• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Family Banking

xiddy

TF Premier
How do I add my mothers' account to mine under family banking? I contacted her branch but they are trying to get me to open a brand new wealth account for her instead of linking her existing account to my Wealth account :cautious:

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I have an Wealth Account. Can I start a new account for my mother to add her in to Family account? I saw in the conditions minimum 2 maximum and maximum 8 to create Family ID. Is this 2 including primary account holder (myself in this situation)? Can I start family account with just me and my mom in it?
Yes. I started with myself and my sister.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
1.You followed the app process right?
Yes. Post that followed up with customer service and branch.
2.A normal savings account will do for my mother to be linked right?
Yes. Your account variant will become your mom's account variant.
3.Did you manage to get your sister World Master Card DC?
Nope. Customer care denied. Told to visit branch / call RM.

Now trying Twitter route

Shefin

TF Buzz
I have activated wealth account. My old account is also linked due to same mobile number.

1. Is my old account also converted into Wealth Account?
2. Do I need to maintain MAB in my old account?
3. Will I be eligible for World Debit card in the linked account too? (Now I have shopper basic card in it)

My Rm Said no (but I have seen people saying it become an ZERO mab account same as wealth)

Has anybody tried getting World Debti card with Linked account?
Customer ID and Account Number is different but it has also turned into Black Interface.

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Here My matter is a bit different. My old person icici account is linked automatically with the Wealth Account due to same phone number. I'm asking for that.
Yes you can get mc world wealth debit card for all linked accounts. If one account is wealth all your accounts opened with same pan card will become wealth

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Screenshot_20230912_175336_Brave.jpg
I know it's an upgrade and all from wealth banking to private banking but it does not add any value to my banking. I rarely used any benifit of wealth banking, if at all. Private banking is as good as regular baking for me and totally wasted on me, without me utilising any benifit from it. Total trv of all linked accounts is around 40-50L.
p.s. I didn't know there was a wealth card (platinum Visa or world master) available to me until a few days ago, I was using normal regular visa debit card until now. 😅
what all is included in your TRV?

s4more

TF Select
My dad's account was upgraded to Wealth management few days back, with the black theme in imobile and netbanking. We visited the branch for linking other family accounts to his wealth account so we can pass on the benefits. But the branch staff said it is still senior citizen savings acct and not wealth, and a new wealth account will have to be opened with IP of 5L and then other accounts can be linked.
I think they are just trying to bait us into a new wealth account unnecessarily.
We checked on my dad's netbanking->services->family banking and have initiated family banking request through there. Under netbanking , there was option to select Private Family Banking as well as Wealth Family banking.
There is no option for Wealth MC World DC in wealth banking netbanking? Does this have to be ordered thru CC?

paresh22

TF Ace
My dad's account was upgraded to Wealth management few days back, with the black theme in imobile and netbanking. We visited the branch for linking other family accounts to his wealth account so we can pass on the benefits. But the branch staff said it is still senior citizen savings acct and not wealth, and a new wealth account will have to be opened with IP of 5L and then other accounts can be linked.
I think they are just trying to bait us into a new wealth account unnecessarily.
We checked on my dad's netbanking->services->family banking and have initiated family banking request through there. Under netbanking , there was option to select Private Family Banking as well as Wealth Family banking.
There is no option for Wealth MC World DC in wealth banking netbanking? Does this have to be ordered thru CC?
I think saving account type matters here. If it's of type wealth then only you get family linking and wealth DC. Don't just go by black theme in netbanking or app.

cardio_guy

TF Premier
Need help friends. Icici customer care is as usual shi**y and helpless.
This is my situation. I have a salary wealth mgmt account. My wife got an account (I had shared this story separately, she got an icici savings account while applying for apay credit card).
Now looks like her account is previlege variant. (Maroon color in imobile app).

My question is - can I link her under my family banking so that she also gets wealth mgmt variant?
Will that account get all previleges as in mine?

Pls help to answer.

cardio_guy

TF Premier
Screenshot_20230912_175336_Brave.jpg
I know it's an upgrade and all from wealth banking to private banking but it does not add any value to my banking. I rarely used any benifit of wealth banking, if at all. Private banking is as good as regular baking for me and totally wasted on me, without me utilising any benifit from it. Total trv of all linked accounts is around 40-50L.
p.s. I didn't know there was a wealth card (platinum Visa or world master) available to me until a few days ago, I was using normal regular visa debit card until now. 😅
World master card has no benefits apart from 2 lounge access. better get rupay platinum card. Lot of offers run on rupay platinum card nowadays.

cardio_guy

TF Premier
Biggest problem with icici is they are not honest. Customer care said they don't know anything about wealth mgmt, contact branch.
Branch mein regular staff won't know anything, there will be one guy specific to wealth accounts. He won't tell anything clearly because he is trying to push products and maintain trv. Branch staff will try their maximum so that we don't get any benefits or upgrades free of cost. It is like we are asking something from their pockets. If at all anything is beneficial to customer we have to only go through website and fight with them to get our benefits. This community has better information than bank staff.

mrbanker

TF Select
Biggest problem with icici is they are not honest. Customer care said they don't know anything about wealth mgmt, contact branch.
Branch mein regular staff won't know anything, there will be one guy specific to wealth accounts. He won't tell anything clearly because he is trying to push products and maintain trv. Branch staff will try their maximum so that we don't get any benefits or upgrades free of cost. It is like we are asking something from their pockets. If at all anything is beneficial to customer we have to only go through website and fight with them to get our benefits. This community has better information than bank staff.
Call the customer care and ask for branch BM's name and mail. Send a properly worded mail to your BM and wait a couple of days for resolution. If they don't resolve your issue then post it on Twitter tagging their handles and quote you have already contacted the branch head and received no proper response. Twitter support will then take care of your issue and your BM's life would be made difficult until the issue is not resolved. This process has worked for me in the recent past to get my work done in ICICI, hope it helps you too.

paresh22

TF Ace
This is my situation. I have a salary wealth mgmt account. My wife got an account (I had shared this story separately, she got an icici savings account while applying for apay credit card).

My question is - can I link her under my family banking so that she also gets wealth mgmt variant?

Pls help to answer.
How do you know you have wealth account? Just don't go by netbanking color. What matters is your savings account type. If it shows wealth account then you can get all facilities of wealth account.

timva

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Pls help to answer.
Have you tried requesting for family banking from app or net banking?

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Pls help to answer.
Family member can be added to wealth grouping only if cumulative nrv is atleast 25L

cardio_guy

TF Premier
How do you know you have wealth account? Just don't go by netbanking color. What matters is your savings account type. If it shows wealth account then you can get all facilities of wealth account.
Yes I went through the posts and understood that ICICI may just show black color for any account, just to fool people. For me, when I login to net banking, the left corner says ICICI Wealth Management. Also the monthly statement PDF shows the same.
Have you tried requesting for family banking from app or net banking?
I saw in imobile app, there is option to request for family banking, and there are 2 options when I proceed - Wealth and Private. Have not proceeded after this step.

Family member can be added to wealth grouping only if cumulative nrv is atleast 25L
Mine is a 0 balance WM salary account. So there is no NRV requirement. I will get it confirmed with the customer care email, 18001080, and branch. (Pathetic that we need 3-4 points of confirmation because what 1 person says will not be what another one says).