• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Forcefull conversion of IndusInd Select to Indie account

Grogu

TF Premier
I see there is a fifth tab on Indie with Indus Mobile integration (as per the screenshots). So, all the accounts may get migrated to the app even if you're an existing Indie user. Credit cards section is already added. It's more like turning Indie into a super app.

dvader

TF Premier
I think someone smart and higher up at IndusInd now realized it's futile to maintain two similar products. All accounts below amd including select (in terms of MAB) will and should eventually be moved to Indie however if they are not careful (which they aren't), they are gonna shoot themselves in the foot.

1. Select should be auto moved to Indie Megastar. However Megastar terms should be updated to include the same surrogate as select. That way it would help both the bank in that they wouldn't have to support two products and customers because all that changes is account name (more or less).

2. 25000 Mab accounts should be mapped to Superstar

3. everytging else (delight/zero Mab etc) should be Star.

If they can keep the debit card features and price similer then it should be fine.

Exclusive/Grane/Pioneer/Solitaire won't be touched cuz those are bread and butter for branch banking.

Again this is logical analysis, when things travel in corporate, the first thing that gets killed is logic.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Then, my gut feel is:

As IndusInd’s current technology is unreliable and very old aged.. they don’t want to touch the current architecture because they are too scared of what would go wrong…

Instead, they wanted to create a brand new tech and once it stabilizes well, then slowly migrate all the old customers to the new platform...ie new tech architecture ... and slowly retire the legacy systems..

I think this is what going to happen.
How they treat their products is crucial one here..
I think they keep existing products as it is with may be minor modifications in order to allow the functioning in the new architecture

I see there is a fifth tab on Indie with Indus Mobile integration (as per the screenshots). So, all the accounts may get migrated to the app even if you're an existing Indie user. Credit cards section is already added. It's more like turning Indie into a super app.
so in future we will be able to open other account variants from INDIE itself?

when this indie was made it was clear msg to customer that indie would be a always separated product

normal IndusInd saving account would be separated

but now sudden integration without consent

its show IndusInd management lack consistency about their product

Check this out..
I opened an Indie account about an hour ago...
My Exclusive account was kept intact..
So now I have , an Indie account and my old Exclusive account.. both live... and are shown in Indie app..

Details here:

Last edited:

dvader

TF Premier
So Bhindie was a flop show. And these forceful conversions prove it. They just merge both products to mitigate burden. 😂
Yup, if indie was successful, they would have merged it on the grounds that product was a hit. If it failed they would merge eitherway on the grounds of reducing buden. However it turned out to be mediocre, I mean if you look at the picture, it wasn't bad and it wasn't great either. Just an average product with incremental improvements, a few good/new ideas like numberless DC, topt on DC etc.

That's how (I think) indie got a green light, it would have helped the bank eitherway. And if you look at it, they were a success compared to rest of indian banking in 2022-2024. Yeah a few people got their money stuck for a week, their customer support is 1860*** instead of Toll Free, their TAT is/was average to aweful for tickets but as far as I know no one had to use RBI bamboo for Indie (at least not for something that got attention). And during the process we got cashbacks, discount on movie tickets, a 260 page thread and some fun too. I would count it as a success considering indian banking as a whole.

BTW, I have three accounts with them, should have got select too just to see what happened.

Indie
Exclusive
Pioneer

Last edited:

krishc

TF Ace
Yup, if indie was successful, they would have merged it on the grounds that product was a hit. If it failed they would merge eitherway on the grounds of reducing buden. However it turned out to be mediocre, I mean if you look at the picture, it wasn't bad and it wasn't great either. Just an average product with incremental improvements, a few good/new ideas like numberless DC, topt on DC etc.

That's how (I think) indie got a green light, it would have helped the bank eitherway. And if you look at it, they were a success compared to rest of indian banking in 2022-2024. Yeah a few people got their money stuck for a week, their customer support is 1860*** instead of Toll Free, their TAT is/was average to aweful for tickets but as far as I know no one had to use RBI bamboo for Indie (at least not for something that got attention). And during the process we got cashbacks, discount on movie tickets, a 260 page thread and some fun too. I would count it as a success considering indian banking as a whole.
so gradually all IndusInd accounts will be migrated to new architecture.
wonder what'll happen to customer id of old/closed accounts (like mine where they created multiple ID and messed up the linking) !!

dvader

TF Premier
so gradually all IndusInd accounts will be migrated to new architecture.
wonder what'll happen to customer id of old/closed accounts (like mine where they created multiple ID and messed up the linking) !!
Well technically it's not a new architecture, the backend in terms of account management itself has to be same for all customers, there is no way indusind can spin up a new one, because of compliance, disclosure etc. They can have a seperate support team, separate branches, seperate staff, separate app for few account types but backend technology has to be same as per compliance. Indie app just hooks into backend APIs to give you better experience.

For eg if you were an existing customer of Indusind like I was, indie would get your existing Customer ID and kyc details and open account right away.

Now your customer id got messed up because indusind bank has few pitfalls in the process. If your situation/ use case deviates from their normal process, you are basically f-#&$ed.

Find a branch near you, give them a considerable IP cheque and tell them to open an offline account. You would get your new working account in 15-20 days.

Ak Singh

TF Ace
Check this out..
I opened an Indie account about an hour ago...
My Exclusive account was kept intact..
So now I have , an Indie account and my old Exclusive account.. both live... and are shown in Indie app
Did you done kyc again or just opened without kyc?
I have indus delight so if I opens BHINDIE, Would I have to do kyc again.

krishc

TF Ace
In past, I had closed my IndusInd account and CC as they'd messed up the customer ID linking.

Seeing these posts, I tried to checkout Indie and getting this message

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240523-172243.png
    Screenshot_20240523-172243.png
    30 KB · Views: 17

cleverpappu

TF Premier
Since indie is going to put capping 2500 gems/month on gems earnings from june 1st. Will it make indie to remove capping on gems redemption? which is currently capped at 2500 gems/month. As earning capping is equal to redemption capping.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have just a legend CC with IndusInd.. will I be required to do VKYC for opening indie account?
First open a proper noraml account ( preferably "select" ) and then Indie..
DOnt go for Indie staight away...
I already mentioned this a few times in this thread..