• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I got an offer for ICICI Sapphiro Credit card with NIL annual and joining fee. Is this legit?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If it is LTF, then he is really a lucky person. I heard that Bank gives LTF Sapphiro to only high class privileged customers. OP mentioned that he has small varient account
Yes true..
He may be very lucky lucky person to get this LTF with his small amount variant account. God bless him..
Sometimes the Banks may surprise us so as Life... Let's move on

MangoRush

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My Wife got it for LTF.
She had opened a salary account months back and after few weeks she received an SMS offering multiple cards.
We opted for Sapphiro. After we selected the card, the number was generated instantaneously.

I have very decent balance too and applied recently. I got it LTF and confirmed with the bank. I had the 6L banner too.
One quick way to check if it is LTF is by going to the add-on Credit card part , it will show annual fees and joining fees as NIL. I am not saying it should be LTF but it most likely is.

ZappyRed

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have very decent balance too and applied recently. I got it LTF and confirmed with the bank. I had the 6L banner too.
One quick way to check if it is LTF is by going to the add-on Credit card part , it will show annual fees and joining fees as NIL. I am not saying it should be LTF but it most likely is.
I applied for the same. But customer care executive says otherwise. He said it is a chargeable card.

Sanskar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I hold 3 ICICI Cards i.e. ICICI APay, Coral RuPay and Platinum chip credit cards with 4,60,000 limit. Today I logged onto ICICI Internet Banking and shocked to see that Sapphiro credit card that has a joining and annual fee of Rs. 6500 and 3500 respectively was offered to me with a NIL joining and annual fees. Here's the screenshot attached with this post. Is this OKAY to get it LTF and go ahead and apply for the same. Is this normal? Did anyone get it LTF like me?

I hold an ICICI Mine zero balance savings account. I never maintained good balance.

Update:

I received the following email from ICICI Bank regarding the card fee criteria. The customer care executive didn't even care to use proper english in this email.
Attaching the screenshot with this post.
Do you have wealth account?

I hold 3 ICICI Cards i.e. ICICI APay, Coral RuPay and Platinum chip credit cards with 4,60,000 limit. Today I logged onto ICICI Internet Banking and shocked to see that Sapphiro credit card that has a joining and annual fee of Rs. 6500 and 3500 respectively was offered to me with a NIL joining and annual fees. Here's the screenshot attached with this post. Is this OKAY to get it LTF and go ahead and apply for the same. Is this normal? Did anyone get it LTF like me?

I hold an ICICI Mine zero balance savings account. I never maintained good balance.

Update:

I received the following email from ICICI Bank regarding the card fee criteria. The customer care executive didn't even care to use proper english in this email.
Attaching the screenshot with this post.
Do you see wealth management at the top of the page?

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Perhaps that's the case. One of my friends with APay uses ICICI as primary account and has consistent balance of over 7-8 lakh. Never received any offer, not even Coral Rupay which many are getting LTF. He doesn't mind it due to poor reward structure of ICICI, but perhaps he should follow above trick :)
Taking cue of this and transferred 50% to other bank account. Will Trf remaining in few days(will see if they honor coral/ruby Ltf)

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
+1.. me too same. I used to get paid emeralde as well before, now it's gone after coral rupay approval..
My RM is trying to get approval for LTF sapphiro, my NRV being 30L
Now,

all the offers including paid Emeralde which were disappered after the coral Rupay approval are now back again in iMobiloe app..
Everything is normal now...

niks

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't understand why ICICI is showing me only Emeralde in upgrade options for past couple of months. Earlier I used to see ICICI Makemytrip, Manchester United and other cards. Now only paid Emeralde.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Don't understand why ICICI is showing me only Emeralde in upgrade options for past couple of months. Earlier I used to see ICICI Makemytrip, Manchester United and other cards. Now only paid Emeralde.
You have their Sapphiro card?

Is this card of any use? I have an LTf offer for the dual card version with a limit of 17L. and a paid offer for Emeralde.

I have a long term relationship with ICICI (salary, loan, demat, FD) but have only the Visa Platinum card from them. Read that I might be eligible for a better DC with my Wealth Management account but dont seee any option for DC upgrade other than Expressions and Gemstones.