• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Royale Signature unboxing

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
How it started:

Kotak has one of the supreme collection of cards when it comes to most unrewarding and boring credit cards. I was holding Kotak Urbane CC just for the namesake and occasionally used it for shopping on Amazon and Flipkart when the 10% discounts offers used to run (another one is going on Flipkart these days). 1658651912403.jpeg

From the looks of it, this card just looks so old school and unenthusiastic that I barely used to use it on the POS machines. This card was relegated to a corner of my desk and been there for quite a while.

Since Kotak doesn't have any dedicated mobile app for credit cards, there users are confined to Kotak's banking mobile app to control any card related features. In Kotak's mobile app, credit cards is one of the most ignored section and I never got an offer from upgrade from their side within the mobile app. Though Kotak was gracious enough to offer the limit enhancements on a timely manner.

One fine day on last month, one Kotak executive from the local reached out to me and asked for the card upgrade, he offered Royal Signature as LTF where I was hell bent on Kotak White LTF (Unboxing for another thread), finally he relented and processed my application for Kotak White on one condition that I will also place the cancellation request for Kotak Urbane at the same time (according to him a customer can hold only one card which I found to be false later on). Since Kotak White was offered to me as LTF I gave in and went ahead with the cancellation of my Kotak Urbane.

Twist in the tale:
After placing the request for Kotak White successfully, I placed another request for the cancellation of my Kotak Urbane, in the due course of time received a call from Kotak customer care, I informed them that I applied for a Kotak White LTF and had no intention to keep Urbane. CC executive mentioned that I could apply for White and also keep Urbane at the same time, as there was no restriction on number of cards a person can hold from Kotak's side.

Since I was anyways not interested in Urbane I asked him to proceed with the cancellation, finally he made a compelling, he offered Royal Signature as LTF in lieu of Urbane and also promised that this upgrade would not have any impact on my Kotak White application.

Prospect of having a slightly premium card which looked better in comparison with pale Urbane that too as LTF made me give in and I provided my consent for Royale Signature. That's how this card at first sight began.

Unwrapping:
IMG_4452.jpg
IMG_4454.jpg

There is nothing extravagant here, the envelope looks quite similar to what is being offered by other banks you will not get wowed like AU LIT here.

Leaflets:
Few leaflets have been provided inside the envelope which describe reward points and milestone benefits.
IMG_4455.jpg
IMG_4460.jpg

The real thing: Now let's get straight to the card pictures.
IMG_4456.jpg
IMG_4503.JPG IMG_4505.JPG

Initial Impression: The card does look premium specially with the leatherette texture (one can actually feel the texture by rubbing the card) which continues on the leaflets provided on the card too, such attention to the details are usually hard to notice but those who have a knack for attention to the details would certainly appreciate such intricacies.

Charges: This card comes with different set of joining and annual fee modes, it comes with FYF and then an annual fee of 999, another option for general populace is to get this card with a joining fee of 1499 and 999 as annual fee. Also, it is LTF for Kotak Privy league Optima and Insignia customer. For more details on the changes please visit

Miltstone benefits:

Screenshot 2022-07-24 at 2.54.08 PM.png

Verdict:
As stated earlier, this card belongs to a stable which is known for their penny pinching hence don't expect much here, the only saving grace here are the occasional offers on Amazon and Flipkart and the payment gateway charges one can save while booking IRCTC tickets using the Kotak credit cards. I applied for this card as it was offered to me as LTF, had it been a card with annual or joining fee, I would have not touched it with a barge pole.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
How it started:

Kotak has one of the supreme collection of cards when it comes to most unrewarding and boring credit cards. I was holding Kotak Urbane CC just for the namesake and occasionally used it for shopping on Amazon and Flipkart when the 10% discounts offers used to run (another one is going on Flipkart these days). 1658651912403.jpeg

From the looks of it, this card just looks so old school and unenthusiastic that I barely used to use it on the POS machines. This card was relegated to a corner of my desk and been there for quite a while.

Since Kotak doesn't have any dedicated mobile app for credit cards, there users are confined to Kotak's banking mobile app to control any card related features. In Kotak's mobile app, credit cards is one of the most ignored section and I never got an offer from upgrade from their side within the mobile app. Though Kotak was gracious enough to offer the limit enhancements on a timely manner.

One fine day on last month, one Kotak executive from the local reached out to me and asked for the card upgrade, he offered Royal Signature as LTF where I was hell bent on Kotak White LTF (Unboxing for another thread), finally he relented and processed my application for Kotak White on one condition that I will also place the cancellation request for Kotak Urbane at the same time (according to him a customer can hold only one card which I found to be false later on). Since Kotak White was offered to me as LTF I gave in and went ahead with the cancellation of my Kotak Urbane.

Twist in the tale:
After placing the request for Kotak White successfully, I placed another request for the cancellation of my Kotak Urbane, in the due course of time received a call from Kotak customer care, I informed them that I applied for a Kotak White LTF and had no intention to keep Urbane. CC executive mentioned that I could apply for White and also keep Urbane at the same time, as there was no restriction on number of cards a person can hold from Kotak's side.

Since I was anyways not interested in Urbane I asked him to proceed with the cancellation, finally he made a compelling, he offered Royal Signature as LTF in lieu of Urbane and also promised that this upgrade would not have any impact on my Kotak White application.

Prospect of having a slightly premium card which looked better in comparison with pale Urbane that too as LTF made me give in and I provided my consent for Royale Signature. That's how this card at first sight began.

Unwrapping:
IMG_4452.jpg
IMG_4454.jpg

There is nothing extravagant here, the envelope looks quite similar to what is being offered by other banks you will not get wowed like AU LIT here.

Leaflets:
Few leaflets have been provided inside the envelope which describe reward points and milestone benefits.
IMG_4455.jpg
IMG_4460.jpg

The real thing: Now let's get straight to the card pictures.
IMG_4456.jpg
IMG_4503.JPG IMG_4505.JPG

Initial Impression: The card does look premium specially with the leatherette texture (one can actually feel the texture by rubbing the card) which continues on the leaflets provided on the card too, such attention to the details are usually hard to notice but those who have a knack for attention to the details would certainly appreciate such intricacies.

Charges: This card comes with different set of joining and annual fee modes, it comes with FYF and then an annual fee of 999, another option for general populace is to get this card with a joining fee of 1499 and 999 as annual fee. Also, it is LTF for Kotak Privy league Optima and Insignia customer. For more details on the changes please visit

Miltstone benefits:

Screenshot 2022-07-24 at 2.54.08 PM.png

Verdict:
As stated earlier, this card belongs to a stable which is known for their penny pinching hence don't expect much here, the only saving grace here are the occasional offers on Amazon and Flipkart and the payment gateway charges one can save while booking IRCTC tickets using the Kotak credit cards. I applied for this card as it was offered to me as LTF, had it been a card with annual or joining fee, I would have not touched it with a barge pole.
What is your account variant in Kotak bro❓