• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation ICICI Bank Credit Card Devaluation Notice 3rd January, 2024 | Lounge access, DCC fees, Reward System affected

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Rupay are safe "for now". Once they acquire good chunk of market, they are going to follow the trend.
There is always a way .
Prob is many people are now aware about lounge + sheer number of people increased .

Waiting for infrastructure to build to cater more public.

IGI IS EXPANDING.

JEWAR GETTING AIRPORT.
MUMBAI HAS TWO .

Things are bad in wB , bihar , jharkhand.no new infrastructure & absence from main line

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Looks like 90% of the public who hold ICICI cards are no longer eligible for easy lounge access anymore.
All non premium cards under Rubyx are devalued for lounge access. Coral is their most popular card.

Go for premium cards and access lounges for free or spend more on basic cards and access Lounges, this will ultimately reduce the crowds at the most popular lounges like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyd, Bangalore.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
All non premium cards under Rubyx are devalued for lounge access. Coral is their most popular card.

Go for premium cards and access lounges for free or spend more on basic cards and access Lounges, this will ultimately reduce the crowds at the most popular lounges like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyd, Bangalore.
Not even a cent . Only First time burn . 2nd time one will come prepared.
Nothing free is going to be spared

anirao07

TF Buzz
All gemstone cards are linked. Even if you make 5k spends on Sapphiro Visa, you'll be able to access lounge on all variants of Sapphiro and Rubyx you will be holding. Even if you spend 2k on Visa, 2k on MC and 1k on Amex, you'll get lounge benefits on all.
Lets say a person has all of the ICICI Gemstone cards apart from the EPM and Diamnat, and he/she spends 6K on his Sapphiro..
So, as quoted it means,
He/She will be able to access domestic lounges on his/her Coral+Rubyx+Sapphiro?
That's 1+2+4 visits, even though Coral has now the 35K spend requirement?
Now because he/she also holds Emeralde which has Unlimited Unconditional Lounge Access,
So how does that work now?
Just Curious.
*Considering the spends done in the previous quater, for access in the next*

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Lets say a person has all of the ICICI Gemstone cards apart from the EPM and Diamnat, and he/she spends 6K on his Sapphiro..
So, as quoted it means,
He/She will be able to access domestic lounges on his/her Coral+Rubyx+Sapphiro?
That's 1+2+4 visits, even though Coral has now the 35K spend requirement?
Now because he/she also holds Emeralde which has Unlimited Unconditional Lounge Access,
So how does that work now?
Just Curious.
*Considering the spends done in the previous quater, for access in the next*
Gemstones are linked into one account for accounting / cibil reporting purposes only...
Not for features/ benefits purposes...
One example:
You can claim 10% off during a sale period upto say 1K .. for each card during that sale..

By your logic it should stop after one transactions of 1k discount on the first card usage.. but it doesn't...

BhaiyaJi

TF Ace
Gemstones are linked into one account for accounting / cibil reporting purposes only...
One example:
You can claim 10% off during a sale period upto say 1K .. for each card during that sale..

By your logic it should stop after one transactions of 1k discount on the first card usage.. but it doesn't...
But bro, the issue with your example is that the discount is calculated and maintained at the merchant end and not fetched or checked with ICICI.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
But bro, the issue with your example is that the discount is calculated and maintained at the merchant end and not fetched or checked with ICICI.
Not sure where the confusion is...
It's at the bank level / card level only not at merchant level

anirao07

TF Buzz
One example:

No, its only regarding the lounge access feature,
I have 18 Gemstone Cards(Primary and Add Ons) so does that mean i am eligible for the 10% discount on every one of them?
Rest of the features and benefits is not my concern as what else is there to talk about really?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
No, its only regarding the lounge access feature,
I have 18 Gemstone Cards(Primary and Add Ons) so does that mean i am eligible for the 10% discount on every one of them?
Rest of the features and benefits is not my concern as what else is there to talk about really?
Y e s

keeleri_achu

TF Buzz
I recently got an offer for LTF Sapphiro and I applied and it is approved. My spending will easily cross 5k on it for sure, but my question is will I only be applicable for lounge access from next quarter then?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I recently got an offer for LTF Sapphiro and I applied and it is approved. My spending will easily cross 5k on it for sure, but my question is will I only be applicable for lounge access from next quarter then?
Yes,
Quarter 1 spends qualify for Quarrer2 lounge access
Qtr 2 spends for q3n....and so on..