• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I got an offer for ICICI Sapphiro Credit card with NIL annual and joining fee. Is this legit?

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Don't go by the note of spending. It is fully LTF card and not just FYF. Call customer care they will confirm it.
ICICI has peculiar habit of not removing spend criteria note below LTF offer.

Take it, it is LTF.
Requesting dont suggest such things as common practice by ICICI..
Better take written confirmation from Bank side before proceeding...In future if they will charge how can you prove the same ..
Hey @ReddyR ,Just drop a mail to ICICI Care and ask them about the LTF issue and let them revert via mail on the issue.If they have replied with fully LTF without any condition then just bookmark the mail for future reference and proceed otherwise leave.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I myself had to get Sapphiro LTF from senior management. They gave me zero offers despite having a good NRV with the bank. Only offers I got were pre-approved home, auto and two-wheeler and credit card OTL loans.
+1.. me too same. I used to get paid emeralde as well before, now it's gone after coral rupay approval..
My RM is trying to get approval for LTF sapphiro, my NRV being 30L

That's not what's written there at all. The 2nd year onward (annual) fee offer is NIL. For it to have a fee from the second year that would have to be some amount say ₹1,000 which would be waived off if your spend is ₹6L.
Kindly explain what amount Rs 1000 is... Does ICICI Bank charge Rs 1000 only as Sapphiro card fee from second year? Can you share the proof so that I can confirm it and believe it 🤔

Reactions: Rkr

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes, but bank has clearly mentioned that from second year onwards it will be not free. So I don't think it is LTF
true..
what he was saying "0" need not be waived off with some annual spend criteria..
Whether they waive off 0 or not doesn't matter.
In otherwords, they can charge him "0" if he doesn't fulfill annual waiver spending criteria..He has a case to defend technically.

Generally 0 in both the fields is LTF, but here ICICI added confusion by adding condition..

Best thing is getting some clarification from ICICI as you all suggesting.
That is right thing also.
Another thing he could do:
If he goes to the next step things may get clarified, even with confusion also he could apply and get for FYF in the worst case scenario, and if ICICI denies for LTF, he has a choice to close the card before renwwal

All cases are covered here, we don't need to sweat too much here, until OP responds..

Last edited:
What's the trend that's been followed by people getting this ltf offer??
I can't say about Sapphiro but recently I was offered rubyx Amex + Mastercard combo as LTF from ICICI. Sapphiro was showing as paid card in the same offer. So I got Rubyx.

I have ICICI salary account but don't maintain much balance.. MAB around 5000. I had amazon pay card with 4.9 lac limit.

Never received any credit card offer from ICICI previously, except platinum LTF.. And also received offers for pre approved loans.

snjn

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Requesting dont suggest such things as common practice by ICICI..
Better take written confirmation from Bank side before proceeding...In future if they will charge how can you prove the same ..
Hey @ReddyR ,Just drop a mail to ICICI Care and ask them about the LTF issue and let them revert via mail on the issue.If they have replied with fully LTF without any condition then just bookmark the mail for future reference and proceed otherwise leave.
Okay. Dekhlo bhai apne hisab se 🥲

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I can't say about Sapphiro but recently I was offered rubyx Amex + Mastercard combo as LTF from ICICI. Sapphiro was showing as paid card in the same offer. So I got Rubyx.

I have ICICI salary account but don't maintain much balance.. MAB around 5000. I had amazon pay card with 4.9 lac limit.

Never received any credit card offer from ICICI previously, except platinum LTF.. And also received offers for pre approved loans.
And did you have 0 in both the fields (joining and annual fee) and also the annual fee waiver criteria rexr feom second year onwards just like in the above case?

Kindly explain what amount Rs 1000 is... Does ICICI Bank charge Rs 1000 only as Sapphiro card fee from second year? Can you share the proof so that I can confirm it and believe it 🤔

Galti ho gaya. Maaf kar dena mera baap. I did not review Sapphiro fees and dared to write "SAY ₹1000" instead.

And again the waiver condition is a system auto generated line which doesn't get removed when the renewal condition is 0. It is a LTF card.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Galti ho gaya. Maaf kar dena mera baap. I did not review Sapphiro fees and dared to write "SAY ₹1000" instead.

And again the waiver condition is a system auto generated line which doesn't get removed when the renewal condition is 0. It is a LTF card.
Most probably correct..
Even if they charge, they can charge the amount stated I.e. 0
BTW, did this happen to you?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
HDFC Bank uses same trick "Lucky You" ₹ 0 😆

Applicant doesn't want to see/read anything else 😆
Yes, understood..
That is how they trap.. its their practice, right or wrong it is upto them
In HDFC case, they put *, right next 0 if I remember correctly..
Here ICICI didn't put any *.
Anyway as I said before in the worst case scenario he would get it FYF, there is no harm in applying

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
No. You see sir, I can talk English, I can walk English, I can laugh English, I can run English
Very good that you can do all those activities in English/ with English.

But in this case, if we go by just English, the case may run for long long time in the worst case scenario..
However , I am of the view that it is LTF and he has case to defend.. justva clarification from the Bank wouldn't hurt

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
I think its a LTF card only. They're not going to charge you any fee from second year onwards. Its just a template which they forgot to remove from LTF offers.

If you can see carefully, this same fee waiver criteria is written on MC United Card as well. And there is no LTF offer. So this fee waiver criteria applies to those cards where joining and annual fee is mentioned.

If joining & annual fee is showing NIL, then the card is most probably LTF. Also, to clarify this you can take the card and ask ICICI to send clarification upon your card LTF query in written form. If you ask before taking card, they'll tell you generic information not the legit one.

I think its a LTF card only. They're not going to charge you any fee from second year onwards. Its just a template which they forgot to remove from LTF offers.

If you can see carefully, this same fee waiver criteria is written on MC United Card as well. And there is no LTF offer. So this fee waiver criteria applies to those cards where joining and annual fee is mentioned.

If joining & annual fee is showing NIL, then the card is most probably LTF. Also, to clarify this you can take the card and ask ICICI to send clarification upon your card LTF query in written form. If you ask before taking card, they'll tell you generic information not the legit one.
If it is LTF, then he is really a lucky person. I heard that Bank gives LTF Sapphiro to only high class privileged customers. OP mentioned that he has small varient account

Reactions: SSV