• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia How to upgrade to Infinia without holding an HDFC account?

ankit_tf

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I am currently using DCB LTF with 10L limit (now shared with Tata Neu), and this card is about 5 yr old. Before that I held regalia and times card too. Even had salary and then classic account for few years but have closed it.

When I had classic account, about 4 yrs back, my RM told me it needs 4L salary credit, not just gross salary, which was insane as I think on the website it was mentioned to have about ITR of 30L+ which I already fulfilled. But then I didn't pursue the idea of inifinia further that time as that RM was not helpful too.

As far as my spendings are concerned they are not very high as I am holding so many cards. I think in last 6 months it must have been 2L spends (another 1L if I can add Tata Neu spends as well if it works like that)

Now, I don't have any active savings account, so just want to know what are the chances to upgrade it, that too LTF.

Last edited:

credit_debit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Send email to Grievance.Redressal@hdfcbank.com with your salary slip and ITR with upgrade request. The pace with which they are issuing infinia now a days, might help you to get one.. They may come back with a decision in week's time.

Alternative is to send the card upgrade request form to Chennai with docs and wait to hear from them.

Last edited:

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If your spends are above 8L in the past 6 months then that itself is enough to get infinia by mentioning that your spends are high and due to diner's acceptability issue u r facing issue with certain merchants.

wiizzard

TF Buzz
Infinia Metal LTF is not a real possibility for most.
But you can easily upgrade your diners to Infinia if your credit limit on diners > 8 lacs and last 6 months spends are > 7.5 lacs .
In that case just write to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com
and they will upgrade your card. Usually it will be first year free and if you are a heavy spender / will be using it as your primary card, then the annual fee waiver shouldn't be an issue anyway. Plus even if you pay the fee, you get equivalent points, so you only bear the GST out of pocket. Pretty much worth it for Infinia

aswin2cool

TF Buzz
I had my LTF DCB upgraded to Infinia metal FYF some time back. I had my spends crossing 7.5 lakhs in past 6 months and sent a mail to grievience redressal. I had a limit of only 5 lakhs in my DCB at that time as i have got the DCB LTF just 6 months prior through Alumni program.

I feel they just check the spends and if it meets the spends criteria they accept it straight away.

SmartSave

TF Premier
I feel they just check the spends and if it meets the spends criteria they accept it straight away.

This is not true, they check multiple params and spends is one of them. I met spend target twice and they denied despite RM telling me to spend.

I had to put up a fight for few months with RBI involved and a whole bunch of people in chain to finally give the card...lmao

DCB FYF to Infinia FYF.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had my LTF DCB upgraded to Infinia metal FYF some time back. I had my spends crossing 7.5 lakhs in past 6 months and sent a mail to grievience redressal. I had a limit of only 5 lakhs in my DCB at that time as i have got the DCB LTF just 6 months prior through Alumni program.

Did you get higher limit on infinia then dcb ?

aswin2cool

TF Buzz
This is not true, they check multiple params and spends is one of them. I met spend target twice and they denied despite RM telling me to spend.

I had to put up a fight for few months with RBI involved and a whole bunch of people in chain to finally give the card...lmao

DCB FYF to Infinia FYF.
As you said, it might be possible that they would have even checked my Income criteria along with spends !! This was my experience interacting with HDFC.

viveksingh1005

TF Select
VIP Lounge

DCB FYF to Infinia FYF.
what did u do ? can you elaborate in details the steps ,process and other modalities that you followed? will be helpful for the community