possibility?:
He told us that the only way is to ask your employer to get in touch with the PPO and ask him to add the company to Credit Card list. But there are terms and conditions which your finance teams may or may not agree but other than that, you can not get LTF card directly even if you try to raise this to Grievance Level 3 (which we already did)

How non-Salary Holders get it?
When we asked how people get LTF cards without even having salary accounts, he said "when they submit documents, we check internally whether the company is in the CC vintage list, if its there we approve LTF as we know that the possibility of him being defaulter will be less as he is working in that firm" (I didn't argue that he might leave the company and get into defaulter list :p )

No LTF then?:
He further said "you will be eligible for paid upgrades and you can get that, use it for a year or 2 and then ask for LTF but that's totally based on the conditions and instructions given to the cc team at that point of time". You may get LTF approved or may have to close the CC.

You may get it if ICICI runs some limited period offer on LTF cards for everyone which has some set of rules to be done (just like other banks) in order to get that card converted to LTF

After hearing all this, it atleast made some sense as to why we weren't getting any offers even after having salary account for 4+ years with ICICI.
Hope this helps anyone who is in the same boat as me 🥲

Disclaimer: I just shared my experience, I am not sure what actually happens and how true this is, but this was told by an employee... so that's that 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Saul Goodman

TF Select
If this is really the reason to offer LTF CC or paid CC, then this is ridiculous!

Difference in list:
Out of us 5, 2 of us were in same company while others were from a different one. When we checked (in front of him), we got to know that we two were being bombarded with only Loan offers while the other 3 only had Investment offers (not even Loans). He then explained that the PPO had added our company in Salary and Loan list while the other company was added only in Salary and Investment list which is they were not being offered any kind of pre-approved loans (and not CC offers for all 5 of us).
Here's another idea to ICICI - take the customer's date of birth, pin code (location) and evaluate the horoscope of the customer through your astrology department. Then you can decide if you can offer the customer, loan or cc or investment offers. 🤦‍♂️

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
After arguing with ICICI Branch Manager with the threat of closing multiple Salary Accounts at once (we were 5 guys who went to the bank) as we were not getting offered any LTF Credit Cards even after being eligible for them, he asked our RM to tell the "actual" (there is a BIG IF) reason..

1. Salary Account
2. Personal/Home Loans
3. Credit Cards
4. Investment, others

They have a Company Relationship department which takes care of company (and their employee) accounts who have tie-ups with ICICI for any salary related queries and adjustments. Each company, when tie-ups with ICICI gets a PPA code (which many may know) and they assign a PPO for any queries/issues related to that company.

The Company RM:
That guy is responsible for adding your company in the given set of lists as per the companies liability, profits etc. As CC is requested by generally every salary holder, they scrutinize the list and keep only "vintage" companies in it. The name seems odd but according to them, company which have higher profits and have longer relationship with ICICI with a good number of salary account holders are added in that list. If you company is in that list, they can give LTF cards without blinking.

Difference in list:

Any Possibility?:
He told us that the only way is to ask your employer to get in touch with the PPO and ask him to add the company to Credit Card list. But there are terms and conditions which your finance teams may or may not agree but other than that, you can not get LTF card directly even if you try to raise this to Grievance Level 3 (which we already did)

When we asked how people get LTF cards without even having salary accounts, he said "when they submit documents, we check internally whether the company is in the CC vintage list, if its there we approve LTF as we know that the possibility of him being defaulter will be less as he is working in that firm" (I didn't argue that he might leave the company and get into defaulter list :p )

No LTF then?:
He further said "you will be eligible for paid upgrades and you can get that, use it for a year or 2 and then ask for LTF but that's totally based on the conditions and instructions given to the cc team at that point of time". You may get LTF approved or may have to close the CC.

You may get it if ICICI runs some limited period offer on LTF cards for everyone which has some set of rules to be done (just like other banks) in order to get that card converted to LTF

After hearing all this, it atleast made some sense as to why we weren't getting any offers even after having salary account for 4+ years with ICICI.

Disclaimer: I just shared my experience, I am not sure what actually happens and how true this is, but this was told by an employee... so that's that 🤷‍♂️
Anyways u can get cc company list pls

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Someone mentioned that only spend based wavier exist now for all cc due to some RBI regulation.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
Other way is - Apply for a ICICI Platinum CC or MMT CC, both of them being LTF/only Joining Fees for MMT.

This might be true. Since 2 of my friends, were offered sarary account in ICICI by their company, and without even application and with 0 credit history offered Platinum LTF, assigned to them. They only got information of the credit cards after they were asked to collect it from the HR dept. How cool is that.

