Infinia Ugraded to Infinia

I just got upgraded to Infinia and I'm already holding Amex Plat Charge & Axis Atlas. I'm unsure how Infinia can be utilized. Use Amex for Marriott Transfer & Atlas for Airmiles (More & better redemption options than Infinia). As Marriott has been excluded from Infinia and Accor devalued, what's the best case usage?
Spends are approx 1 Cr+ per annum.

Yugi

Congratulations on your Infinia. Your best bet is to use it where Amex doesn't work. It has unlimited lounge access for both primary and addon card holders. You can use your reward points at Smartbuy. Also, you can use Smartbuy to buy giftcards which give a return of 16.67% RPs.

Also, please share your Infinia upgrade journey and also tell us if it is FYF or LTF.

Shoxie

Congratulations on your Infinia. Your best bet is to use it where Amex doesn't work. It has unlimited lounge access for both primary and addon card holders. You can use your reward points at Smartbuy. Also, you can use Smartbuy to buy giftcards which give a return of 16.67% RPs.

Also, please share your Infinia upgrade journey and also tell us if it is FYF or LTF.
Infinia upgrade journey!? Didn't you notice that his annual spends are 1cr Plus? His journey would just be calling branch manager and getting it delivered.

Thanks, I opened a savings account with them with 35K in October and got Millenia CC with 140K limit. Mailed Grievance Redressal for credit limit enhancement in December and it took 1 month of mails and the credit limit was bumped to 10L but didn't think much of it. In the meantime didn't even check the app and just last week the upgrade offer was visible in the app, so not sure whether I had the upgrade option available instantly. Infinia is neither FYF nor LTF.

Most of my spends are offline and in that case Atlas seems better with 4% minimum return and redemption options. Amex also provides unlimited lounge access for primary & add on card holder. Also use Amex for international spends & gyftr.

Yugi

Thanks, I opened a savings account with them with 35K in October and got Millenia CC with 140K limit. Mailed Grievance Redressal for credit limit enhancement in December and it took 1 month of mails and the credit limit was bumped to 10L but didn't think much of it. In the meantime didn't even check the app and just last week the upgrade offer was visible in the app, so not sure whether I had the upgrade option available instantly. Infinia is neither FYF nor LTF.

Most of my spends are offline and in that case Atlas seems better with 4% minimum return and redemption options. Amex also provides unlimited lounge access for primary & add on card holder. Also use Amex for international spends & gyftr.
Since you have already paid the joining fee, you see for 1 year and make a choice whether to continue it or not. Since you are into mile game, I think maybe Infinia is not that useful to you

Haven't paid the joining fee yet, my Amex will be up for renewal in April, will wait and see if they are offering good retention or will close the card and keep Plat Travel active meanwhile. In that case, will switch to infinia till I reapply for Plat Charge.

Firewing224

1cr + / pa? meaning 8.33L / month? Axis will mostly freeze your Atlas card for this kind of spends. Are you putting business spends on cc? IF they are genuine spends, maybe M4B might be useful for you. more value than Atlas's 4%

With spends over 1 crore, one can assume you have a fair amount of money. So why did you open the account with just 35k?
Secondly, why do you believe Atlas provides better redemption options? With Infinia, you can book any hotel or flight via Smartbuy which is much better than transferring points to one provider in Atlas.

With spends over 1 crore, one can assume you have a fair amount of money. So why did you open the account with just 35k?
Secondly, why do you believe Atlas provides better redemption options? With Infinia, you can book any hotel or flight via Smartbuy which is much better than transferring points to one provider in Atlas.
My banking relations are with ICICI & BoB, it doesn't make sense to change banking partners for a CC, and I was pretty sure I'd get Infinia on the basis of my ITR, 30K was MAB requirement, so what's the point of holding extra amount in savings?

Miles provide better redemption value for business class fares.

ccdc

i'm just curious...what do you spend 1cr on spl if most of your spends are offline....do you just go and buy a whole store or what?

ccdc

By your logic any Infinia card holder shouldn't be here either. What is the threshold of income in your view above which a person shouldn't be here?
it's not about threshold of income....someone spending 1 cr esp offline....has to have more than approx 1.5 cr of income...you reduce the taxes and all and after that you get roughly 1cr of income....and i'm assuming here that he spends everything he earns...if thats not the case...income should be atleast 1.5 to 2 cr per annum....what use a person has to be on this forum if he's earning 2 cr per annum....dil pe mat le yaar...

No hard feelings. I was just curious as to what level of income. So a person earning 1 crore plus shouldn't be here. What about 50 lakhs or 25 lakhs?

ccdc

No hard feelings. I was just curious as to what level of income. So a person earning 1 crore plus shouldn't be here. What about 50 lakhs or 25 lakhs?

as i said it's not abt income level...normally its observed that ppl with such high incomes tend to have better things to do rather than come here looking for ways to optimize spends....(when they have so much to spend in the first place)...but there are exceptions to many things on earth...maybe he's a bargain hunter spending on international brands but looking for ways to get 2-3% extra from a cc...i have asked him where he spends so much lets see if he answers....
Most of spends are for Flights (Through Travel Agent) & Hotels. I'm not a bargain hunter but what's the harm in getting something back for free for the things I was going to spend anyhow?
People with high incomes do have other things to do like making more money and somehow saving is also a form of earning.