• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,121
Last edited:

Sacrvn87

TF Buzz
My Regalia is upgraded to DCB LTF under Alumni offer. Good to see that IIIT Bangalore is there in the list. Does anyone have the updated list of institutions under Alumni offer?
How long did it take to get the card after sending the application? I have applied a week back, still, didn't hear any update from them.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
why not ? u get RP worth 12.5k on renewal . So practically you're paying GST to hold Infania

It make sense to hold this card even if u pay the renewal fees every year.
You can easily extract more value from this card which offset the GST part that u pay to hold this card
Absolutely. Effectively you are only paying GST for truck loads of benefits.

K.R

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My Experience in getting HDFC Infinia Metal Card
I have multiple cards ( many would be junk) and got them over period of last 15-20 years when people come to office for promotions. Many times I okayed because it would help the sales guy who had come.
It had become a total mess so I decided to cut down most of the cards and keep only 2 or 3 Premium cards.
My requirement is simple. Should be able to use anywhere and everywhere and unlimited Lounge access across the world for me, my wife and my son who is 10 years. I came across some great videos by TechnoFino and zeroed in on 2 cards HDFC Infinia and Axis Magnus.

1. I cancelled my Amex card as I was unnecessarily paying the fees while usage was limited.
  2. I went to my Axis Bank Branch and asked to issue me a Magnus. Same day they filled the form and in exactly 4 working days card was delivered to my place. I need to apply for add-on for my wife. As she is on a vacation to her parents place will apply once she is back
  3. ICICI Bank is my Salaried account. Upgrade option of Emerald always pops up . But when I checked with my Bank I came to know that only Primary card holder gets Priority Pass. So its of no use to me for international travels ( Axis Magnus has 8 Visitors access so it covers my son during international travel)
  4. I went to HDFC Bank. And the whole story began
I have HDFC Times Card with a limit of 13.68 lakhs. I have had HDFC card from past 15 years. In between they sent me a new card as my old card was being phased out but I was not there in India etc..and finally I landed up with a Times Card 🤷‍♂️
When I selected Upgrade option in net banking and app it says This is the Best Card that you have🤦‍♂️ . I get at least 10 calls a day to covert my spends to EMI :) which is extremely frustrating
When I went to bank they said we can submit the forms for upgrade of card. But generally I do not get time to visit during Bank times.
I called Customer care and they said "This is the best card I can get" :) . Upon Insisting they asked me to write to Credit Cards team Chennai.
I wrote to them by mentioning my salary ( current month Salary * 12) as net in hand Salary. They responded that Infinia is an invite only card but they can check if Iam eligible for DCB or not once I sent my application to Chennai. I was not interested in DCB based on my Amex experience.

I suddenly realized that mentioning my net in hand salary after taxes was wrong thing I did. I then wrote to grievance team. This time I mentioned my Gross Annual Salary which was way above the requirement for Infinia and questioned them : Are you saying for a person with this Gross Salary and other relation ships with HDFC this is the best card you can offer ? I mentioned that I was planning to close all my 10-15 credit cards and keep only 2-3 premium cards and for the same if was checking with HDFC if Iam eligible for Infinia or not. I received and automated email with Docket number . Days passed but nothing happened. I then called the grievance number. They said they have already responded which I never received. I said I have not received and asked them to forward. They said they do not have access to forward and that they will ask the concerned team to do so. They gave me an ETA of 3 days. I asked ETA of 3 days to just forward me an email which they are claiming they have sent. They said yes and that I have to wait. 3 days past and again the same story.. This continued for few iterations...Then one guy turned out to be good and asked me to call PNO.. He navigated me through HDFC website and gave me PNO numbers and email ID's
I decided to call the PNO for Tamilnadu region ( I am from Pune). This PNO guy was a gentleman. He listened to my issue and then gave me 2 email ID's which also included PNO email ID and asked me to forward my email. On 20th May I forwarded the email. Within 1 hour I started getting SMS's a special case officer by the name Rekha was assigned. I got 2 emails one of them from Priority Redressal mentioning that they are looking into my case and they will get back to me on or before 31st May. ( 11 days).. I thought another time pass thing. I waited till 30th May and when nothing happened I called the Grievance Redressal. To my surprise all people knew me by my name😂 by now . The lady told I will get a response by 31st May. On 31st May nothing happened till 4:00 PM and I gave a call and the answer was that I will definitely get an email before EOD.

