• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is Indusind indie account useful?

sanjaynandi

TF Select
I have posted here, earlier about my requirement.
I have a HDFC salary account with Milennia DC. I also have HDFC DCB card. But no 0 forex.
Tried applying for Niyo. But my passport was issued when I lived there, so they rejected it.
Recently read about Indusind Indie bank.
I am looking for a debit card with 0 forex. Low markup.
visa/mastercard platform.
low fee, preferrably zero balance, or low balance.
Not looking for lounge access or cashbacks.
Not looking for 100k maintenance account.

so, Is Indie account fit my requirement?
Has anyone used Indi debit card in foreign country ATMs?
Does it work fine?

KingAAR

TF Ace
I have a HDFC salary account with Milennia DC. I also have HDFC DCB card. But no 0 forex.
Tried applying for Niyo. But my passport was issued when I lived there, so they rejected it.

Does it work fine?
as far as I read through the thread , ppl say it works fine. becoz its new customer care can fix it

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Does it work fine?
I have the account and being vey frank, i dont use it much. Started it with and initial loading of 50K and they gave me a megastar level (top level) with visa signature card. Its 0 mab, 0 debitcard charge and has virtul temporary card that can be created for once off transactions (but doesnt work for transactions that need recurring payemnt like amazon prime or netflix etc). The app is very laggy, needs a lot of refinement. But the acocunt works the way it's supposed to. You get a top tier status with just the initial loading and all the rest of it comes free. So no harm in having it.

sanjaynandi

TF Select
I have the account and being vey frank, i dont use it much. Started it with and initial loading of 50K and they gave me a megastar level (top level) with visa signature card. Its 0 mab, 0 debitcard charge and has virtul temporary card that can be created for once off transactions (but doesnt work for transactions that need recurring payemnt like amazon prime or netflix etc). The app is very laggy, needs a lot of refinement. But the acocunt works the way it's supposed to. You get a top tier status with just the initial loading and all the rest of it comes free. So no harm in having it.
if u withdraw 50k? will megastar remain same ?

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1 more thing, this account can be accessed by the Indie app and not the normal IndusInd app. However if you have a normal IndusInd account, then this account also shows up there. Have you looked at Jupiter, Fi as zero balance accounts? Fi is the better of the two I think. I have them as well.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If your main req is a 0 forex debit card, you have RBL signature plus debit card as well that works very well abroad. I personally used it in Ireland, UK, Singapore and Malaysia this year. Worked in the ATMs of those countries as well. But for ATM withdrawals, you'll have a charge from the bank of that ATM machine, normally approx 300 INR per withdrawal.

sanjaynandi

TF Select
If your main req is a 0 forex debit card, you have RBL signature plus debit card as well that works very well abroad. I personally used it in Ireland, UK, Singapore and Malaysia this year. Worked in the ATMs of those countries as well. But for ATM withdrawals, you'll have a charge from the bank of that ATM machine, normally approx 300 INR per withdrawal.
is it a zero balance account? and zero annual fee for debit card?

KingAAR

TF Ace
if you have rbl signature+ please msg me I have few doubts

Karthi52

TF Buzz
bro, beware
Mark-up @3.5% plus government levies as applicable will be levied on all International ATM Cash withdrawals on RBL Bank Debit Cards.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
is only 1 transaction considered?
should i take this card now as it has become old?
is the reward given on the basis of calendar month?
Nope. Cumulatively for a month hit the 10,000 spends and you will be eligible for the 1000 gift voucher. Its not that old card tho. Still relevant to this date as they have not devalued the card or anything. Its still a premium dc from rbl.
Yes spends for the gv is calculated calendar month.

sanjaynandi

TF Select
I recently (Aug 2023) withdrew 1k MYR from malaysia (inr 18,958) and i only got charged around 147 as withdrawal fee.
147 withdrawal fee, is it becasue u used it outside india? was there forex charge? also, what is the conversion rate they used in that witdrawal. is it similar to google. ?

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
147 withdrawal fee, is it becasue u used it outside india? was there forex charge? also, what is the conversion rate they used in that witdrawal. is it similar to google. ?
147 is the withdrawal fee of that atm i ised (which is some malaysian bank). The exchange rate is as shown on visa website (which is similar to what google shows). No other charges