• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Family Banking

xiddy

TF Premier
How do I add my mothers' account to mine under family banking? I contacted her branch but they are trying to get me to open a brand new wealth account for her instead of linking her existing account to my Wealth account :cautious:

Akashn

TF Ace
By the way my sister's account now shows 0 MAB.
Earlier it was 10K MAB- may be a sign that grouping has been done but don't know when the black theme will be visible
My sister's account is salary account so i can't tell that in my case 😂

I raised another request from netbanking and it got created with another SR.. She even received an email with welcome to family banking title (When i raised request from Netbanking. No email when i did it from iMobile App)

Wakanda nonsense is this icici 😮‍💨

pprakash11

TF Prestige
@pprakash11 @Akashn any of you got your family member account in same branch? Just want to know from someone who actually experienced linking ICICI bank accounts under Family banking but those accounts are in difference branches.
Different branches.

@paresh22 @Akashn
Update: My sister's Net Banking showing Black Theme- ICICI Wealth Management now !!

Her branch and my branch is almost diagonally located in same city!!

Her app theme also changed now to black😍

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Thats great. I think i need to take offline way like you..

@pprakash11 Any other visible changes on your main account? And when did you request for linking?

No major changes. Not even that account (sister's) is visible in my imobile. But BM confirmed that it's linked.

I applied through iMobile app on 10th August and it took 15 days to get processed and then one more week to finally get the black theme on sister's account

Akashn

TF Ace
No major changes. Not even that account (sister's) is visible in my imobile. But BM confirmed that it's linked.

I applied through iMobile app on 10th August and it took 15 days to get processed and then one more week to finally get the black theme on sister's account
Okay so mine was requested on 15 August and request got closed on 30 August. I will wait another week. Thanks for your input bro 🤝

TheGambler

TF Select
AFAIK, summary:
Request for family banking through imobile or netbanking adds family member under single combined MAB requirement and upgrades all accounts to the status of primary holder in family. But it does not show family accounts to the primary account holder's netbanking/app.
The account grouping/family banking form filled through the branch has one more page of POA, which gives transaction rights to the primary holder, so basically, all the linked accounts can be seen in primary holder's netbanking/app. secondary holders' netbanking/app runs as it is.
World debit card are issued on new wealth accounts only. For upgraded account, wealth platinum visa debit card is issued, same benefits as world master debit card, afaik.
I had the One Savings salary account, opened a new account for my wife in wealth savings through the branch and applied for grouping through the branch. Now I am the primary holder, the theme changed to yellow, I can see my wife's accounts (saving/fd and all) on my netbanking and can transact as well (OTP goes to her cell), and I think I have a private family banking account (if someone can suggest where can we see the segment of savings account/ family banking account, it'd be great. Customer care is zero help in this.)
Please correct if anything is wrong/missing.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
AFAIK, summary:
Request for family banking through imobile or netbanking adds family member under single combined MAB requirement and upgrades all accounts to the status of primary holder in family. But it does not show family accounts to the primary account holder's netbanking/app.
The account grouping/family banking form filled through the branch has one more page of POA, which gives transaction rights to the primary holder, so basically, all the linked accounts can be seen in primary holder's netbanking/app. secondary holders' netbanking/app runs as it is.
World debit card are issued on new wealth accounts only. For upgraded account, wealth platinum visa debit card is issued, same benefits as world master debit card, afaik.
I had the One Savings salary account, opened a new account for my wife in wealth savings through the branch and applied for grouping through the branch. Now I am the primary holder, the theme changed to yellow, I can see my wife's accounts (saving/fd and all) on my netbanking and can transact as well (OTP goes to her cell), and I think I have a private family banking account (if someone can suggest where can we see the segment of savings account/ family banking account, it'd be great. Customer care is zero help in this.)
Please correct if anything is wrong/missing.
Theme changing to Yellow is something new. What does your main screen after logging into NetBanking look like?