• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Idfc select to wealth card.

Around 2 years, I got a message from idfc bank that I am preapproved for idfc select card with 2.1 lakh limit. I applied for it. In the meantime, I several cards were upgraded from regalia to infinia metal, magnus, emaralde and several others. In Jan this year I called idfc bank for limit increase with intention to upgrade to wealth card. I was told there is no such offer. I closed the card and applied again. I was offered secured wow idfc card (lol). Even after stating my super premium credit cards and charge cards. With limits upwards of 8L. On 21st July I got a message from idfc that I am eligible for wealth card with 5L limit. I applied and immediately my application was rejected in 2 seconds. Then 5 days later I received a message from them that my card is approved and dispatched.
This is just for the information for anyone required.
In the meantime in April this year, I did received a message from them to offer 10k balance saving account as zero balance account. Which I opened. I maintained 2k balance in the account. Then on 12th July I did open 2 Rd of 5k each for a year.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Around 2 years, I got a message from idfc bank that I am preapproved for idfc select card with 2.1 lakh limit. I applied for it. In the meantime, I several cards were upgraded from regalia to infinia metal, magnus, emaralde and several others. In Jan this year I called idfc bank for limit increase with intention to upgrade to wealth card. I was told there is no such offer. I closed the card and applied again. I was offered secured wow idfc card (lol). Even after stating my super premium credit cards and charge cards. With limits upwards of 8L. On 21st July I got a message from idfc that I am eligible for wealth card with 5L limit. I applied and immediately my application was rejected in 2 seconds. Then 5 days later I received a message from them that my card is approved and dispatched.
This is just for the information for anyone required.
In the meantime in April this year, I did received a message from them to offer 10k balance saving account as zero balance account. Which I opened. I maintained 2k balance in the account. Then on 12th July I did open 2 Rd of 5k each for a year.
Yeah it quite easy to upgrade from select to wealth, obviously individual must hold a premium card or higher with good limit of 5 lakhs plus. They are numerous thread on these already.

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeah it quite easy to upgrade from select to wealth, obviously individual must hold a premium card or higher with good limit of 5 lakhs plus. They are numerous thread on these already.
It's not easy.. it's easy when you apply new.. upgrade is difficult.. i tried twice with salary slips, credit card statement, good balance in IDFC but rejected both times.. cibil of 790+

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
It's not easy.. it's easy when you apply new.. upgrade is difficult.. i tried twice with salary slips, credit card statement, good balance in IDFC but rejected both times.. cibil of 790+
Yeah cancel the card through the app and apply within new hours of cancelling existing card. Enter new number and then proceed ahead with salary of 3 lakhs then see the magic. This work cause you do have premium card in your cc portfolio.

bitsst

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Absolutely correct. I had to close my select card, and reapply using alternate mobile number and I got Wealth Card. In spite of several requests they refused to upgrade.

ross999

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yeah cancel the card through the app and apply within new hours of cancelling existing card. Enter new number and then proceed ahead with salary of 3 lakhs then see the magic. This work cause you do have premium card in your cc portfolio.

I had closed my Select card yesterday. I thought to apply today through their online portal: https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/credit-card/ntb-diy/apply?utm_source=website

But as soon as I entered my Name, Mobile number and OTP. It showed the below message

Sorry we can't proceed​

We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later.

MOhit __

TF Ace
Contributor

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

ross999

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So, I tried using a new number and the application proceeded.

Even after putting the salary of 4L and ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card limit of 6.6L. It gave me SELECT variant.

What a disappointment :(
@vaibhav111 any other way?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
So, I tried using a new number and the application proceeded.

Even after putting the salary of 4L and ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card limit of 6.6L. It gave me SELECT variant.

What a disappointment :(
@vaibhav111 any other way?
Oh.. how old is your sapphiro card? Cause I enter 3 lakhs and it gave me 10 lakhs limit on wealth without asking to enter any CC for reference.

ross999

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Oh.. how old is your sapphiro card? Cause I enter 3 lakhs and it gave me 10 lakhs limit on wealth without asking to enter any CC for reference.

Sapphiro is 3 years old.
Have Magnus too but it is 4 months old.
Interestingly, the SELECT variant offered had a limit of 2L compared to my earlier limit of 4.6L on SELECT.

Should I wait for a couple of months and re-apply?

ross999

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What's the card with the highest limit you have in your cibil and how old?
I have ICICI Sapphiro and Amazon Pay at 6.6L

Magnus is the newest with 5.5L

Amex MRCC is the oldest card (2.3L)

Other cards - SBI Vistara (5.5L), Axis Airtel (2.25L)

CIBIL score I haven't checked - it's paid right? Any other way to check it?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I have ICICI Sapphiro and Amazon Pay at 6.6L

Magnus is the newest with 5.5L

Amex MRCC is the oldest card (2.3L)

Other cards - SBI Vistara (5.5L), Axis Airtel (2.25L)

CIBIL score I haven't checked - it's paid right? Any other way to check it?
tons of free i recommend using https://homeloans.sbi/getcibil
cause it PDF where i manually check for any address or name issue, if not required or already have used then onescore/gpay/cred too many application/website and thread on this subject is available too on our community.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Sapphiro is 3 years old.
Interestingly, the SELECT variant offered had a limit of 2L compared to my earlier limit of 4.6L on SELECT.

yes would recommend to apply after 3 month.. with income of 4 lakhs you should have got wealth without any issue, i guess it got something to do with income too(ITR), earlier limit was 4.6 lakhs now it 2 lakhs is give to you so would suggest not to apply now and use other cards cause you hardly would miss select and apply after 3 months if needed.

ross999

TF Select
VIP Lounge
yes would recommend to apply after 3 month.. with income of 4 lakhs you should have got wealth without any issue, i guess it got something to do with income too(ITR), earlier limit was 4.6 lakhs now it 2 lakhs is give to you so would suggest not to apply now and use other cards cause you hardly would miss select and apply after 3 months if needed.

Thank you @vaibhav111
I got the CIBIL score report. My score is 762.

Looks like the score is not too high. I will try after a couple of months again, when I switch to a new role.
In any case, I just tried a gamble to upgrade it to Wealth credit card by closing Select. Hard luck :)
This is my 2nd reject in the past 1 month. Haha!

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Sapphiro is 3 years old.

Should have continued with the old card if the limit was 4.6 Lakhs as IDFC would have enhanced your limit in the next enhancement cycle. They issue/upgrade to Wealth CC on 5Lakh credit limit.

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
They gave me just 5lacs limit on 2l/month . I thought they matched your highest card in CIBIL as they don't take any income proof for verification. If they give limit just by salary input and doesn't require any document to verify that , anyone would enter any arbitrary higher value just to get pretty higher limits !!

Am I missing something here ??

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
They gave me just 5lacs limit on 2l/month . I thought they matched your highest card in CIBIL as they don't take any income proof for verification. If they give limit just by salary input and doesn't require any document to verify that , anyone would enter any arbitrary higher value just to get pretty higher limits !!

Am I missing something here ??
ok at that time, my highest limit was and still is on hdfc and card variant infinia and that tha time hdfc was famous for not disclosing credit limit on cibil. so I'm not sure how did idfc alog work plus i had select (2lakhs limit ) for14 month or so and hence i cancelled and managed to get wealth with alternate number strategy