• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

If you already have a apay card, what's the advantage of getting LTF ICICI Platinum chip card?

I have an APAY card with 4.6 L limit for about 1.5 yrs now.

I am self employed (no registred company yet, with an ITR of 8.5L) and tried applying online for the Platinum LTF card but was instantly rejected the moment i chose "self employed". Did not ask me for any docs and did not ask if I had an existing card.

Got a call a few days later and the person on the phone asked what other cards I had (HDFC MIllenia 1.5L, SBI 1L, AXIS Vistara 2.7L, RBL 1.45L, IDFC Select 2.4L) but she said that if my ITR did not have a registered company name they would not process the application.

I asked what about looking at my existing APAY track record (plus my CIBIL is 781). But no use. I tried emailing with statements from my other cards. but no update yet.

Any advice?

BeingIncog

TF Ace

I am self employed (no registred company yet, with an ITR of 8.5L) and tried applying online for the Platinum LTF card but was instantly rejected the moment i chose "self employed". Did not ask me for any docs and did not ask if I had an existing card.

Got a call a few days later and the person on the phone asked what other cards I had (HDFC MIllenia 1.5L, SBI 1L, AXIS Vistara 2.7L, RBL 1.45L, IDFC Select 2.4L) but she said that if my ITR did not have a registered company name they would not process the application.

I asked what about looking at my existing APAY track record (plus my CIBIL is 781). But no use. I tried emailing with statements from my other cards. but no update yet.

Any advice?
go through this thread, last few pages...

go through this thread, last few pages...
Yeah i've DM'd on twitter.

Was not sure of the EXPRESSIONS route because 2 people I know were not able to upgrade from expressions to platinum even after repeated calls every few days

Arun Pratheep

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Any advice?
Try X(Twitter). Just message them you are having apay(mention last 4 digits) and want to have platinum card. They will msg or call you regarding this

Last edited:
Try X(Twitter). Just message them you are having apay(mention last 4 digits) and want to have platinum card. They will msg or call you reagrding this
Thanks!

just did that earlier this morning. They replied saying they will call me.

Hopefully it gets through. I found it quite weird that the person on call a week back told me that if I had no Company Name on my ITR, it was not possible to process. I told her that I already have a 4.6L APAY card and she says "that is a different dept"

insight

TF Ace
You can use it where Apay card is excluded for ICICI offers.

Also. if you have APay, you can request in twitter to generate Platinum card based on Apay
- Req via twitter = Tweeting them or DMing them? How/ which twitter account?
Apay card will not give you ICICI instant discount offers. You need a normal core ICICI card for that.
Understood. One more question these Instant Disc exempts APAY on AMZN as APAY as CB on AMZN.
But does it also exempt on other sites with Inst Discs? e.g. AJIO or TataCliq have Instant Discount or Inst Discount with Code would APAY work for ID there as its not getting CB there like AMZN.
+1 ... Precisely for the above reasons..
+
It acts as an ADDITIONAL* card for offers on Amazon ( even though you would normally get 5% instant discount + 5% unlimited CB if you are a prime customer )..
Interesting.
*By additional I mean , if you exhaust your maximum discount limit on core card say for e.g. Rs 1,500 or 1,750) during a particular sale.. then you can use this APAY card to get another Rs,1,750 discount for other orders..
Which one is first thats exhausted and which was the another one?
Actually as it is showing LTF in Amazon App, you could try in the Amazon app only provided it asks for your prior relationship with ICICI at the first step..
This will give you an instant Platinum CC and without Cibil hit...
'Try first in Amazon app and see it is asking for your current ICICI credit card number at the first step, it is you can go with the application..
Interesting. I probably ignored if if I even saw it on AMZN. Need to watch out - what page/ section might it have shown up in?
if not then you can try for Twitter route..
Hope you understood my point..
Comprende!

Arun Pratheep

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Understood. One more question these Instant Disc exempts APAY on AMZN as APAY as CB on AMZN.
But does it also exempt on other sites with Inst Discs? e.g. AJIO or TataCliq have Instant Discount or Inst Discount with Code would APAY work for ID there as its not getting CB there like AMZN.
Some sites where ICICI offer is there, like MMT won't accept APay for ICICI offer(Don't know now, previously it didn't accept). So it's better to have other card from ICICI for such scenario.
Screenshot_2023-09-29-01-31-36-13_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

insight

TF Ace
Some sites where ICICI offer is there, like MMT won't accept APay for ICICI offer(Don't know now, previously it didn't accept). So it's better to have other card from ICICI for such scenario.

Because fundamentally what these exemptions are trying to do is "PREVENT" Double Dip "Benefit/ Reward"

From all logic this is a simple "tiny logic" of code. Not having to process and force an entire ecosystem of over head of having/ getting another CC.

Talk about inefficiency for a flawed purpose.