• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I got an offer for ICICI Sapphiro Credit card with NIL annual and joining fee. Is this legit?

ZappyRed

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I hold 3 ICICI Cards i.e. ICICI APay, Coral RuPay and Platinum chip credit cards with 4,60,000 limit. Today I logged onto ICICI Internet Banking and shocked to see that Sapphiro credit card that has a joining and annual fee of Rs. 6500 and 3500 respectively was offered to me with a NIL joining and annual fees. Here's the screenshot attached with this post. Is this OKAY to get it LTF and go ahead and apply for the same. Is this normal? Did anyone get it LTF like me?

I hold an ICICI Mine zero balance savings account. I never maintained good balance.

Update:

I received the following email from ICICI Bank regarding the card fee criteria. The customer care executive didn't even care to use proper english in this email.
Attaching the screenshot with this post.

Update as on Sep-13-2023:

I grabbed the offer for a Sapphiro card LTF and got all the 3 variants. Now holding 6 cards from ICICI.
ICICI Apay LTF
ICICI Sapphiro(Visa, MC, Amex) all LTF
ICICI Coral LTF
ICICI Platinum chip LTF
I grabbed the offer for a Sapphiro card LTF and got all the 3 variants. Now holding 6 cards from ICICI.
ICICI Apay LTF
ICICI Coral LTF
ICICI Platinum chip LTF

KingAAR

TF Ace
I studied in a 3 tier college. Not mentioned in LTF list of the colleges as per the list of ICICI. Just received the offer.
I asked this as you were having a coral LTF which is generally given as LTF for tier 1 or 2 colleges

I hold 3 ICICI Cards i.e. ICICI APay, Coral RuPay and Platinum chip credit cards with 4,60,000 limit. Today I logged onto ICICI Internet Banking and shocked to see that Sapphiro credit card that has a joining and annual fee of Rs. 6500 and 3500 respectively was offered to me with a NIL joining and annual fees. Here's the screenshot attached with this post. Is this OKAY to get it LTF and go ahead and apply for the same. Is this normal? Did anyone get it LTF like me?

I hold an ICICI Mine zero balance savings account. I never maintained good balance.

Update:

I received the following email from ICICI Bank regarding the card fee criteria. The customer care executive didn't even care to use proper english in this email.

ICICI Apay LTF
ICICI Coral LTF
ICICI Platinum chip LTF
Can someone share the benefit of having the same card in all three providers - visa, mastercard, amex? What I know is the card features depend primarily on the card type and only mdr charges and airport lounge acceptability depends on provider types.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Can someone share the benefit of having the same card in all three providers - visa, mastercard, amex? What I know is the card features depend primarily on the card type and only mdr charges and airport lounge acceptability depends on provider types.
For collection 😄

And for additional bank instant discount offers , if and when required..

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It is the ultimate BOGO card, you apply for one variant and you get another for free.

Go through the attached image again..🙄🙄
For quick reference i have highlighted the same.
I got LTF with no spending criteria. Opted for Mastercard/Amex dual option. In email, I got the following,
Joining Fee: NIL+ Goods and Services Tax
Annual Fee: NIL+ Goods and Services Tax (NIL when card spends are greater than Rs in the previous year).

Check your Net banking for the LTF offer.

Last edited:

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
I got LTF with no spending criteria. Opted for Mastercard/Amex dual option. In email, I got the following,
Joining Fee: NIL+ Goods and Services Tax
Annual Fee: NIL+ Goods and Services Tax (NIL when card spends are greater than Rs in the previous year).

Check your Net banking for the LTF offer.
So there is no spent thersold in bracket after rupees

Update:

ICICI Apay LTF
ICICI Coral LTF
ICICI Platinum chip LTF
All this card u got after opening mine account ? Btw how old is ur account in icici ?

manzb

TF Premier
I got the Sapphiro card LTF. In fact I was begged to take it and with a whooping 20 lacs limit. I have relationship with ICICI salary account for more than 2 decades plus home loan from the same. It is not much beneficial except occasionally when they comes out with 10% etc offers. Not sure which variant is better or worse.