• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia How to get HDFC Infinia LTF or other super premium CCs using ULIPs?

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Please share your experiences regarding this topic, those who have already got the super premium cards like Infinia.

What should be the minimum amount of ULIP and which way do we need to approach the bank?
Which other things do we need to keep in mind?

Please don't share trivial knowledge that ULIPs are bad and all.

drsel

TF Legend
Does this mail mean I'll get an upgrade to Infinia? Or still they'll check whether I'm eligible or not? I sent mail for an upgrade since my spends had crossed 10L in 3 months.
Except for buying vouchers of Amazon pay, Swiggy, etc on Smartbuy; Magnus Burgundy is better than Infinia in every way---

24% v/s 13.46% return on airtickets

9.6 or 14.4 or 24% return on Grabdeals, Gyftr v/s 16.66% return on Smartbuy vouchers.

4.80% v/s 3.33% return on all other online and offline below 1.5 lacs/calendar month

14% v/s 3.33% return above 1.5 lacs/calendar month.

1+1 movies x 5. v/s Nil
1+1 plays x 5 v/s Nil
1+1 live shows x 5 v/s Nil

45 to 55% double discount on EazyDiner v/s Nil

Unlimited International and domestic lounge access. Same for both.

8 guest lounge access. v/s add on card lounge access.

8 Airport meet and greet VIP service v/s Nil

Lifetime free vs 2250,
Need I go on???

Last edited:

yashwanthms

TF Buzz
Except for buying vouchers of Amazon pay, Swiggy, etc on Smartbuy; Magnus Burgundy is better than Infinia in every way---

24% return on airtickets
9.6 or 14.4 or 24% return on Grabdeals, Gyftr
4.8% return on all other online and offline below 1.5 lacs/calendar month
14% return above 1.5 lacs/calendar month
1+1 movies x 5
1+1 plays x 5
1+1 live shows x 5
45 to 55% double discount on EazyDiner
Unlimited International and domestic lounge access.
8 guest lounge access.
8 Airport meet and greet VIP service
Lifetime free.... need I go on???
Well, I don't have axis account and burgundy has high requirements which I may not be able to meet.

drsel

TF Legend
Well, I don't have axis account and burgundy has high requirements which I may not be able to meet.
Infinia needs at least 42 lacs income tax return anyway.

For Magnus burgundy you just need to open a Burgundy account and deposit 30 lacs in a fixed deposit.

Showing a Burgundy bank statement with 30 lacs fixed deposit will get you a visa of practically every country!

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Infinia needs at least 42 lacs income tax return anyway.

For Magnus burgundy you just need to open a Burgundy account and deposit 30 lacs in a fixed deposit.

Showing a Burgundy bank statement with 30 lacs fixed deposit will get you a visa of practically every country
And then give you a rollercoaster ride of lifetime stress, anxiety and horror dealing with the bank..... Best of luck

drsel

TF Legend
Please elaborate a bit.
You need to show adequate funds to support yourself when applying for a tourist visa.
6 months bank statement is usually required, showing at least 5 lacs and €100/$100 per day of stay abroad.
You also need to have good inflow and outflow of funds in your bank account to show stable income.

You also need to have a good travel history and having visas of USA UK Australia Shengen would be desirable.
You should also have strong family ties back home which would make you come back

Last edited:

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You need to show adequate funds to support yourself when applying for a tourist visa.
6 months bank statement is usually required, showing at least 5 lacs and €100/$100 per day stay
You are correct but that isn’t the only criteria and doesn’t guarantee it by itself. You would have to show a stable job or business and your age and previous travel history would also be factored in.

thedator

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
May be not now..
Come after 6 months to 1 year when they find it difficult to get the momentum going on.. they may consider it
Thanks.

This is the one area where I kind of fell into the cc geek influencers crap. All of them said bla bla too complex, not worth it, opportunity cost etc and then themselves ended up taking it.

Reminder to do my own research again!

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thanks.

This is the one area where I kind of fell into the cc geek influencers crap. All of them said bla bla too complex, not worth it, opportunity cost etc and then themselves ended up taking it.

See, it's all about whether you need it or not. Whether your spends warrant the card or not?
There are 1000's of people express their views from their POV and most importantly upto their level of understanding..

We need to keep things simple, unnecessary complex and deep calculations are not required.
A lot of people don't even know how to compare properly..

Some people are comparing , by taking our money banks are making so much money so we are wasting our money and blah blah.

We should only concern about our business.
Banks are not here to make us rich.. Banks obviously make money it's their business.

Don't overdo it ..just do enough calculations and most importantly what exactly you want from a CC and what is your spend pattern and which card suits you more and also non spend based benefits should also match your life style..

All the best

Last edited:

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Please share your experiences regarding this topic, those who have already got the super premium cards like Infinia.

What should be the minimum amount of ULIP and which way do we need to approach the bank?
Which other things do we need to keep in mind?

Please don't share trivial knowledge that ULIPs are bad and all.
any update on ur attempts?

drsel

TF Legend
Thanks.

The only area in which Infinia scores over Magnus Burgundy is in buying vouchers like Amazon shopping, Swiggy, etc.
(Amazon pay has a charge of 2.95%)

These 5x points give a return of 13.46% (not 16.66%) when used to buy air tickets on Smartbuy after considering that only 70% points can be used for buying air tickets. Hence 13.46% and not 16.66%.
(Transferring Infinia points to airline or hotel partners will give a lower return and using it buy vouchers will give you even less than that.)

Although one may argue that Magnus Burgundy gives 24% return when used to buy airtickets on Traveledge (ideally 1 person at a time) , so why even bother to buy air tickets on Smartbuy to get only 13.46% or even 16.66% return.

Last edited: