• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is Indusind indie account useful?

sanjaynandi

TF Select
I have posted here, earlier about my requirement.
I have a HDFC salary account with Milennia DC. I also have HDFC DCB card. But no 0 forex.
Tried applying for Niyo. But my passport was issued when I lived there, so they rejected it.
Recently read about Indusind Indie bank.
I am looking for a debit card with 0 forex. Low markup.
visa/mastercard platform.
low fee, preferrably zero balance, or low balance.
Not looking for lounge access or cashbacks.
Not looking for 100k maintenance account.

so, Is Indie account fit my requirement?
Has anyone used Indi debit card in foreign country ATMs?
Does it work fine?

don123

TF Buzz
I have the account and being vey frank, i dont use it much. Started it with and initial loading of 50K and they gave me a megastar level (top level) with visa signature card. Its 0 mab, 0 debitcard charge and has virtul temporary card that can be created for once off transactions (but doesnt work for transactions that need recurring payemnt like amazon prime or netflix etc). The app is very laggy, needs a lot of refinement. But the acocunt works the way it's supposed to. You get a top tier status with just the initial loading and all the rest of it comes free. So no harm in having it.
does the physical card card also comes free with mega(top level ) account?

don123

TF Buzz
I have the account and being vey frank, i dont use it much. Started it with and initial loading of 50K and they gave me a megastar level (top level) with visa signature card. Its 0 mab, 0 debitcard charge and has virtul temporary card that can be created for once off transactions (but doesnt work for transactions that need recurring payemnt like amazon prime or netflix etc). The app is very laggy, needs a lot of refinement. But the acocunt works the way it's supposed to. You get a top tier status with just the initial loading and all the rest of it comes free. So no harm in having it.
Bro, how did you loaded that, 50k amount?Because during the account opening i haven't added any balance in my account and opened it without any initil funding.
Till now, i haven't funded in it, even not started using it.
How should i use to fund to make it megastar? like neft, upi or imps? i have the account number of it.

Ak Singh

TF Premier
Bro, how did you loaded that, 50k amount?Because during the account opening i haven't added any balance in my account and opened it without any initil funding.
Till now, i haven't funded in it, even not started using it.
How should i use to fund to make it megastar? like neft, upi or imps? i have the account number of it.
you can fund by any method whether upi or neft/Imps.

don123

TF Buzz
you have to maintain 50k MAB otherwise they will deduct annual fee of debit card almost 500rs for physical dc.
It means that, in megastar visa signature card is provided and in that only virtual card is free of cost. For the physics card I have to pay 500 or I have to maintain amb to get the physical card free.
Is I am correct?

don123

TF Buzz
you have to maintain 50k MAB otherwise they will deduct annual fee of debit card almost 500rs for physical dc.
Did you activate the net banking? Since in doing the first time registration in net banking it is asking for debit card pin but in physical debit card only I can get ATM pin not virtual debit card in kotak mobile apps

telescope

TF Ace
It means that, in megastar visa signature card is provided and in that only virtual card is free of cost. For the physics card I have to pay 500 or I have to maintain amb to get the physical card free.
Is I am correct?
no. physical dc also free. no need to maintain balance, once in a quarter, transfer 50k in one transaction and you'll be fine.

and indie didn't downgrade anybody yet despite not maintaining balance.

Ak Singh

TF Premier
no. physical dc also free. no need to maintain balance, once in a quarter, transfer 50k in one transaction and you'll be fine.

and indie didn't downgrade anybody yet despite not maintaining balance.
Read it properly, you have to maintain 50k quarterly balance.

Attachments

• IMG-20240410-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240410-WA0000.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20240410-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240410-WA0001.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 21

its_karan

TF Ace

ARCHISMAN_DAS

TF Select
So peoples are getting downgraded from megastar for not maintaining the 50k balance..? Is that the correct information? I was thinking of opening the account..but if they need balance maintenance then it would be better if I go with another options..

varun__goel_

TF Legend
So peoples are getting downgraded from megastar for not maintaining the 50k balance..? Is that the correct information? I was thinking of opening the account..but if they need balance maintenance then it would be better if I go with another options..
Yes they are downgrading

Better go for AU Digital Account if you want physical DC.

Kotak 811 if virtual dc is good enough

Navneeth09

TF Buzz
Need suggestions:
Mine was also downgraded to superstar. Should I remain and become a star category user or close the account completely?
I wanted to know the indusind bank experience while opening Indie, but cannot even use their WhatsApp banking.
Is it worth being an indusind customer (online/app services, reliable cash transfers) by migrating from indie to normal account?