• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get one card?

Bob78900

TF Premier
How can one get unsecured one card. I already have 4-5 unsecured cards with decent limit. Salary is also good. How can i get one card unsecured.
Asking for a friend 👍

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How can one get unsecured one card. I already have 4-5 unsecured cards with decent limit. Salary is also good. How can i get one card unsecured.
Asking for a friend 👍
Download one score app
Check your credit score there
If your score I good it will directly give you an pre approved offer in the app itself

I did in the same way.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Guys I have been fortunate enough to get both OneCard Metal & RBL Zomato without any much hassle.
Looking at all your questions, I'm giving you some criteria, let's see if anybody full fill all of these but still doesn't get the unsecured OneCard metal

1. From Tier One City(Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai,Banglore)
2. Credit history of at least for 5 years
3. Haven't been a defaulter for a single time ever
4. Having at least one credit card which is at least 2 years old with 5 Lakh Credit Limit.

I also want to know something from you all:-

My OneCard metal has been issued without much hassle but I'm surprised to see that their is no such entry/enquiry in Cibil in the name of FPL Technologies.

Akashgod

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Regarding one card as they have 4 bank partners I think, it is hard to understand which bank does what. And one cards bank partners usually do a experian inquiry not a cibil. If anyone knows more may comment ..

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
A technology company can't make a cibil inquiry. It is only it's banking partner whichever they have sourced it to.
Likely agree but in that case also the card is not shown up anywhere in the available credit/loan accounts in the Cibil.
Since my Lending bank is BoB & during the Eterna application already BoB made an enquiry in my Cibil so could it be the reason why another enquiry was not made?? Any idea, anybody? I'm not sure.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
And what is the difference between
the metal version vs. the normal one? How does it get decided? Any thoughts?
See,
If you get approved for an unsecured card the you will get the metal card for sure whatever the limit you get doesn't matter, you'll get metal card for sure

If you get one card on fd basis and only if you create a fd of 50k or more then only you get a metal card else you get plastic card.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I have IDFC partner bank, card shows up as IDFC card in credit scores as well as CRED app.

There is no real criteria, at the time when it was IDFC, it was only about CIBIL score and I had to be from one of the cities they had listed. I even had to apply while being in that city itself as app had autodetected addresses for some reason. I had a bit of trouble there as I was traveling, so I waited till I entered Mumbai before finishing the application.

I do not have long credit history, though I did have education loan, its not considered good enough thing I think. They are looking for personal/consumer durable/credit/housing or vehicular loan history.

I did not have any unsecured card before OneCard

I did not have good limit on it either.

I did have however spotless repayment history, still do and I was one of the early applyers for OneCard. Its already been more than a year since I hold it, I had been using onescore for at least couple of months before I got the offer too.