• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia How to get HDFC Infinia LTF or other super premium CCs using ULIPs?

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Please share your experiences regarding this topic, those who have already got the super premium cards like Infinia.

What should be the minimum amount of ULIP and which way do we need to approach the bank?
Which other things do we need to keep in mind?

Please don't share trivial knowledge that ULIPs are bad and all.

drsel

TF Legend
35% how on cleartrip hotel?
I was thinking of Infinia only for booking flights and Amazon pay & Swiggy vouchers via smart buy.

But now I get 24% return on flights using Magnus Burgundy on Traveledge and unlimited Lounge access in India and all around the world. Also 45 to 55% double discount on EazyDiner, etc

That means for me, Infinia is only useful for buying vouchers for 13 to 16.66% return

Last edited:

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
25 to 35% discount with different credit cards like Kotak, AU, canBank, PNB etc.

I was thinking of Infinia only for booking flights and Amazon pay & Swiggy vouchers via smart buy.

But now I get 24% return on flights using Magnus Burgundy on Traveledge and unlimited Lounge access in India and all around the world. Also BOGO movies, plays and live shows; 45 to 55% double discount on EazyDiner, etc

I get 25 to 35% discount on hotels using different cards on Cleartrip.

That means for me, Infinia is only useful for buying vouchers for 13 to 16.66% return
i can see 25% on AU. 35% kis card me mil ra hai?

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Please calculate closing value with XIRR of 12% in index funds vs 7% of ULIPs for a 10 year investment
For 1 lac = Future Value: $1,675,075.07 7%
Future Value: $2,276,043.15 12%
Exactly correct. Even though this is very optimistic estimate you have considered. For infinia one needs to invest atleast 2L. I dont understand how some people justify this by saying they get to spend on infinia from beginning and get imperia account along with it.
Even now infinia is only best for gyftr/smartbuy spends. After some time it will be devalued as well.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
With HDFC, only paid Infinia is worth having.
The second best card Millennia is inferior to SBI cashback card and DCB and DCB black are not worth having because their charges cannot be recovered
Is Paid Infinia better than LTF Infinia? Does this work like Axis CC like Magnus and all?

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Please calculate closing value with XIRR of 12% in index funds vs 7% of ULIPs for a 10 year investment
For 1 lac = Future Value: $1,675,075.07 7%
Future Value: $2,276,043.15 12%
1) Obviously I won't be investing for such a long term.
2) ULIPs have Income Tax Benefits both at the time of investment as well as at the time of maturity.

And there are a few other factors as well which breaks a lot of myths running around ULIPs. You can go through this in the advantages of ULIPS.
Ofc if you have knowledge of investing, ULIPs are not the best way in a long run.

Nihhaar

TF Buzz
25 to 35% discount with different credit cards like Kotak, AU, canBank, PNB etc.

But now I get 24% return on flights using Magnus Burgundy on Traveledge and unlimited Lounge access in India and all around the world. Also BOGO movies, plays and live shows; 45 to 55% double discount on EazyDiner, etc

I get 25 to 35% discount on hotels using different cards on Cleartrip.

All good and fine until Magnus is downgraded, considering the Axis Bank track record.

Also in my opinion, Diners lounge access is better than Priority Pass internationally.

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wonder why people are behind super premium cards if they can't do the spends required for waiver or willing to pay annual fees !
Don't fall for the hype. Get a card only if it's useful.
i fully agree. Even though social media was flooded with orgasms when the DCB metal came, i've to date stuck with DCB LTF (plastic one) under the alumni offer. Diners acceptability is notoriously poor and to add to that so many exclusions, the way ppl go ga-ga over this (and to an extent Infinia) makes me wonder if people actually have done proper calculations to see how Magnus is way better (under Burgundy if you had upgraded last year) for the same spends. One just needs to be tolerant of the idiosyncrasies that accompany Axis now and then and not get worked up about it. In the longer run even after so many changes that Axis has got into the Magnus program, it by far remains the best card in India for earns and spends on miles with requisite lifestyle benefits. Infinia scores better probably in some lifestyle benefits but DCB definiteky doesn't. i follow only one line - Influencers / cc geeks ke dikhawe pe mat jao - apni akal lagao. Sorry to say this, but so many good guys i follow regularly on X, they abused Magnus during the changes, said they wont take Burgundy and eventually have come to take it now in the last couple of months. Can't stay without it, isn't it!! And many of them regularly abused it in the earlier avatar with all sorts of wrong tricks like card replacements to be eventually get their points debited (and hence the abuse in the first place when Axis took corrective actions!!)

For just lesser discounts / higher rewards for buying AZ and FK vouchers, definitely one should not vie for Infinia or DCB Metal. If one has DCB LTF one should just use it and try for Infinia whenever limit allows for it and assuming there is a use case along with other beneficial cards in the kitty.

yashwanthms

TF Buzz
Does this mail mean I'll get an upgrade to Infinia? Or still they'll check whether I'm eligible or not? I sent mail for an upgrade since my spends had crossed 10L in 3 months.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240215_195056_Gmail.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240215_195056_Gmail.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 73