• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to improve CIBIL beyond 807

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I had CIBIL score of 820 when I took a car loan in 2019 which brought down my CIBIL straight to 798 (not sure why such a big drop). Canara Bank did make 2 hits by mistake and refused to remove it. They made the first hit for personal loan (LMAO) whereas I applied for car loan. Later when they realized they made another hit for car loan for same amount and even debited my account by Rs. 55 as charge for the same which again they refused to reverse.

I never missed any EMI and closed my 7 years loan in 2 years. But ever since then my CIBIL moves between 802 to 807. Never gone beyond 807 ever after that.

How can I improve it further. Any suggestions? Please help :)

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I assume you were communicated the ROI at the time of renewal,so it could not cause you any loss st all, infact you could have made more switching/transferring it to banks like indusind/AU which gives much better interest rates.
If skeptical keep 5l(which is insured) with one bank.
Please read what I wrote - Auto renewed. No communication on ROI. You find it in the bank's website.

#aniket

TF Ace
I prefer peace of mind over few bucks.
Do banking with banks who cares about customer & have good support.
Which banks care about customer and have good support?😐

They will care until you don't have concern where there losses/mistakes are.

As soon as you report such concerns, you will get to know how good customer support it has.😂

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I've never seen 800.
Once saw 798 then it again came back 794 for something.
We can exchange 🤣
My wife has 820. Sse only has 2 credit cards and zero enquiries as both those were pre approved via banking relationships. IDFC Wealth with a 24 odd lakhs limit and RBL Insignia with around 8 lakhs. No other loans or cards ever in India. Mine hasn't gone above 795 ever in India. In fact, it has declined to 778 to 782 for about a year now. I have around 23 enquiries, 25 credit cards and a couple of EMI type loans which are paid off but reflect as open still.

#aniket

TF Ace
My wife has 820. Sse only has 2 credit cards and zero enquiries as both those were pre approved via banking relationships. IDFC Wealth with a 24 odd lakhs limit and RBL Insignia with around 8 lakhs. No other loans or cards ever in India. Mine hasn't gone above 795 ever in India. In fact, it has declined to 778 to 782 for about a year now. I have around 23 enquiries, 25 credit cards and a couple of EMI type loans which are paid off but reflect as open still.
Ye toh naya khabar hai market mein!😂

2 credit card without any enquiries just relationship ke adhar pe!😁

Ayesa relationship 21 mein sabka nahi hota😐

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend

Aayesa relationship 21 mein sabka nahi hota😐
Who is Ayesha?
GIF by The Ayesha Shelton Team

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Ayesa relationship 21 mein sabka nahi hota😐
Pre approved offers come to bank customers with accounts. What's new in that? With IDFC, she had a few crores in FDs and around 50 lakhs in savings a few years back when they had the 7% savings interest rate. So when they launched their credit cards, they first offered them to existing customers. With RBL, we joined their Insignia banking and by default it comes with their top, Insignia credit card. So again, no need for any enquiry. Both of us got them. The branch manager took care of it. We just had to sign a form. Just have to maintain the 30 lakh TRV. Everyone gets pre approved offers. What's so surprising?

#aniket

TF Ace
Pre approved offers come to bank customers with accounts. What's new in that? With IDFC, she had a few crores in FDs and around 50 lakhs in savings a few years back when they had the 7% savings interest rate. So when they launched their credit cards, they first offered them to existing customers. With RBL, we joined their Insignia banking and by default it comes with their top, Insignia credit card. So again, no need for any enquiry. Both of us got them. The branch manager took care of it. We just had to sign a form. Just have to maintain the 30 lakh TRV. Everyone gets pre approved offers. What's so surprising?
I knew it, pre-approved offers come to existing customers, even I got it. Though, bank do CIBIL enquiry atleast when issuing card for the first time as per my observation and experience.

Since your wife is a crorepati and have had FD and substantial amount of bank balance, that might be the reason.

But doesn't matter to me, I just responded sarcastically. I am Ok with what I have being in this age.

Last edited:

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I knew it, pre-approved offers come to existing customers, even I got it. Though, bank do CIBIL enquiry atleast when issuing card for the first time as per my observation and experience.

Since you're wife is crorepati and have had FD and substantial amount of bank balance, that might be the reason.

But doesn't matter to me, I just responded sarcastically. I am Ok with what I have being in this age.
I don't think banks always do an enquiry for pre approved cards. I recently got one from AU and they didn't do an enquiry. IDFC, RBL and ICICI didn't do it either. I have 3 cards with ICICI and no enquiry for any of them as they were prepproved (shared limit). Similarly, I got Axis Flipkart about 2 years back and there was an enquiry. A week later I requested Airtel card and they sent it without any enquiry. A couple of months ago, they showed various pre approved cards in their app and I chose Atlas and again, there was no enquiry. So I think most banks don't do an enquiry for pre approved offers of existing customers.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Keep us posted...!😁
Today I received mail from branch to go to the branch with the old certificates and collect the revised FD certificates. I replied saying it is not possible for me to come down. In the evening same two executives who came earlier came again and handed over the revised FD receipts and collected the old ones.

I was thinking they will ask me to sign something like complain resolved to my satisfaction. But nothing of the sort. They left after taking my "received' signature on photocopies.

Wondering what will happen next. Status of the complaint on RBI website is still the same.

#aniket

TF Ace
Today I received mail from branch to go to the branch with the old certificates and collect the revised FD certificates. I replied saying it is not possible for me to come down. In the evening same two executives who came earlier came again and handed over the revised FD receipts and collected the old ones.

I was thinking they will ask me to sign something like complain resolved to my satisfaction. But nothing of the sort. They left after taking my "received' signature on photocopies.

Wondering what will happen next. Status of the complaint on RBI website is still the same.
Let's see 😉 what will happen next!😁

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I was referring to the same, compensation is must for such behaviour bro. Will wait for upcoming updates...😁
Received a call from RBI ombudsman office Kolkata last Thursday.

She asked "is the problem resolved"
I replied "What about the harassment?"
She said "I am only asking about the issue now as bank has written to us that they have resolved your issue"
Me: "Yes, issue has been rectified"
She: "OK. Let me see what you have asked for"
Me: "OK"

Status of the complaint is still the same on RBI website.

techt

TF Legend

Since you're wife is crorepati and have had FD and substantial amount of bank balance, that might be the reason.

Is it grammatically correct?
Crorepatni?