• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

INDIE , the IndusInd's SUPER APP - for existing SB A/C holders

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys and Gals,

Today I opened an INDIE account ... App version: 1.1.36

Background: Currently I have the following relationships with IndusInd.
1) Exclusive Bank Account
2) Legend CC
3) Pinnacle CC
4) Fixed Deposit

Process:

After giving, mobile no, OTP, PAN, Aadhar and OTP again.. the account was created instantly in a jiffy ... Extremely smooth ..
No profile detials are required, No VKYC required.. it is showing KYC status as Verified...
Funded 50K via UPI... got Megastar immediately and Virtual DC generated immediately and ordered Physical Visa Signature card for free..

Observations:

1) My Indie account number is : 18 XXXXX XXXXX = my mobile number with 18 prefix. IFSC Code : INDB0000004
2) My Exclusive bank Account no: 15 XXXXX XXXXX = my mobile number qith 15 prefix . IFSC + my local branch
3) All my existing credit cards ( Legend, Pinnacle) are shown in Indie, surprisingly, it is showing an extra Pinnacle MC World Contactless CC as another CC
4) All my Fixed Deposits are shown in Indie..
5) Showing INDIE virtual DC
6) MISSING: My Exclusive account Visa, MC and Platinum DCs are not shown in Indie yet.. Probably they slowly migrate them into Indie at a later stage...
7) A Link to open the legacy IndusInd mobile APp

With this, my suspicion is turning into reality...

I think moving forward INDIE will be the face of IndusInd's technology..
the current IndusInd mobile will be slowly phased out ...

More importantly, the current Select, Exclusive account holders.. no need to worry about your accounts...
They will be kept as it is.. They wont be replaced with INDIE account.. They will be there...

The objective:
So , in effect I will have the following, in an ideal case scenario:

1) 0 AMB Exclusive Account
2) 0 AMB Indie Megastar Account
3) 2L Indie FD
4) Legend CC LTF
5) Pinnacle CC LTF
6) 3 Exclusive DCs - Visa, Master and Platinum - LTF
7) Indie Visa Signature DC - LTF

That's the plan.. Lets see how it pans out...

FAQ - INDIE account & Tiers such as MegaStar

FAQ - INDIE Debit Card

A few screen shots...of INDIE App after account opening

1716461590835.jpeg 1716461531988.jpeg

1716461456504.jpeg 1716461491708.jpeg

1716461563909.jpeg 1716461512104.jpeg

Last edited:

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
I am also not able to apply cheque book in my indus delight account.
And I tried from branch too but still they can't able to apply, as they apply cheque book instantly request being rejected.
I have updated signature again by visiting home branch.
They are saying signature is not showing in our system that's maybe the reason for cheque book rejecting.
Looks like you also have similar problem like me. Their system shows that my signature is updated but still cheque req gets rejected. They said they sent mail to backend and my issue will be resolved in 2 days a month back. INDIE shows that my signature is not updated.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
FB_IMG_1716483857481.jpg
saw this on another fb forum/group

Can someone who got this kind of message call CC and ask what the F*ck they are talking about upgrade to Indie..
whether the customer lose current SB account or they get additional Indie account??

The more I look into it, I did the right thing by upgrading myslef, there by not giving chance to Indus,,,
Now I can have peace that I have both Exclusive and Indie account..

I still dont understand why the hell they need to upgrade without our consent..

I do however belived that they want to create a seperate Indie account and put our accounts under Indie platform...
Who knows what thee guys are smoking...

cleverpappu

TF Premier
I strongly recommend , first open a normal account first and then open Indie..

Not directly Indie..
as Indie is a digital SB account, it will have more attenion/ surveillance / restrictions..

But once you open a normal account get it operated and then you become a normal fully KYCed customer and after that Indie will just plug into your existing fully KYCed profile...
Easy..

All those complaints are mostly from direct Indie customers
Not always true. I was having fully kyced normal account and then opened indie account which was instant and without any kyc.
Still they freezed my indie account and unfreezed after 80 days that too mailing them continuously and RBI BO complaint.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Not always true. I was having fully kyced normal account and then opened indie account which was instant and without any kyc.
Still they freezed my indie account and unfreezed after 80 days that too mailing them continuously and RBI BO complaint.
Okay, lets see what happens to me...

