• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Privy LTF Credit cards: White, KaChing, Zen, Royale Signature

vine

TF Premier
Edit: If we open a Privy account, then
Kotak is offering these Credit cards as LTF:
White, KaChing, Zen, Royale Signature.

White -- I don't see any use. May be useful to get C2C for DCB, Magnus? if it is worth.
Addon cards available. Strangely, railway surcharge waiver of 1.8% to 2.5%.
Priority Pass - 4 per year, Visa Lounge access - domestic - two per quarter

KaChing XL -- May be useful to collect reward points and use for once a year domestic travel on Indigo.

Zen -- 1.6% worth reward points on shopping, 0.8% on all other spends (not sure which all excluded).
Max limit is Rs.1250 per cycle. Bonus is Rs.1875 if spends are 3L+

Royale Signature -- I thought its stopped.
4X points on every Rs.150 for hotels,restaurants,tours,airlines,etc. 2X for other spends. Don't know what is rupee value of 1X.
The only thing good I see is Royale Shield - if your CC is stolen, upto 7-days pre-reporting you get 2.5L cover. Need to see MITC.

1) Which one should I take?
2) Can I take White first (use it for C2C better cards from others), and then after a few months, they will agree to give KaChing XL too?

Please suggest.

Last edited:
Kotak is offering Privy with these LTF Credit cards: White, KaChing, Zen, Royale Signature.

White -- I don't see any use. May be useful to get C2C for DCB, Magnus? if it is worth.

KaChing XL -- May be useful to collect reward points and use for once a year domestic travel on Indigo.

Zen -- 1.6% worth reward points on shopping, 0.8% on all other spends (not sure which all excluded).

4X points on every Rs.150 for hotels,restaurants,tours,airlines,etc. 2X for other spends. Don't know what is rupee value of 1X.
The only thing good I see is Royale Shield - if your CC is stolen, upto 7-days pre-reporting you get 2.5L cover. Need to see MITC.

2) Can I take White first (use it for C2C better cards from others), and then after a few months, they will agree to give KaChing XL too?

Please suggest.
I think you mean other way round. LTF offer if you are privy. Kotak would not give privy league status just because you have high variant card

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Kotak is offering Privy with these LTF Credit cards: White, KaChing, Zen, Royale Signature.

Please suggest.
Can you try to get kotak privy league signature credit card. This card has a good milestone benefit.
6400 reward points on spending 1000 per month in 1 quarter.

vine

TF Premier
Can you try to get kotak privy league signature credit card. This card has a good milestone benefit.
The milestone benefit I was told is 4L per year, and we get 10k points.
If there are any other milestones, the RM dude dint tell me about it.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The milestone benefit I was told is 4L per year, and we get 10k points.
If there are any other milestones, the RM dude dint tell me about it.
But this is mentioned on cc page. This benefit of 6400 points per quarter is really good. Please go through link once.

vine

TF Premier
But this is mentioned on cc page. This benefit of 6400 points per quarter is really good. Please go through link once.
Thanks, I will check it with RM.
Problem is that credit cards are being devalued every day.

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

cooldude74

TF Select
I have this card for the past 3 years and the 6400 bonus rewards per quarter on spends of INR 1000 per month is the real value to this card, equivalent to INR 1600 cash and is auto-credited to the card statement every quarter.

Note that these 6400 bonus rewards points are only applicable to the paid variant, not for the LTF variant.

Milestone benefits are not that great. There are 2 milestones that can be achieved, which are again different for the Paid and Free variants.

Paid Variant
Spends of INR 3 L yield 7000 points equivalent to INR 1750
Spends of INR 8 L yield 30000 points equivalent to INR 7500

Free Variant
Spends of INR 4 L yield 10000 points equivalent to INR 2500
Spends of INR 8 L yield 30000 points equivalent to INR 7500

vine

TF Premier
can anyone confirm if they have applied for this "Privy League Signature" card recently? In the last few months.
In website it is written they have stopped sourcing new cards. Is it true, or anyone here have got them issued recently
Yes that's what I was told too. They were ready to give White card, which is absolutely useless except for lounge access.

drsel

TF Legend
But what is the cash value of the points and what to do with these points?

drsel

TF Legend
Value of 1 point is 0.25 paise.
You can redeem as statement credit which is best option imo.
So you spend 2950 joining fee and renewal fee every year and slash 1000 every month and get statement credit of 1600 every quarter???
Incredible!

Return is 6400 - 2950 = 3450 on spend of 12000
Return % = 28.75%
Has anyone ever received this kind of return?

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So you spend 2950 joining fee and renewal fee every year and slash 1000 every month and get statement credit of 1600 every quarter???
Incredible!

Return % = 28.75%
People have already commented they are using this card & getting this return. So it is 28% only for 12k spends, if you do 24k return becomes almost half.
But for this card you need kotak privy league account.

Jack007

TF Buzz
Yes that's what I was told too. They were ready to give White card, which is absolutely useless except for lounge access.
You can get it as a upgrade. Just get any card , use it for 2-3 months and send a mail that you want to upgrade it. They will tell you the features, fees, etc. and upgrade your card after confirmation.

cooldude74

TF Select
Incredible!

Return % = 28.75%
Like I've commented earlier, I have been using this card for quite some time.

I had an old Optima relationship with Kotak which has now got modified into Privy Customer recently, automatically, however, I was in possession of this card much before this change in their product name took place.

Anyway, the annual charges of INR 2500+GST have always been waived off for me, probably due to the account variant/status. So the calculations on the returns are close to 53%.

Cash credit of INR 1600 every quarter by religiously spending INR 1000 per month.
So that's INR 6400 annual returns on spends of INR 12K per annum.
Return % = 53%