• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get super premium cards ltf as a student 1O1

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Greetings everyone! I've been receiving numerous direct messages regarding how I acquired almost all super-premium cards Lifetime Free (LTF) despite being a student. Allow me to elaborate on this achievement, attributing it to certain less-explored methods I experimented with. Additionally, coming from a well-off family may have played a role; it's not the sole factor but one of many. So, settle in and enjoy the journey.

The narrative begins at the age of 18. While I had bank accounts with government banks, their limitations on minor accounts hindered my usage. Upon turning 18, I approached my mom for 1L rupees to open an account with HDFC Bank, and she willingly agreed. With 1L in hand, I visited HDFC Bank to initiate the account-opening process. Informed about some classic account, I consented without much awareness, establishing my very first account with a private bank.

Excitement surrounded both their account and the accompanying debit card. Unaware that spending on a debit card triggers pre-approved offers of credit cards, I used it ostentatiously in front of my parents during shopping or dining out for 2 years. Suddenly, a pre-approved Regalia LTF offer surfaced. Contacting my Relationship Manager, who confirmed its LTF status, I applied and was granted a 3L limit, marking the initiation of my credit card journey.

Initially oblivious to reward points, I used the card, occasionally receiving Amazon Pay vouchers and utilizing reward points for more. Over time, my awareness of credit cards and their benefits grew. By then, I had acquired the Amazon Pay ICICI card and increased my Regalia limit to 6L.

Growing tired of the Regalia card, I set my sights on the Diners Black card. I sought to acquire it at any cost and, approaching my Branch Manager (BM), learned it could be obtained FYF. As a novice, I immediately consented, obtaining my Diners Black credit card and using it generously. However, after swiping lakhs in months, our family Chartered Accountant discovered this and advised me against it.

Subsequently, I joined the Technofino community. Enthralled by the variety of cards showcased, I started seeking more credit cards. Gradually, I acquired the IndusInd Legend LTF, Tata Neu LTF, and other basic cards. Although the Magnus card garnered much hype, as a student, I couldn't afford the 12k annual fees. One day, I approached Axis Bank, asking the agent to apply for my Magnus LTF. The agent facilitated it, as they have an option to do so and that's how I secured the Magnus LTF—no links, no bank accounts, just determination.

Later, growing weary of the Diners Black, I aspired to obtain the Infinia. Despite witnessing even affluent individuals struggle to acquire it, I persevered. I reached out to the HDFC MD desk through numerous emails until they finally approved my Infinia. However, there was a catch—I wasn't willing to spend 10L for fees waiver. I requested my BM to secure the fee waiver at 5L, leveraging his acquaintance with my dad and promising to shift our family accounts to his branch he did the needful and voila, I got my Infinia at 5L spends for fee waiver.

Throughout this journey, I amassed more cards, but my CA strictly warned against using them. Consequently, I'm contemplating downgrading my Infinia to a Millenia LTF card.

As of now, I have the following credit cards:

1. Infinia Metal 9.5L 5L/year (probably will get Millenia if not converted to LTF)
2. Axis Magnus 5L LTF
3. IndusInd Indulge 5L LTF
4. Tata Neu Infinity 9.5L LTF
5. Apay ICICI 6L LTF
6. ICICI Coral Rupay 6L LTF
7. SBI Simply Click 15k (paid)

Concluding this by thanking the ever jolly and helpful seniors of this fantastic community, who never hesitated to answer even the most basic questions and always did that with a smile on their face. I owe all my learnings to them.

I hope this provides clarity on my credit cards journey.

HONORARY MENTIONS
@4uziaul @anirban.choudhury @S S V @jack333

Edit- As asked by @S S V my credit age is 4.8 years and I spent 3-4 lakhs probably in 2 years from my hdfc debit card. I spent around 20L in 3 years on regalia. Spent 13L in 6 months on Diners Black.

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Greetings everyone! I've been receiving numerous direct messages regarding how I acquired almost all super-premium cards Lifetime Free (LTF) despite being a student. Allow me to elaborate on this achievement, attributing it to certain less-explored methods I experimented with. Additionally, coming from a well-off family may have played a role; it's not the sole factor but one of many. So, settle in and enjoy the journey.

The narrative begins at the age of 18. While I had bank accounts with government banks, their limitations on minor accounts hindered my usage. Upon turning 18, I approached my mom for 1L rupees to open an account with HDFC Bank, and she willingly agreed. With 1L in hand, I visited HDFC Bank to initiate the account-opening process. Informed about some classic account, I consented without much awareness, establishing my very first account with a private bank.