Did they tell you why they freezed your account?
and how did you open your normal account in the first place?

Shin-Chan

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I had small concern regarding my normal account.
I sent 1 pno email bank called me 4 times to ask query twice and then 2 times confirmed it is solved then closed within 2 days of sending email.

p.s.: I hold normal simple Savings Account with IndusInd

cleverpappu

TF Premier
Okay, lets see what happens to me...

Did they tell you why they freezed your account?
and how did you open your normal account in the first place?
They freezed indie account due to suspicious transactions but none was the suspicious transaction.
I opened delite account through vKYC. but my delite account was working normally when my indie was in freeze status.

Ak Singh

TF Ace
They said they sent mail to backend and my issue will be resolved in 2 days a month back. INDIE shows that my signature is not updated.
So, still your problem not solved after a month?
I also visited my branch on monday they told me that they will mail to backend team and your signature will be update.
but it has been more than 3 days no solution.
that means despite sending mail to backend problem would not be solved?

I have doubt if I open indie account, would I face same signature problem in that also?
so no cheque for indie ac too?
should I wait for signature update then open indie account or open anyway?

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This is key here... you already started on weak note ..
So my suspicion was right...

The delite account itself is a digital account .. that is bound to get some serious attention ..
Yes, you are right. However, don't forget to inform everyone here if you ever face a similar issue. It usually happens in the first month of account opening.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes, you are right. However, don't forget to inform everyone here if you ever face a similar issue. It usually happens in the first month of account opening.
Certainly ... I am the most transperant person you would ever see in your life..
I can guarantee you that...

cleverpappu

TF Premier
This is key here... you already started on weak note ..
So my suspicion was right...

The delite account itself is a digital account .. that is bound to get some serious attention ..
Consider one more case:
My friend opened normal account in offline mode via branch three years back. He is getting salary in that account too. In August 2023 he opened indie account. Indie opened instantly without any kyc need. Indie account was working normally and he was earning good gems by paying cc bills. but in april 2024 end indie account was suddenly freezed. No transaction was done in last one month prior to freeze. Good thing was there were no balance in indie so he is not much bothered about freeze.

Reactions: SSV

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I opened indie acc after that I wanted to open indus exclusive acc that wasn't possible as I already have indie .
Indus ke brand wale
I opened Indie first. and now have applied for Grande account. I can see the account in Indie app itself.

Waiting for Welcome kit so that I can link my Grande account in Indus Mobile app.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Consider one more case:
My friend opened normal account in offline mode via branch three years back. He is getting salary in that account too. In August 2023 he opened indie account. Indie opened instantly without any kyc need. Indie account was working normally and he was earning good gems by paying cc bills. but in april 2024 end indie account was suddenly freezed. No transaction was done in last one month prior to freeze. Good thing was there were no balance in indie so he is not much bothered about freeze.
Okay this is a proper case which requires further investigation ...

BTW, I am not saying proper account first and dgital account next gurantees everything perfect in all cases..
I am only thinking logically why would things happen the way they are happening...

I hope people able to understand my point here..

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
btw @SSV why did you create a new thread for Indie?

We already have a long thread where we have discussed all in and outs of Indie since their very start.

I created a new thread for the recent experience for the " current existing holders" to give more clarity for those who wanted to know what happens in this specific scenario.. as mentioned in the title

Last edited:

cleverpappu

TF Premier
Okay this is a proper case which requires further investigation ...

BTW, I am not saying proper account first and dgital account next gurantees everything perfect in all cases..
I am only thinking logically why would things happen the way they are happening...

I hope people able to understand my point here..
You are thinking logically, We all are thinking logically. But the MF who has designed the indie freeze system algorithm don’t knows even “L” of logic.

• Haha

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
So, still your problem not solved after a month?
I also visited my branch on monday they told me that they will mail to backend team and your signature will be update.
but it has been more than 3 days no solution.
that means despite sending mail to backend problem would not be solved?

I have doubt if I open indie account, would I face same signature problem in that also?
so no cheque for indie ac too?
should I wait for signature update then open indie account or open anyway?
Yeah.. no signature in INDIE too.. its your choice to wait or open.. I have this prob since Dec 2023.. not just a month ago