• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Ugraded to Infinia

I just got upgraded to Infinia and I'm already holding Amex Plat Charge & Axis Atlas. I'm unsure how Infinia can be utilized. Use Amex for Marriott Transfer & Atlas for Airmiles (More & better redemption options than Infinia). As Marriott has been excluded from Infinia and Accor devalued, what's the best case usage?
Spends are approx 1 Cr+ per annum.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They are genuine spends, and I don't trust Axis.
Look, tbh, If you're spending 8L / month. M4B makes more sense due to 5:4 reward redemption and accelerated reward points above 1L. However you'll always have to prove they are genuine spends.

Smartbuy tops out at 90k for airplane tickets (15k cap) or 45k for hotel booking (33% reward). over this, you'll always get 3.3% only. So do this transaction and shift to atlas / M4B.

Also, I'm available to be your travel desk for a fee :p my fees will be negligible compared to your spends. Infact, I'll just charge the RPs you earn 😅

ccdc

TF Ace
Most of spends are for Flights (Through Travel Agent) & Hotels. I'm not a bargain hunter but what's the harm in getting something back for free for the things I was going to spend anyhow?
People with high incomes do have other things to do like making more money and somehow saving is also a form of earning.
let me know which offline travel agent you spend with...coz most travel agents i know charge min 2% extra for cc payments....do you use amex or other cards while swiping with offline agent?

ccdc

TF Ace
Most of spends are for Flights (Through Travel Agent) & Hotels. I'm not a bargain hunter but what's the harm in getting something back for free for the things I was going to spend anyhow?
People with high incomes do have other things to do like making more money and somehow saving is also a form of earning.
agreed but saving few thousands is not high on list for ultra rich when compared making lakhs and crores....atleast it wont be for me...but as i said there are exceptions to many things...:/

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Would really like to know what you do for a living ,if you can divulge that info

Look, tbh, If you're spending 8L / month. M4B makes more sense due to 5:4 reward redemption and accelerated reward points above 1L. However you'll always have to prove they are genuine spends.

Smartbuy tops out at 90k for airplane tickets (15k cap) or 45k for hotel booking (33% reward). over this, you'll always get 3.3% only. So do this transaction and shift to atlas / M4B.

Also, I'm available to be your travel desk for a fee :p my fees will be negligible compared to your spends. Infact, I'll just charge the RPs you earn 😅
Magnus has become really complicated with various MCC codes being excluded, that's why switched to Atlas and Magnus has been devalued even more. I extensively used Magnus from June 2022 till last month but won't continue anymore.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Magnus has become really complicated with various MCC codes being excluded, that's why switched to Atlas and Magnus has been devalued even more. I extensively used Magnus from June 2022 till last month but won't continue anymore.
Use atlas, direct at flight portal. (No mmt etc) or use infinia rp against flights. DM me so I can understand exact routes / airline providers and can optimise everything.

ccdc

TF Ace
June 22 to Aug 23....how many ER did you collect (incl the bonus of 25k every month)...must be 50L to 60L min. with your type of spending...

June 22 to Aug 23....how many ER did you collect (incl the bonus of 25k every month)...must be 50L to 60L min. with your type of spending...
I collected approx 15L+ points. I wasn't aware about the miles & hotel transfer for few months and used some points for Myntra vouchers. It's only through forums like this I acquired knowledge about Miles/Points and started to better utilize them. After first devaluation used aaprox 700K for family vacation, parked 330K in Krisflyer & 300K in Bonvoy. Stopped using Magnus extensively after it's first devaluation, only used it for big purchases 2-3 times for accelerated rewards, have around 180K ER which will convert with 5:2 to Accor and close the card, though the annual fees will be waived off, it's meaningless to use now.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I collected approx 15L+ points. I wasn't aware about the miles & hotel transfer for few months and used some points for Myntra vouchers. It's only through forums like this I acquired knowledge about Miles/Points and started to better utilize them. After first devaluation used aaprox 700K for family vacation, parked 330K in Krisflyer & 300K in Bonvoy. Stopped using Magnus extensively after it's first devaluation, only used it for big purchases 2-3 times for accelerated rewards, have around 180K ER which will convert with 5:2 to Accor and close the card, though the annual fees will be waived off, it's meaningless to use now.
15L points omg

You need to spend 10L in the preceding year for the renewal fee waived off in Infinia and also apart from the 10x RP Infinia has a base RP of 3.3%. So, once your Axis atlas spends are met you can use it with 3.3% RP. So, if you spend 30L on this card you can get 1L RP. Apart from that the 10x RP is capped at 15k per month.