• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to improve cibil score beyond 760

Suggest how can I improve my cibil score from 760 which is stuck around this for quite some time.

I have never delayed any payments since last 15 years, always paid my credit card bills in full. I have never utilized more than 10-20% of my credit limit. But I have only unsecured loans (17 credit cards) which are open in my cibil report, I don't wish to avail any new loan (secured) just for improving the cibil score, but I don't understand what else can I do to improve the score.

I use around 7-8 credit cards regularly from my 17 credit cards, should I close others (all are benefecial for yearly sales)

I never checked my cibil score it was always experian( from cred) which is about 840, crif has always been volatile and keeps on changing, so I never bothered about it just checked my cibil from amazon it shows 805 after long time

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Can some give me some tips my cibil is 793 for 3 years now, 18 Cards , 2 HL, 1 Car loan. 1.45 Cr. Secured loans , 50L cards.

Just want to get 8 points to cross over 800 mark
Pay all the CCs before bill generation date.
Your current balance should be either 0 or -ve in each of your accounts.
Your score will increase by 10.
After 5 years of credit age , another 10 points increase..

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
CIBIL (for paid subscription) has stopped showing total credit available for a few months. Anyone knows how to see this? Earlier it used to be visible on the app and website under credit summary.

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It shows your total available credit limit like say 85 lakhs, 1.2 crores etc? For me it only shows each account individually, not the total as it used to show earlier.
No. of accounts,

It shows your total available credit limit like say 85 lakhs, 1.2 crores etc? For me it only shows each account individually, not the total as it used to show earlier.
Subs. Expired yesterday, will renew in jan so the cycle more easy to remember. Will update u then

Last edited:

ontherocks

TF Premier
No. of enquiries while it is one of the factors, it is of low impact, and would generally recover in a couple of months. I would attribute the drop mainly to the missed payment. Get it cleaned from the report, otherwise the score will recover but it will take a long time to do so (about 3yrs to clean it up).
What do you mean get it cleaned? Why would CIBIL ever remove the remark of a missed payment, even if one has repaid it later? A missed payment is a missed payment.

Last edited:

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Suggest how can I improve my cibil score from 760 which is stuck around this for quite some time.

I have never delayed any payments since last 15 years, always paid my credit card bills in full. I have never utilized more than 10-20% of my credit limit. But I have only unsecured loans (17 credit cards) which are open in my cibil report, I don't wish to avail any new loan (secured) just for improving the cibil score, but I don't understand what else can I do to improve the score.

I use around 7-8 credit cards regularly from my 17 credit cards, should I close others (all are benefecial for yearly sales)
I am in your same state, except that I had only 4-5 cards. My score was 760. I closed 2 of them and score became 780. Not sure if the closing of cards helped. But no other change in the credit history. I am lingering around 780. Wanted it above 800. Thinking what to do.

Pravas

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have a few queries regarding CIBIL score. Currently I have a CIBIL score of around 790 with 12 years of credit history. ( 9 active and 4.closed)

1. Is the credit utilisation calculated on the total credit limit of all the card combined or per card basis ? Why I am asking the question is that some of my cards like ICICI had a credit limit of 25 LAKH but my recently approved Airtel axis card has a limit of 23K (more than 100 time less).

2. In my credit report though I have 4 ICICI credit card it is reporting as 1 account but for HDFC both the cards are showing as separate entry. Is there something I am Missing hear ?

3. In this post I saw somewhere people are talking about income reported to CIBIL. How to check these values as I am not able to find them the report or in the app ?

4. I am seeing 2 entries with name "CAP FLOAT" and "KARUR VYSYA" . are these for Amazon pay later or something and if closing them help increase the score ?

5. Recently I have taken 2-3 credit card after following the forum and closed 1 of my unused card. After what time these will be reflected in the CIBIL report?

BeingIncog

TF Ace
i'm answering some questions which i know.
2. In my credit report though I have 4 ICICI credit card it is reporting as 1 account but for HDFC both the cards are showing as separate entry. Is there something I am Missing hear ?
ICICI cc have shared limit and accounts, all core or gemstone card like platinum, coral, sapphiro etc will be in same/shared account on cibil, co-branded like mmt or amazon pay will be having different accounts each on cibil.
4. I am seeing 2 entries with name "CAP FLOAT" and "KARUR VYSYA" . are these for Amazon pay later or something and if closing them help increase the score ?
yes they are service provider for Amazon pay later. yes it will help.
5. Recently I have taken 2-3 credit card after following the forum and closed 1 of my unused card. After what time these will be reflected in the CIBIL report?
around 2-5 months for sure. don't worry.

Pravas

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Today credit limit dropped by 10. Two new updates

1. ICICI reported Amazon pay card with 25L
2. Axio loan account closed (Amazon pay later)

One doubt I have is as ICICI is reporting 2 entries one for core card and one for Amazon pay credit card both with 25L limit, will that impact CIBIL as it may think that I am over leveraged ?

Same issue with HDFC DCB and tata nue which share the limit but 2 entries in CIBIL report each with 8L limit.

Curious to know what could be the reason for this score drop. Any insight on this is greatly appreciated.

ontherocks

TF Premier
Today credit limit dropped by 10. Two new updates

1. ICICI reported Amazon pay card with 25L
2. Axio loan account closed (Amazon pay later)

One doubt I have is as ICICI is reporting 2 entries one for core card and one for Amazon pay credit card both with 25L limit, will that impact CIBIL as it may think that I am over leveraged ?

Same issue with HDFC DCB and tata nue which share the limit but 2 entries in CIBIL report each with 8L limit.

Curious to know what could be the reason for this score drop. Any insight on this is greatly appreciated.
May be because you closed the loan. Don't worry, the score will go up pretty soon as its not because of payment defaults.
Having too many card entries in CIBIL doesn't cause a score drop. It may be a criterion for some banks to decide your credit worthiness, but not for CIBIL score.

svijayan86

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
i'm answering some questions which i know.

ICICI cc have shared limit and accounts, all core or gemstone card like platinum, coral, sapphiro etc will be in same/shared account on cibil, co-branded like mmt or amazon pay will be having different accounts each on cibil.

yes they are service provider for Amazon pay later. yes it will help.

around 2-5 months for sure. don't worry.
Can someone confirm if axis privilege card and axis atlas card shall be considered as shared credit limit or seperate credit limit... i got axis atlas with 1.8lakhs (same as priviliege card) so wanted to see if 30% utilization comes to 60k(30% of 1.8 lakhs)
or 1.2 lakhs(30% of 1.8+1.8 lakhs)

James

TF Ace
Can someone confirm if axis privilege card and axis atlas card shall be considered as shared credit limit or seperate credit limit... i got axis atlas with 1.8lakhs (same as priviliege card) so wanted to see if 30% utilization comes to 60k(30% of 1.8 lakhs)
or 1.2 lakhs(30% of 1.8+1.8 lakhs)
Why do you care about utilisation? Want to keep under 30% for cibil?