• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation ICICI Bank Credit Card Devaluation Notice 3rd January, 2024 | Lounge access, DCC fees, Reward System affected

nickee007

TF Buzz
sab mare jayenge. sirf true HNI cards bachenge

Baki junta twitter insta fb reels banayenge mar gaya re 500 rs ke chole bathure, 300 rs ki maggi.
Inhi logo ki reels ne aisi taisi kar di lounges ki
Fir inhi ki reels dekh ke log Jana bhi band karenge 💁🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

kage

TF Buzz
Haan....Dreamfolks web app me saare pe eligible show karta hai
So I just got my Sapphiro MC+Amex card and I don't have any other cards from ICICI.
I linked it to the Dreamfolks web app and it says 2 out of 2 domestic accesses available, which shouldn't be the case since I haven't done any transactions on any ICICI card before, let alone the sapphiro/gemstone.

I think it's a bug on the DF website.
It could either work in our favor or not, depending on what the bug is.

If it shows free access is available, but verifies it once availed, then we could be charged for the visit on our next statement.
Or if they aren't verifying accesses, and just going by what's shown, then we basically have free domestic lounge access without the 5k spending thing.

Anyone willing to test it out lol

EDIT: Just realized, the card should technically offer 4 domestic visits per quarter, but the DF website just shows 2.
Could it be that before the 5k spend, there are only 2 accesses available, but after spending 5k, it expands to 4?

Probably a wrong presumption. See discussion below.

Last edited:

harsh42s

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is Sapphiro lounge access also devalued? I didn;t think so.
So I just got my Sapphiro MC+Amex card and I don't have any other cards from ICICI.
I linked it to the Dreamfolks web app and it says 2 out of 2 domestic accesses available, which shouldn't be the case since I haven't done any transactions on any ICICI card before, let alone the sapphiro/gemstone.

If it shows free access is available, but verifies it once availed, then we could be charged for the visit on our next statement.
Or if they aren't verifying accesses, and just going by what's shown, then we basically have free domestic lounge access without the 5k spending thing.

EDIT: Just realized, the card should technically offer 4 domestic visits per quarter, but the DF website just shows 2.
Could it be that before the 5k spend, there are only 2 accesses available, but after spending 5k, it expands to 4?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

2 on MC+2 on Amex=4
Amex variant won't get linked on DF app

Prime Carlsen

TF Select

2 on MC+2 on Amex=4

On top of this, you will get all 4 lounge access in the first quarter of card issue. 5k spend requirement starts from second quarter.

P.S. I am forgetting whether it was just first quarter or first two quarter without spend requirement.

Nadeemkh

TF Select
As per recent devaluation 1% fee of DCC applicable where merchant is indian and registration is in foreign nation

Does it covers amazon flipkart so many brands people spend these days how they suppose to know which merchant registered at which nation i would advice everyone to close these damnn cards than paying that 1% with no vakueback.
i am only using lit 300 for 2 lounge access facility which more useful than any mindless spend to meet criteria for lounge

kage

TF Buzz
On top of this, you will get all 4 lounge access in the first quarter of card issue. 5k spend requirement starts from second quarter.

P.S. I am forgetting whether it was just first quarter or first two quarter without spend requirement.
Ah that makes sense.
They don't mention that it's complementary for the first/first two quarters anywhere, which was why I thought this might have been a bug.

2 on MC+2 on Amex=4
Interesting.
So the only way to get lounge access via the Amex card is to physically swipe it?

Either way, I guess your statement still stands in that case.
All gemstone spends are linked for the complementary access.

Has this been tested/verified btw?

Prime Carlsen

TF Select
Interesting.
So the only way to get lounge access via the Amex card is to physically swipe it?
Yes. And the list is different and smaller as compared to mastercard and visa one. Better to get visa variant as it gives 4 times access to a wider range of lounges instead of this split.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
Thread already exists here:

Okay , Tried searching!
Mods can Delete or Lock the thread
Thanks

pro2typ

TF Buzz
I have Rubyx, Apay and coral Rupay CC . Just got an email from ICICI that lounge access available only after 35k in preceeding quarter.
Not sure if it's for Coral only or for Rubyx as well.

The Rubyx page on ICICI website says 5K in preceeding month for lounge access. 😔

Prime Carlsen

TF Select
I have Rubyx, Apay and coral Rupay CC . Just got an email from ICICI that lounge access available only after 35k in preceeding quarter.
Not sure if it's for Coral only or for Rubyx as well.

The Rubyx page on ICICI website says 5K in preceeding month for lounge access. 😔
Only for coral. I hold rubyx and I also got the mail yesterday. But the airport lounge change section was not present, the rest of the 3 sections were.

They really should clarify for what card are they sending this information for.

kage

TF Buzz
Yes. And the list is different and smaller as compared to mastercard and visa one. Better to get visa variant as it gives 4 times access to a wider range of lounges instead of this split.
I've already activated the MC and Amex :(
Not sure if they'll allow me to swap over to Visa now.

Do we atleast get access to Amex's lounges with the Amex card?
I'm guessing no, since it's co-branded, but if yes, then that's a plus I'm fine with.

Prime Carlsen

TF Select
I've already activated the MC and Amex :(
Not sure if they'll allow me to swap over to Visa now.

Do we atleast get access to Amex's lounges with the Amex card?
I'm guessing no, since it's co-branded, but if yes, then that's a plus I'm fine with.
They don't allow most of the amex cards for amex lounges, no chance for this. Although check their lounge list, maybe you find a few which suits you.

You still can change the payment network, just call the customer care and ask for it. I tried the same, they agreed for the change but due to address issues it could not be completed then.