• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Privy LTF Credit cards: White, KaChing, Zen, Royale Signature

vine

TF Premier
Edit: If we open a Privy account, then
Kotak is offering these Credit cards as LTF:
White, KaChing, Zen, Royale Signature.

White -- I don't see any use. May be useful to get C2C for DCB, Magnus? if it is worth.
Addon cards available. Strangely, railway surcharge waiver of 1.8% to 2.5%.
Priority Pass - 4 per year, Visa Lounge access - domestic - two per quarter

KaChing XL -- May be useful to collect reward points and use for once a year domestic travel on Indigo.

Zen -- 1.6% worth reward points on shopping, 0.8% on all other spends (not sure which all excluded).
Max limit is Rs.1250 per cycle. Bonus is Rs.1875 if spends are 3L+

Royale Signature -- I thought its stopped.
4X points on every Rs.150 for hotels,restaurants,tours,airlines,etc. 2X for other spends. Don't know what is rupee value of 1X.
The only thing good I see is Royale Shield - if your CC is stolen, upto 7-days pre-reporting you get 2.5L cover. Need to see MITC.

1) Which one should I take?
2) Can I take White first (use it for C2C better cards from others), and then after a few months, they will agree to give KaChing XL too?

Please suggest.

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
Like I've commented earlier, I have been using this card for quite some time.

I had an old Optima relationship with Kotak which has now got modified into Privy Customer recently, automatically, however, I was in possession of this card much before this change in their product name took place.

Anyway, the annual charges of INR 2500+GST have always been waived off for me, probably due to the account variant/status. So the calculations on the returns are close to 53%.

Cash credit of INR 1600 every quarter by religiously spending INR 1000 per month.
So that's INR 6400 annual returns on spends of INR 12K per annum.
Return % = 53%
This is too good to be true.
But I am privy league and this card is not available anymore, anywhere in India

vine

TF Premier
Like I've commented earlier, I have been using this card for quite some time.

I had an old Optima relationship with Kotak which has now got modified into Privy Customer recently, automatically, however, I was in possession of this card much before this change in their product name took place.

Anyway, the annual charges of INR 2500+GST have always been waived off for me, probably due to the account variant/status. So the calculations on the returns are close to 53%.

Cash credit of INR 1600 every quarter by religiously spending INR 1000 per month.
So that's INR 6400 annual returns on spends of INR 12K per annum.
Return % = 53%
What's this credit card name?

Yes that's what I was told too. They were ready to give White card, which is absolutely useless except for lounge access.
for the white cc, if we have privy league acc, then do they overlook other eligibility criteria?
like age and income? income 25l requirement is okay, but quite surprised to see having min age requirement of 28

drsel

TF Legend
for the white cc, if we have privy league acc, then do they overlook other eligibility criteria?
like age and income? income 25l requirement is okay, but quite surprised to see having min age requirement of 28
Try to get the Privy league signature PAID credit card for 2950 joining fee and renewal fee.
It is the best in India.
Let us know if they give it to you
@vine

Melungeon

TF Buzz
Just closed my KaChing XL, the reasons for which I have explained in detail on a couple of other threads. Do yourself a favour and avoid that one entirely.
Edit: If we open a Privy account, then
Kotak is offering these Credit cards as LTF:
White, KaChing, Zen, Royale Signature.

White -- I don't see any use. May be useful to get C2C for DCB, Magnus? if it is worth.
Addon cards available. Strangely, railway surcharge waiver of 1.8% to 2.5%.
Priority Pass - 4 per year, Visa Lounge access - domestic - two per quarter

KaChing XL -- May be useful to collect reward points and use for once a year domestic travel on Indigo.

Zen -- 1.6% worth reward points on shopping, 0.8% on all other spends (not sure which all excluded).
Max limit is Rs.1250 per cycle. Bonus is Rs.1875 if spends are 3L+

Royale Signature -- I thought its stopped.
4X points on every Rs.150 for hotels,restaurants,tours,airlines,etc. 2X for other spends. Don't know what is rupee value of 1X.
The only thing good I see is Royale Shield - if your CC is stolen, upto 7-days pre-reporting you get 2.5L cover. Need to see MITC.

1) Which one should I take?
2) Can I take White first (use it for C2C better cards from others), and then after a few months, they will agree to give KaChing XL too?

Please suggest.