• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia and Magnus combo how to use

purush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I have Burgundy Magnus and got Infinia as well.

Can someone help me with which spend categories on which card to maximize my return using both of them.

Also, is it benefit to activate infinia or take another card for combo?
Wow this is the compound many people dreaming about. Will wait for other persons reply I don't have infinia card

Thangarajan D

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I have Burgundy Magnus and got Infinia as well.

Can someone help me with which spend categories on which card to maximize my return using both of them.

Also, is it benefit to activate infinia or take another card for combo?
I am using the infinia last four years. Earlier that is very good I got so much points through nps payments and hotel bookings. All the points i converted for tanishq coupons and hotel bookings.
Infinia is better for Bigbasket and other vouchers. You can get 5X reward points.

svs_23

TF Select
I primarily use Infinia for the SmartBuy purchases.
Burgundy Magnus when I expect the monthly spends to go well above 1.5L and also on TravelEdge for 5x rewards

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Gyftr and smartbuy for transactions upto cap.
Magnus burgundy for high ticket transactions.

Hotel booking upto 45k? Infinia (15k cap)
Flight booking upto 90k? Infinia? (15k cap)

Hotel + flight booking in same month? Hotel on infinia and flight + daily expenses on M4B. (Hotel will exhaust 15k limit).

Buying a car? M4B. Paying electricity bill? Amazon voucher from gyftr and use infinia and pay bill through that.

aashish2137

TF Select
I've the same combo as the OP. Infinia is my go-to card for lounge access. Absolutely fuss-free; have an add-on card for wife. Other than that, Infinia is only for smartbuy transactions.
M4B is LTF with Burgundy relationship, so no concerns about renewal fees. But I do use M4B as my daily driver card. All expenses go through M4B and 1 in 3 months it crosses 150k.

The other card I've is Amex plat travel. Spend exactly 4 lakh on that, no more. Use 8k points to pay renewal fee.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I've the same combo as the OP. Infinia is my go-to card for lounge access. Absolutely fuss-free; have an add-on card for wife. Other than that, Infinia is only for smartbuy transactions.
M4B is LTF with Burgundy relationship, so no concerns about renewal fees. But I do use M4B as my daily driver card. All expenses go through M4B and 1 in 3 months it crosses 150k.

The other card I've is Amex plat travel. Spend exactly 4 lakh on that, no more. Use 8k points to pay renewal fee.
How does that work? paying renewal fee (5k + gst) by 8k points? Do you get fee waiver?

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You need to keep swiping Magnus Burgundy at all offline shopping stores to get you a 4.8% returns on airmiles. Use Infinia only for Smartbuy and Gyftr. That too avoid Infinia for Amazon Pay vouchers, avoid giving 3% upfront, try to optimise Amazon Pay vouchers via Amex cards. I always check Gyftr of HDFC, Axis and Amex to see which platform is giving me maximum benefit at any point of time.

While holding Magnus Burgundy, do not forget to maximise your Burgundy debit card transactions. You can virtually pay for all credit cards using your Burgundy debit card and you will get 2 ERs for every Rs. 200 spent. Also, keep using Select LTF CC on BigBasket for 20% off and on Swiggy for 40% off. Those ERs are also transferable in 5:4 if you're holding Magnus Burgundy. That's the beauty of Magnus Burgundy right now, the entire Burgundy ecosystem is letting you transfer in 5:4 ratio.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I hold the debit card can you help me how I can use the burgundy debit card to pay for infinia and magnus spends primarily?
PayZapp allows all credit card bill payments using Burgundy DC. Cred also allows the same if CC bill is above 50k. There could be more apps, but I believe these 2 apps would be enough to clear all your credit card bill payments via the Burgundy debit card. In one day, maximum payment of Rs. 6 lakhs is possible via Burgundy DC.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You need to keep swiping Magnus Burgundy at all offline shopping stores to get you a 4.8% returns on airmiles. Use Infinia only for Smartbuy and Gyftr. That too avoid Infinia for Amazon Pay vouchers, avoid giving 3% upfront, try to optimise Amazon Pay vouchers via Amex cards. I always check Gyftr of HDFC, Axis and Amex to see which platform is giving me maximum benefit at any point of time.

While holding Magnus Burgundy, do not forget to maximise your Burgundy debit card transactions. You can virtually pay for all credit cards using your Burgundy debit card and you will get 2 ERs for every Rs. 200 spent. Also, keep using Select LTF CC on BigBasket for 20% off and on Swiggy for 40% off. Those ERs are also transferable in 5:4 if you're holding Magnus Burgundy. That's the beauty of Magnus Burgundy right now, the entire Burgundy ecosystem is letting you transfer in 5:4 ratio.
To add to this, Infinia is best used on Swiggy Dineout for 15% additional discount on dining, whereas Magnus Burgundy is best used on Eazy Diner for a 40% additional discount on dining. Of course BMS offers are there on Magnus Burgundy, good thing is that you get upto Rs. 500 off on the second ticket. Keep using Magnus Burgundy for these discount categories. You need to keep refilling your MB points bucket to keep transferring the ER bucket points, it's a never ending game, until of course Axis steps in to stop the game.

Thangarajan D

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

M4B meaning is?