• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Family Banking

xiddy

TF Premier
How do I add my mothers' account to mine under family banking? I contacted her branch but they are trying to get me to open a brand new wealth account for her instead of linking her existing account to my Wealth account :cautious:

For linking a bank account under family banking to a wealth management account do we need to maintain a certain amount before the bank can process the request?
Is there a criteria for family banking?
My RM was scolding me for not maintaining funds in a wealth management account, I was so pissed i almost thrashed him but i controlled myself
I visited the branch, the RM was visibly pissed.
He was pursuing me to maintain funds in my wealth account and I said isn't it a zero balance ac. He said yes it is but you're getting so many facilities, a designated RM and all other services for free you can't keep zero balance. I was furious by this time I said, so close my account then and state the reason that customer can't maintain funds. He took his laptop to scare me but I said just write the reason and show me. He then tried to fool me by talking random things. I eventually said see I I know you have targets but you can't force someone to keep funds and increase your business. So I'll keep some funds whenever possible for now just process the family banking request. He agreed but he was still pissed off 😝

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I visited the branch, the RM was visibly pissed.
He was pursuing me to maintain funds in my wealth account and I said isn't it a zero balance ac. He said yes it is but you're getting so many facilities, a designated RM and all other services for free you can't keep zero balance. I was furious by this time I said, so close my account then and state the reason that customer can't maintain funds. He took his laptop to scare me but I said just write the reason and show me. He then tried to fool me by talking random things. I eventually said see I I know you have targets but you can't force someone to keep funds and increase your business. So I'll keep some funds whenever possible for now just process the family banking request. He agreed but he was still pissed off 😝
Good tackle...

mrbanker

TF Select
A few years back I had seen the option for family banking in the netbanking requests tab. Had successfully linked my account from that option. Don't know if it still works today.

A strategy which works best when you anticipate your request will face a lot of hurdles created by bank employees is to not talk to them verbally at all. Only use email communications where they would think twice before lying or giving misinformation.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Same Issue with me !!
Family Banking SR raised on 10th August, still not completed.

I complained ICICI Customer Care that my RM is useless she doesn't do any work, next day got a call from BM saying have you said this thing.
I frankly told YES I HAVE TOLD IT, YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES ? He told no sir she sits on cash counter so she's always busy and doesn't answers customers call- I requested then change my useless RM. He kept quiet and changed the topic to family banking that just give me 2-3 days Will get it done
But today was 3rd day no response still

EINSTEIN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got all my family members account upgraded to wealth. Now my rm is asking why do I want to apply for family banking as all the accounts are already zero balance. What do you guys say? Is there any additional benefit for wealth account holders to go for family banking?