• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to improve cibil score beyond 760

Suggest how can I improve my cibil score from 760 which is stuck around this for quite some time.

I have never delayed any payments since last 15 years, always paid my credit card bills in full. I have never utilized more than 10-20% of my credit limit. But I have only unsecured loans (17 credit cards) which are open in my cibil report, I don't wish to avail any new loan (secured) just for improving the cibil score, but I don't understand what else can I do to improve the score.

I use around 7-8 credit cards regularly from my 17 credit cards, should I close others (all are benefecial for yearly sales)

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Suggest how can I improve my cibil score from 760 which is stuck around this for quite some time.

I have never delayed any payments since last 15 years, always paid my credit card bills in full. I have never utilized more than 10-20% of my credit limit. But I have only unsecured loans (17 credit cards) which are open in my cibil report, I don't wish to avail any new loan (secured) just for improving the cibil score, but I don't understand what else can I do to improve the score.

I use around 7-8 credit cards regularly from my 17 credit cards, should I close others (all are benefecial for yearly sales)
I can help but you got to do as I ask and not cut corners. If you are up. DM me.

Regularly use all the CC and make atleast one payment on every card even if it's Rs.1/-
Unused cards will be not be counted as prompt payment afaik.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace

I don’t know why you’re chasing a higher score, but with 760, if you have good financial health & stability, you’d get access to the best credit products at optimal rates anyway.
Some ways you can improve your score:
1. Getting a secured loan. Your score will sometimes only go so far with just unsecured loans. Obviously, this would be based on a requirement, and since you don’t have one, we’ll skip this.
2. Increase in your income in your credit report. This will happen only when a financial institution updates the same, if you apply for a new CC(or LE) or a loan. Obviously for this to work, you need to have enhanced your income since it was last reported to the bureaus.
3. Reduce your credit utilisation even further.
4. Cut unnecessary cards. Your total credit/total income(as per report) or DTI- the lesser, the better.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
First time heard it.
It is a parameter that they consider. The lesser the credit exposure of an individual(as a proportion to their income), the less likely they are to default(obviously). Therefore, they would potentially be a good debtor if they were to seek any future loans/credit. Hence, they will be awarded a slightly higher score.

Last edited:

D₹V

TF Prestige
It is a parameter that they consider. The lesser the credit exposure of an individual(as a proportion to their income), the less likely they are to default(obviously). Therefore, they would potentially be a good debtor if they were to seek any future loans/credit. Hence, the will be awarded a slightly higher score.
So getting Bob card should be my priority.

Because they report 1 crore for income of 1 lac 🤣.

So my DTI ratio will be almost nill.