• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation ICICI Bank Credit Card Devaluation Notice 3rd January, 2024 | Lounge access, DCC fees, Reward System affected

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Screenshot_20240104-210326.jpg
Do you have any idea of the discounting of these vouchers given on payment of 7670?
Ltf hai bhai

Disclaimer: got it without having any savings account in iccic. I only had amazon pay card for 3years and got this offersd as ltf recently

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
nope
dcb has acceptance issue
regalia millenia got nerfed
regalia gold is decent
money back is shit
tata nue is coins oriented

so he is right
I've honestly never felt any acceptance issues with DCB. Neither in India nor abroad. Some ingame purchases have that restriction but not of frequent use.
Neu infinity is still the first choice of many for UPI. Swiggy card is also good for its fee

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Moneyback best card hai HDFC ka 😝
Agreed, I am using it for rent payment 25k/mon at 50% total card limit utilisation, with no additional rent fee charged and also covering quarterly spend milestone to generate a 1% return on it, all this by using their hdfc billpay portal ensuring regular base reward points as its utlity mcc. Couldn't ask for more from hdfc.
Infinia -0, moneyback - 1

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I've honestly never felt any acceptance issues with DCB. Neither in India nor abroad. Some ingame purchases have that restriction but not of frequent use.
Neu infinity is still the first choice of many for UPI. Swiggy card is also good for its fee
tier 1 still has acceptance issues with amex and diners
abroad wont be an issue but in india it is there

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Starting Apr 01, 2024, one can enjoy One complimentary airport lounge access by spending Rs. 35,000 in the preceding calendar quarter. Spends made in the preceding calendar quarter will unlock access for the subsequent calendar quarter. To be eligible for complimentary lounge access in Apr-May-Jun, 2024 quarter, one needs to spend a minimum of Rs.35,000 in the January-February-March 2024 quarter and similarly for following quarters.

Affected Cards: upcoming-changes-features-and-charges | ICICI Bank

Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC):

Starting Feb 01, 2024, a DCC fee of 1% plus taxes will be applicable on each international transaction carried out in Indian currency at an international location or transactions carried out in Indian currency with merchants located in India but registered in a foreign nation. This change will apply to all ICICI Bank credit cards.

Rewards on Rent Payment and E-Wallet Loading:

From Feb 01, 2024, rent pay and e-wallet loading transactions will not accrue any reward points.
  • This change will not apply for Amazon pay ICICI Bank credit card.

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wow. Didn't know that. In that case I can just spend on my Amex MRCC and use Sapphiro MC for backup while using Sapphiro Amex for lounge (it has nice lounges). That way I can maximise rewards and optimise spending. Thanks.
You have to spend on ICICI Gemstone cards to avail lounge access. Amex MRCC is not part of ICICI bank, spending on it wont get you lounge access.

indragh

TF Buzz
You have to spend on ICICI Gemstone cards to avail lounge access. Amex MRCC is not part of ICICI bank, spending on it wont get you lounge access.
I meant using Sapphiro MC for backup. I'll satisfy the 5k/qtr criteria pretty easily with that. MRCC is more for regular spends where Amex is accepted.

Prime Carlsen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ltf hai bhai

Disclaimer: got it without having any savings account in iccic. I only had amazon pay card for 3years and got this offersd as ltf recently
Did you get pre approved ltf sapphiro directly as an upgrade or some other way?

BK7

TF Buzz
🤦‍♂️ If this is official I am not sure what to do with my cards, recently made 3 EMI transactions during great Indian festival 😭 spending 35k per quarter to get 1 lounge access in next quarter doesn't make sense to me. I think it's better to get LIT card and get add-on service.