At 8:00 PM I got a big apology email and that they do not want to loose a valued customer like me. They had walked through all the discussions I had with them in their apology email and in the end they mentioned that Infinia is Invite only🤣 . But after looking at my profile they may look into my case and asked me to send the self signed upgrade form.
Their message was like we are sorry for all that had happened. Infinia is an invite only but after going through your profile and relationship with HDFC we can look at Infinia with FYF. Had I said said I want to cancel my card I think they would have given me life time free 😎 . But I did not want to stretch it further. On 1st June Morning I emailed the upgrade form and mentioned Iam okay. Within 1 hour I started getting bombarded with emails and SMS's most of them mentioning all my Docket numbers and that they are closed now.

At 8:00 PM 1st June I got 2 emails one was from Rekha my case officer mentioning that a new Ticket has been raised and that it will be resolved on or before 3rd June. today morning 2nd June I checked my app and I can see Infinia card reflecting with 13.68 Lakhs limit :)

My next steps: Will apply for HDFC Addon card. Will continue only with Infinia and Magnus and close most of the other cards especially recent ones. Just FYI all the cards be it Amex, SCB Ultimate, ICICI, Citi, HDFC etc had 10 lakhs plus Limit.

What worked for me
  1. Followed the process of hierarchy while escalating. The PNO had the sympathy that I was harassed for over a month.
  2. All my Credit cards had a limit of over 10 Lakhs
  3. My Annual salary was way above the threshold for Infinia
  4. My spend on HDFC was not high as its a useless card but my spend on other cards were high. I shared my Income tax SFT statement. Any spend above 10 lakhs on credit card gets captured in SFT. My CitiBank spend was 19.8 lakhs
  5. I do have a decent relationship with HDFC though my Primary Bank is ICICI. ( HDFC Term insurance, HDFC Car Insurance, HDFC Home Loan ( closed though) , Bank Account etc)

I would like to thank Technofino ( watched his videos and read this blog - all 36 pages😊 )
Apologies for typos.
I do have some idea now as how it works within HDFC and can definitely give my two cents if any one is interested on this forum.

Rgds
Krishna

netsec

TF Select
I have multiple cards ( many would be junk) and got them over period of last 15-20 years when people come to office for promotions. Many times I okayed because it would help the sales guy who had come.
It had become a total mess so I decided to cut down most of the cards and keep only 2 or 3 Premium cards.
My requirement is simple. Should be able to use anywhere and everywhere and unlimited Lounge access across the world for me, my wife and my son who is 10 years. I came across some great videos by TechnoFino and zeroed in on 2 cards HDFC Infinia and Axis Magnus.

1. I cancelled my Amex card as I was unnecessarily paying the fees while usage was limited.
  2. I went to my Axis Bank Branch and asked to issue me a Magnus. Same day they filled the form and in exactly 4 working days card was delivered to my place. I need to apply for add-on for my wife. As she is on a vacation to her parents place will apply once she is back
  3. ICICI Bank is my Salaried account. Upgrade option of Emerald always pops up . But when I checked with my Bank I came to know that only Primary card holder gets Priority Pass. So its of no use to me for international travels ( Axis Magnus has 8 Visitors access so it covers my son during international travel)
I have HDFC Times Card with a limit of 13.68 lakhs. I have had HDFC card from past 15 years. In between they sent me a new card as my old card was being phased out but I was not there in India etc..and finally I landed up with a Times Card 🤷‍♂️
When I selected Upgrade option in net banking and app it says This is the Best Card that you have🤦‍♂️ . I get at least 10 calls a day to covert my spends to EMI :) which is extremely frustrating
When I went to bank they said we can submit the forms for upgrade of card. But generally I do not get time to visit during Bank times.
I called Customer care and they said "This is the best card I can get" :) . Upon Insisting they asked me to write to Credit Cards team Chennai.
I wrote to them by mentioning my salary ( current month Salary * 12) as net in hand Salary. They responded that Infinia is an invite only card but they can check if Iam eligible for DCB or not once I sent my application to Chennai. I was not interested in DCB based on my Amex experience.

