• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia Upgrade Offer - Should i reject?

nits123

TF Select
I received infinia upgrade offer FYF. Currently, i have Regalia GOLD LTF...My annual spend on this card is tad below 10 lac so that it is not reported in AIS even though income is much higher still i prefer to keep spend below 10 lakh. I requested HDFC to convert FYF to LTF but i doubt they will oblige...My RM is dumbo...Any other options i have to convert this offer to LTF or Should i let go this offer and wait for LTF offer in future.

I observed that if we reject PAID offer then HDFC do provide a LTF in future....I rejected PAID DCB metal and received Regalia GOLD LTF...Maybe i am wrong.

1.jpg

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can try to hold out on activating the card upto 29 days ,they might call you and give you ltf to make you activate the card ,I've read it on sone other threads ,can't confirm myself

Alternatively you can take the card and before next year fee hits you can connect to retention team and try your luck with them ,but this can be bit tricky

mj01

TF Select
My advice - take it. The benefits you get are huge and it's not worth waiting for another year hoping that it 'might' become LTF (think of opportunity cost in that one year). Even with spends of 5L, your RPs can easily be worth 50k+ if you use it right. In terms of annual fees, you pay 14.7k and get RPs worth 12.5k - net annual charges of just 2.2k!

hedgehog2122

TF Premier
I received infinia upgrade offer FYF. Currently, i have Regalia GOLD LTF...My annual spend on this card is tad below 10 lac so that it is not reported in AIS even though income is much higher still i prefer to keep spend below 10 lakh. I requested HDFC to convert FYF to LTF but i doubt they will oblige...My RM is dumbo...Any other options i have to convert this offer to LTF or Should i let go this offer and wait for LTF offer in future.

I observed that if we reject PAID offer then HDFC do provide a LTF in future....I rejected PAID DCB metal and received Regalia GOLD LTF...Maybe i am wrong.

1.jpg
I would have taken it at any given day, how much did you spent on regalia gold before getting this offer and how much time.

Last edited:

Vishals_Ind!

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You should take it. It will open path towards Infinia Reserve when launched. I personally don't bother about fee as it's compensated with points and currently it's best overall card.

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
It all depends on how much you spend and what you spend on. If you spend at least 5L a year and tend to do domestic/international airline/hotel bookings at least a couple of times a year or are into Apple products at near MRP then close your eyes and take it. You'll earn your annual fees of Rs 12.5k + GST back easily and save some more too. With spends nearing 10L, it is an absolute no brainer to get that card over your Regalia Gold LTF. If you spend that much on CCs you can definitely afford Rs 12.5k + GST. Avoiding falling into the trap of waiting/haggling/threatening/escalating for Infinia Metal LTF just because someone on TF managed to do that.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I've said it before and I'll say it again ,it's not that HDFC Super Premium Cards are not worth the fee ,because they very well are

Its that so many people are getting it LTF ,you feel bad about paying for it

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

1.jpg
Take it... Future is very unpredictable.. Use it.. then decide next year

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
Sorry for n00b question, but what is so special about Infinia? I checked the HDFC site and I don't see any special rewards? Again, I realize it is highly sought after, but maybe I am too dumb to see the value
It has a base reward rate of 3.33% (5 RPs on Rs 150) which goes upto 16.67% for gift cards (via SmartBuy + Gyftr) and 33.33% in some cases (hotels, Nykaa, Jockey via SmartBuy). The key here is that the rewards are in the form of points which are pretty useless if encashed for cash but offer a 1:1 ratio when redeeming for domestic/international flights/hotels via their SmartBuy portal. The points can also be redeemed at 1:1 ratio for Apple products (which will be at near MRP and not the same rates you see on Amazon/Flipkart). There are rich people perks like Mariott membership, 1 night free on 2 nights at ITC properties, offers at ITC for lunches and, of course, unlimited lounge access.

TL;DR - If you do not have to do domestic/international hotel bookings or flights at least once or twice a year then this is an entirely useless card for you. I know plenty of people who haven't left their hometown / city in a decade. That's not whom this card is for. You need to have a certain lifestyle to derive value from this card. This card is NOT meant to enable you to have a certain lifestyle.

techt

TF Legend
It has a base reward rate of 3.33% (5 RPs on Rs 150) which goes upto 16.67% for gift cards (via SmartBuy + Gyftr) and 33.33% in some cases (hotels, Nykaa, Jockey via SmartBuy). The key here is that the rewards are in the form of points which are pretty useless if encashed for cash but offer a 1:1 ratio when redeeming for domestic/international flights/hotels via their SmartBuy portal. The points can also be redeemed at 1:1 ratio for Apple products (which will be at near MRP and not the same rates you see on Amazon/Flipkart). There are rich people perks like Mariott membership, 1 night free on 2 nights at ITC properties, offers at ITC for lunches and, of course, unlimited lounge access.

TL;DR - If you do not have to do domestic/international hotel bookings or flights at least once or twice a year then this is an entirely useless card for you. I know plenty of people who haven't left their hometown / city in a decade. That's not whom this card is for. You need to have a certain lifestyle to derive value from this card. This card is NOT meant to enable you to have a certain lifestyle.
praying homer simpson GIF

Thanks for crystal clear explanation

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
You can try to hold out on activating the card upto 29 days ,they might call you and give you ltf to make you activate the card ,I've read it on sone other threads ,can't confirm myself

Alternatively you can take the card and before next year fee hits you can connect to retention team and try your luck with them ,but this can be bit tricky
That doesn't work with fyf card. Otherwise it would Been popular trick already specially with infinia.

Honestly is Lifestyle mein meri expertise nahi hai isliye I am out.