Excitement surrounded both their account and the accompanying debit card. Unaware that spending on a debit card triggers pre-approved offers of credit cards, I used it ostentatiously in front of my parents during shopping or dining out for 2 years. Suddenly, a pre-approved Regalia LTF offer surfaced. Contacting my Relationship Manager, who confirmed its LTF status, I applied and was granted a 3L limit, marking the initiation of my credit card journey.

Initially oblivious to reward points, I used the card, occasionally receiving Amazon Pay vouchers and utilizing reward points for more. Over time, my awareness of credit cards and their benefits grew. By then, I had acquired the Amazon Pay ICICI card and increased my Regalia limit to 6L.

Growing tired of the Regalia card, I set my sights on the Diners Black card. I sought to acquire it at any cost and, approaching my Branch Manager (BM), learned it could be obtained FYF. As a novice, I immediately consented, obtaining my Diners Black credit card and using it generously. However, after swiping lakhs in months, our family Chartered Accountant discovered this and advised me against it.

Subsequently, I joined the Technofino community. Enthralled by the variety of cards showcased, I started seeking more credit cards. Gradually, I acquired the IndusInd Legend LTF, Tata Neu LTF, and other basic cards. Although the Magnus card garnered much hype, as a student, I couldn't afford the 12k annual fees. One day, I approached Axis Bank, asking the agent to apply for my Magnus LTF. The agent facilitated it, as they have an option to do so and that's how I secured the Magnus LTF—no links, no bank accounts, just determination.

Later, growing weary of the Diners Black, I aspired to obtain the Infinia. Despite witnessing even affluent individuals struggle to acquire it, I persevered. I reached out to the HDFC MD desk through numerous emails until they finally approved my Infinia. However, there was a catch—I wasn't willing to spend 10L for fees waiver. I requested my BM to secure the fee waiver at 5L, leveraging his acquaintance with my dad and promising to shift our family accounts to his branch he did the needful and voila, I got my Infinia at 5L spends for fee waiver.

Throughout this journey, I amassed more cards, but my CA strictly warned against using them. Consequently, I'm contemplating downgrading my Infinia to a Millenia LTF card.

Last but not least, I wanted to indulge in a credit card lifetime free but wasn't willing to pay joining fees. A member @jack333 suggested that joining fees could be waived off with some high-level links. As a lecturer in SVPNPA, Hyderabad, many trainee IPS officers had a good relationship with me. I asked for their help, and they willingly agreed, initiating a call to the IndusInd Punjab head for my Legend card to be converted into Indulge lifetime free without any joining charges.

1. Infinia Metal 9.5L 5L/year (probably will get Millenia if not converted to LTF)
2. Axis Magnus 5L LTF
5. Apay ICICI 6L LTF

Concluding this by thanking the ever jolly and helpful seniors of this fantastic community, who never hesitated to answer even the most basic questions and always did that with a smile on their face. I owe all my learnings to them.

So , your Honour !! , you changed your Display Name.. your honour !! Need intimation about this your honour...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is this for real 😂😂

@S S V
Additionally, coming from a well-off family may have played a role;
I used it ostentatiously in front of my parents during shopping or dining out for 2 years.
However, after swiping lakhs in months,

@runzone .. Look at the above..

@Bugs Bunny .. Please mention the total spends on your HDFC cards and other cards and total no of years of journey..
Thanks

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
To sum up

Last but not least, I wanted to indulge in a credit card lifetime free but wasn't willing to pay joining fees. A member @jack333 suggested that joining fees could be waived off with some high-level links. As a lecturer in SVPNPA, Hyderabad, many trainee IPS officers had a good relationship with me. I asked for their help, and they willingly agreed, initiating a call to the IndusInd Punjab head for my Legend card to be converted into Indulge lifetime free without any joining charges.

2. Axis Magnus 5L LTF
5. Apay ICICI 6L LTF

HONORARY MENTIONS

2 year of classic account in hdfc paid u off . Directly with 3Lakh hdfc regalia..

Then behalf of your Amazon spending & good cc limit (6L ) on cibil u got even good Limit with icici ..

Then induslnd & magnus followed .

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As a lecturer in SVPNPA, Hyderabad, many trainee IPS officers had a good relationship with me. I asked for their help, and they willingly agreed, initiating a call to the IndusInd Punjab head
Similarly, He can get any card of his choice no matter the Income Criteria, I know many people who don't have Credit Score but getting Infinia approved in just a message or call as their first card.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

2. Axis Magnus 5L LTF
5. Apay ICICI 6L LTF

HONORARY MENTIONS

Edit- As asked by @S S V my credit age is 4.8 years and I spent 3-4 lakhs probably in 2 years from my hdfc debit card. I spent around 20L in 3 years on regalia. Spent 13L in 6 months on Diners Black.
First I thought, "ye story sunela lagta hai".

then saw your username change. "accha to ye baat hai".