• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation ICICI Bank Credit Card Devaluation Notice 3rd January, 2024 | Lounge access, DCC fees, Reward System affected

BK7

TF Buzz
Thread already exists here:

Yeah now it's official :cry: Yesterday I contacted customer care to check about same as I am holding coral card, they do not have updated info yet it seems, they have mentioned my Coral is LTF will it be true information can I trust them ? On my mobile banking I can still see fee waive tracker under my credit card tab.

Last edited:

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have multiple ICICI CC, but reading this email made me think of Sapphiro at first.

Now I think the ceiling for Sapphiro might be even higher, especially for using that Dreamfolks Sauna on airports, that I never got the opport to visit. 😢

On the bright side, if CCs are being devalued, maybe there's an opportunity to upgrade to Emeralde. Gotta talk to BM.

Prime Carlsen

TF Select
I have multiple ICICI CC, but reading this email made me think of Sapphiro at first.

Now I think the ceiling for Sapphiro might be even higher, especially for using that Dreamfolks Sauna on airports, that I never got the opport to visit. 😢

On the bright side, if CCs are being devalued, maybe there's an opportunity to upgrade to Emeralde. Gotta talk to BM.
I think its opposite. Banks are removing access from entry-mid level cards because they are easy to get and hence makes a large chunk of lounge usage. They were ok paying for the lounges up to a certain point.

Adding spend requirement basically makes the holder pay for the lounge indirectly or at least some part of it. This lowers their budget for lounges.

Premium card like sapphiro (at least premium in their eyes) don't need this. They can offer free or less spend requirement for lounges as a premium benefit for this as compared to others.

I know every bank is limiting the lounges and it can happen to any card. But this is my optimistic view hoping it does not affect higher cards.

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How we will know if lounge access is free if we spend for one quarter with 35k and another quarter less than 35k?

matriX1218

TF Buzz
The way banks are changing lounge access policies, it is almost impossible to use lounge access by frequent fliers having multiple cards as the access will be available in next quarter only upon achieving spend criteria.

Either one need to have travel card especially for lounges or business class ticket.

Looks like in upcoming months all unnecessary and idle credit cards will be either deactivated by holder or issuer.

Let's wait and watch...

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
The way banks are changing lounge access policies, it is almost impossible to use lounge access by frequent fliers having multiple cards as the access will be available in next quarter only upon achieving spend criteria.

Either one need to have travel card especially for lounges or business class ticket.

Looks like in upcoming months all unnecessary and idle credit cards will be either deactivated by holder or issuer.

Let's wait and watch...
Rupay are safe
Pp if u r frequent flyer
Idfc dc are great . Select wealth are 2+2&3+3 for both d& international.
& List goes on

Icici card are just for Entertainment purpose. 😆

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Rupay are safe
Pp if u r frequent flyer
Idfc dc are great . Select wealth are 2+2&3+3 for both d& international.
& List goes on

Icici card are just for Entertainment purpose. 😆
Rupay are safe "for now". Once they acquire good chunk of market, they are going to follow the trend.