I suddenly realized that mentioning my net in hand salary after taxes was wrong thing I did. I then wrote to grievance team. This time I mentioned my Gross Annual Salary which was way above the requirement for Infinia and questioned them : Are you saying for a person with this Gross Salary and other relation ships with HDFC this is the best card you can offer ? I mentioned that I was planning to close all my 10-15 credit cards and keep only 2-3 premium cards and for the same if was checking with HDFC if Iam eligible for Infinia or not. I received and automated email with Docket number . Days passed but nothing happened. I then called the grievance number. They said they have already responded which I never received. I said I have not received and asked them to forward. They said they do not have access to forward and that they will ask the concerned team to do so. They gave me an ETA of 3 days. I asked ETA of 3 days to just forward me an email which they are claiming they have sent. They said yes and that I have to wait. 3 days past and again the same story.. This continued for few iterations...Then one guy turned out to be good and asked me to call PNO.. He navigated me through HDFC website and gave me PNO numbers and email ID's
I decided to call the PNO for Tamilnadu region ( I am from Pune). This PNO guy was a gentleman. He listened to my issue and then gave me 2 email ID's which also included PNO email ID and asked me to forward my email. On 20th May I forwarded the email. Within 1 hour I started getting SMS's a special case officer by the name Rekha was assigned. I got 2 emails one of them from Priority Redressal mentioning that they are looking into my case and they will get back to me on or before 31st May. ( 11 days).. I thought another time pass thing. I waited till 30th May and when nothing happened I called the Grievance Redressal. To my surprise all people knew me by my name😂 by now . The lady told I will get a response by 31st May. On 31st May nothing happened till 4:00 PM and I gave a call and the answer was that I will definitely get an email before EOD.

At 8:00 PM I got a big apology email and that they do not want to loose a valued customer like me. They had walked through all the discussions I had with them in their apology email and in the end they mentioned that Infinia is Invite only🤣 . But after looking at my profile they may look into my case and asked me to send the self signed upgrade form.
Their message was like we are sorry for all that had happened. Infinia is an invite only but after going through your profile and relationship with HDFC we can look at Infinia with FYF. Had I said said I want to cancel my card I think they would have given me life time free 😎 . But I did not want to stretch it further. On 1st June Morning I emailed the upgrade form and mentioned Iam okay. Within 1 hour I started getting bombarded with emails and SMS's most of them mentioning all my Docket numbers and that they are closed now.

At 8:00 PM 1st June I got 2 emails one was from Rekha my case officer mentioning that a new Ticket has been raised and that it will be resolved on or before 3rd June. today morning 2nd June I checked my app and I can see Infinia card reflecting with 13.68 Lakhs limit :)

My next steps: Will apply for HDFC Addon card. Will continue only with Infinia and Magnus and close most of the other cards especially recent ones. Just FYI all the cards be it Amex, SCB Ultimate, ICICI, Citi, HDFC etc had 10 lakhs plus Limit.

What worked for me
  1. Followed the process of hierarchy while escalating. The PNO had the sympathy that I was harassed for over a month.
  4. My spend on HDFC was not high as its a useless card but my spend on other cards were high. I shared my Income tax SFT statement. Any spend above 10 lakhs on credit card gets captured in SFT. My CitiBank spend was 19.8 lakhs
  5. I do have a decent relationship with HDFC though my Primary Bank is ICICI. ( HDFC Term insurance, HDFC Car Insurance, HDFC Home Loan ( closed though) , Bank Account etc)

I would like to thank Technofino ( watched his videos and read this blog - all 36 pages😊 )
Apologies for typos.
I do have some idea now as how it works within HDFC and can definitely give my two cents if any one is interested on this forum.

Rgds
Krishna
Congratulation Krishna!

Satish

TF Premier

What worked for me

Apologies for typos.

Rgds
Krishna
Congratulations!

bimanpaul

TF Select
VIP Lounge

What worked for me

Apologies for typos.

Rgds
Krishna
Your perseverance finally paid off.
Can you share the Grievance Redressal and PNO email & phone number?

PRADYJAIN

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
hello

i haver a hdfc regalia with a limit of 267000 i want to upgrade my card or should i close my current card and apply for hdfc dcb as i do not match the crieteria for hdfc infinia but i have a card of kotak with 8 lacs limit and axis magnus card with limit of 4 lakhs

is it better to close the old card and apply for new one
or else asked for ltf regalia card