1. Salary Account
2. Personal/Home Loans
3. Credit Cards
4. Investment, others

The Company RM:

Difference in list:

Any Possibility?:

No LTF then?:

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Here's another idea to ICICI - take the customer's date of birth, pin code (location) and evaluate the horoscope of the customer through your astrology department. Then you can decide if you can offer the customer, loan or cc or investment offers. 🤦‍♂️
Wait until some Baba starts credit card company :p

Anyways u can get cc company list pls
We were already irritated (and sad) as there was no possibility for us. We also got to talk with Credit Card RM (he was head of CC department for the region) and so, We couldn't just "ask" him as we had to be polite xD

Someone mentioned that only spend based wavier exist now for all cc due to some RBI regulation.
No idea, most banks are still offering LTF

Other way is - Apply for a ICICI Platinum CC or MMT CC, both of them being LTF/only Joining Fees for MMT.
That's the only way if your company hasn't made into the list :(

This might be true. Since 2 of my friends, were offered sarary account in ICICI by their company, and without even application and with 0 credit history offered Platinum LTF, assigned to them. They only got information of the credit cards after they were asked to collect it from the HR dept. How cool is that.

Must be some big company like Amazon/JP Morgan or the Nexus 4. They might have this relationship with the Company RM that he would give Platinum CC along with the welcome kit.

If this is really the reason to offer LTF CC or paid CC, then this is ridiculous!
Same feelings..... It harder when you know that you won't get those LTF cards even if you try invest or maintain good relationship.

But if you think from their perspective, its actually right (to some point)... they don't want to give LTF cards to 400 employees out of which most do not use it or become defaulters.... they too need some kind of confidence that if they give LTF cards, the employee will be able to pay for it...

The only good thing is that I can now stop mailing their customer support, headserviceenquiry and headcreditcards every 4-5 months :D

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
Wait until some Baba starts credit card company :p

We were already irritated (and sad) as there was no possibility for us. We also got to talk with Credit Card RM (he was head of CC department for the region) and so, We couldn't just "ask" him as we had to be polite xD

No idea, most banks are still offering LTF

That's the only way if your company hasn't made into the list :(

Must be some big company like Amazon/JP Morgan or the Nexus 4. They might have this relationship with the Company RM that he would give Platinum CC along with the welcome kit.
No, very small TMT bar manufacturing company it was, salary of ~25K only. Guess what, that guy left that complete few months later and joined a PSU with even less salary, but LTF platinum cc is retained.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I also tried getting the platinum LTF card desperately for few months. Then I came to this conclusion - If you got ICICI Apay Credit card, you should be thankful. Atleast it is LTF and provides 2-5% cashback directly me.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I meant using tricks(?) to make it LTF. Like Register for billpay, take an addon card etc. Like what HDFC used to do.
Aaahhh, like that... I dont think they are doing it now...

These were way too simple to achieve.. now its mostly spend x amount in y months for ltf

Reactions: CMG

Patil007

TF Ace

1. Salary Account
2. Personal/Home Loans
3. Credit Cards
4. Investment, others

The Company RM:

Difference in list:

Any Possibility?:

No LTF then?:

Post salary account was successful opened, they give me HPCL Coral credit card LTF on 5th day. That is my first CC and still using it and it has highest limit.

That time I just completed my college and joined the corporate world. no credit history. Salary was also not much higher 😅

But Company might be in their list.

And using that CC I got other cards with same limit.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Post salary account was successful opened, they give me HPCL Coral credit card LTF on 5th days. That is my first CC and still using it and it has highest limited.

That time I just completed my college and joined the corporate world. no credit history. Salary was also not much higher 😅

But Company might be in their list.

And using that CC I got other cards with same limit.
Same thing happened to me but at a different time.... CC guy from bank approached me via call and said I am eligible for Coral LTF

I visited the bank, confirmed the same but to my surprise it was HPCL one :D

He was like "ohh, the card says Coral and so I though you would be interested"... Complained to BM that he is fooling customers for achieving his targets by misleading people into thinking its Coral.... He was not in the bank next time I visited :p (He was transferred to some Rural branch, where he could fool better I believe)

Saul Goodman

TF Select
In my view, ICICI's perceived correlation between a customer's employer and their eligibility for a LTF CC is discrimination. Then what's the merit in building a relationship with a bank?

Once a wise man (@TechnoFino) said - don't be loyal to any bank.

Anyway ICICI CC's reward program is pathetic other than Amazon pay CC which is LTF for everyone. For festive offers and instant discounts, there's the Platinum LTF. So don't break a sweat for other CC's.

But if you think from their perspective, its actually right (to some point)... they don't want to give LTF cards to 400 employees out of which most do not use it or become defaulters.... they too need some kind of confidence that if they give LTF cards, the employee will be able to pay for it...
I beg to differ, our financial system have credit scores and credit reports to asses the risk.