• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help - Privy League Member applying for a Kotak White Reserve LTF Credit Card?

callmexd

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

This is my first post ever. I've been an avid consumer of technofino community content for the past few months and I've finally created an account :) I've got a small challenge that the veterans here may be able to assist with.

I've been a member with Kotak for about 9 years (started since the INGVysya days). I have both a savings and securites account with Kotak (they are linked obv). I dont generally keep more than 50K in my savings account at any given time and my portfolio with Kotak Securities is about 15L+. Since I have a 10L+ NRV with the bank, I was recently upgraded to the Privy League Prima platform (Now called Neon).

Last year, I received a call from someone in the upper management of Kotak. It seems through the process of Family accounting, I would have been eligible for Kotak Wealth/Private Banking. But since my family didnt want to link our accounts together, we declined the offer.

I've been really interested in the Kotak White Reserve credit card because im pretty curious about the White pass membership. Also, the VISA Infinite platform helps :) - I would get access to a capable conceirge service.

I reached out to the bank manager of the my local branch. He's a good chap who replies to queries quickly. However, when I inquired about this White Reserve card as LTF, he politely informed me that he's only authorized to issue cards upto White and only if the same offer is visible on the website. When he checked the website offer on my behalf, the best I was getting was a Zen card.

I did follow the other user in TF community's guidance and sent a query with all my information to the Kotak Nodal officer. Their reply was the follows: "As per our checks white reserve credit card is only on offer basis due to which we are unable to assist for new application. Request you to kindly visit your branch or liaise up with your relationship manager to check for the same."
I did follow up with their mail that the RM is not aware on how to issue/ approve a White Reserve LTF card request. I did this twice since the assigned officer just copy pasted the same reply. Then I got this message: "We have forwarded your feedback to the respective branch. Post further update from the team we shall revert you."

So far, its been about a week and no reply. I did reason in the inital mail that I got the the Wealth/ Private Banking offer from the respective team (gave his email details aswell) as my immediate family are HNI customers but to no further avail.

Am I being too optimistic? I do already have a HDFC Diners Club Black (LTF) and an ICICI Amazon Pay with 5L credit each (mentioned this in the mail aswell incase of C2C). I just wanted to utilize my growing relationship with Kotak to the fullest by getting this card but the way I see it, its not going anywhere. Level3 of the Nodal officer team is the last resort.
Would appreciate some guidance.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

This is my first post ever. I've been an avid consumer of technofino community content for the past few months and I've finally created an account :) I've got a small challenge that the veterans here may be able to assist with.

I've been a member with Kotak for about 9 years (started since the INGVysya days). I have both a savings and securites account with Kotak (they are linked obv). I dont generally keep more than 50K in my savings account at any given time and my portfolio with Kotak Securities is about 15L+. Since I have a 10L+ NRV with the bank, I was recently upgraded to the Privy League Prima platform (Now called Neon).

Last year, I received a call from someone in the upper management of Kotak. It seems through the process of Family accounting, I would have been eligible for Kotak Wealth/Private Banking. But since my family didnt want to link our accounts together, we declined the offer.

I've been really interested in the Kotak White Reserve credit card because im pretty curious about the White pass membership. Also, the VISA Infinite platform helps :) - I would get access to a capable conceirge service.

I reached out to the bank manager of the my local branch. He's a good chap who replies to queries quickly. However, when I inquired about this White Reserve card as LTF, he politely informed me that he's only authorized to issue cards upto White and only if the same offer is visible on the website. When he checked the website offer on my behalf, the best I was getting was a Zen card.

I did follow the other user in TF community's guidance and sent a query with all my information to the Kotak Nodal officer. Their reply was the follows: "As per our checks white reserve credit card is only on offer basis due to which we are unable to assist for new application. Request you to kindly visit your branch or liaise up with your relationship manager to check for the same."
I did follow up with their mail that the RM is not aware on how to issue/ approve a White Reserve LTF card request. I did this twice since the assigned officer just copy pasted the same reply. Then I got this message: "We have forwarded your feedback to the respective branch. Post further update from the team we shall revert you."

So far, its been about a week and no reply. I did reason in the inital mail that I got the the Wealth/ Private Banking offer from the respective team (gave his email details aswell) as my immediate family are HNI customers but to no further avail.

Am I being too optimistic? I do already have a HDFC Diners Club Black (LTF) and an ICICI Amazon Pay with 5L credit each (mentioned this in the mail aswell incase of C2C). I just wanted to utilize my growing relationship with Kotak to the fullest by getting this card but the way I see it, its not going anywhere. Level3 of the Nodal officer team is the last resort.
Would appreciate some guidance.
Bro apply now. Seems Kotak had a change of heart. You can “apply now” for the card instead of being it being “invite only” !

Just apply for the card & negotiate with the application number. Just say you want a paid card & will put most of your spends through this card. After first year try to negotiate for LTF, when they devalue the card further, which I know Kotak will, coz they always do. I HOLD A PRIVY SIGNATURE CREDIT CARD FROM THEM, which apparently was “once” one of the most “exclusive” & “invite only” Kotak card. I had to actually wait for kotak to send me the “invite” to get my hands on it .. But that was once upon a time ! TODAY it’s all a distant memory.

So I had feeling that Kotak will make the White Reserve application available to all. Almost every bank DID the same with their super premium cards BUT AMERICAN EXPRESS ! That’s why AmEx was so special & exclusive, but it seems thee days AMEX is approving applications too WITHOUT an ITR, just took away exclusivity to certain extent from their cards too !

Nemesis

TF Premier
Bro apply now. Seems Kotak had a change of heart. You can “apply now” for the card instead of being it being “invite only” !

Just apply for the card & negotiate with the application number. Just say you want a paid card & will put most of your spends through this card. After first year try to negotiate for LTF, when they devalue the card further, which I know Kotak will, coz they always do. I HOLD A PRIVY SIGNATURE CREDIT CARD FROM THEM, which apparently was “once” one of the most “exclusive” & “invite only” Kotak card. I had to actually wait for kotak to send me the “invite” to get my hands on it .. But that was once upon a time ! TODAY it’s all a distant memory.

So I had feeling that Kotak will make the White Reserve application available to all. Almost every bank DID the same with their super premium cards BUT AMERICAN EXPRESS ! That’s why AmEx was so special & exclusive, but it seems thee days AMEX is approving applications too WITHOUT an ITR, just took away exclusivity to certain extent from their cards too !
Whats the criteria for paid?

gyan

TF Buzz
My account is "kotak privy league Black" as its my salary account, I have offer for LTF "kotak white reserve " credit card,
Will it be LTF if salary would not be credited and I am not the part of black program?

Shreyasrp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My account is "kotak privy league Black" as its my salary account, I have offer for LTF "kotak white reserve " credit card,
Will it be LTF if salary would not be credited and I am not the part of black program?
this is what the website says:-
In case, programme eligibility is not met or if customer is degraded from higher variant programme to lower variant, customer will not be given programme linked fee waiver and will be required to pay Joining/Annual fees