• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get HDFC credit card easily for new customers with no existing relationship

ThatWebGuy

TF Buzz
I just got one quick question. I am looking for a HDFC credit card. I don't have any relationship with HDFC. What's the best way to get a HDFC credit card and how should I apply. I currently have CC of ICICI , Axis and IDFC first Bank. Any suggestions or proven method would be helpful.

vsharad

TF Select
I just got one quick question. I am looking for a HDFC credit card. I don't have any relationship with HDFC. What's the best way to get a HDFC credit card and how should I apply. I currently have CC of ICICI , Axis and IDFC first Bank. Any suggestions or proven method would be helpful.
What are the limits on your cards?

Tejo

TF Legend
It's sarkari private bank won't care of other banks.

if you apply online, don't go for low variant cards. Limit too will be very low.

Advise: directly go to the br, apply high variant according to your income eligibility and other cards.

Note: even hdfc c2c depends on your income, not on other card limits*

Else wait for pre-approved offer on your savings ac.

ThatWebGuy

TF Buzz
It's sarkari private bank won't care of other banks.

if you apply online, don't go for low variant cards. Limit too will be very low.

Advise: directly go to the br, apply high variant according to your income eligibility and other cards.

Note: even hdfc c2c depends on your income, not on other card limits*

Else wait for pre-approved offer on your savings ac.
Usually when do you get pre approved offer and are there any specific criteria that needs to be met

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Icici Amazon pay - 2L
ICICI platinum - 1L
Axis - 2.5 L
IDFC - 1.2 L
You can apply for HDFC Tata Neucard via TataNeu app. They are easily providing this card. It is a good card if you need for HDFC Bank offers. Also for Rupay UPI usage. However getting core HDFC card is difficult after getting this card.

Going for C2C isn't preferred as they provide mostly Moneyback card through this route.

Applying directly for Millennia card via HDFC website is another good option. Getting Regalia Gold is tough with this portfolio. Millennia is better than Regalia Gold anyways.

vsharad

TF Select
You can apply for HDFC Tata Neucard via TataNeu app. They are easily providing this card. It is a good card if you need for HDFC Bank offers. Also for Rupay UPI usage. However getting core HDFC card is difficult after getting this card.

Going for C2C isn't preferred as they provide mostly Moneyback card through this route.

Applying directly for Millennia card via HDFC website is another good option. Getting Regalia Gold is tough with this portfolio. Millennia is better than Regalia Gold anyways.
but isn't it that if he takes tata neu card then he will not be eligible for Core HDFC Cards?!

ThatWebGuy

TF Buzz
Yeah that's what I've written. Its an easy step but only good for those who don't need HDFC card for its features. Its for those who just need HDFC card for bank specific offers.
Why is it that if I take tata neu credit card i won't be eligible for other credit cards. Is it same with other banks as well?

vijay.vj

TF Ace

See if this helps you out !

ThatWebGuy

TF Buzz

NTT

TF Buzz
Its next to impossible to get core cards (while having co branded as 1st card) with regular relationship.
Its next to impossible to get core cards (while having co branded as 1st card) with regular relationship.
hi.. in this community of ours i have noticed it being referred to (by many members) and discussed frequently the term "Core Cards".

I want to understand this term and its relevance for an average credit card customer.

What is the Difference between a CORE card and a Co-Branded card from customer's perspective and that of the banks' point of view as well.

Most of us when starting our journey of credit cards have many factors to consider before deciding/applying Particular cards.
How does it matter for an average customer and Why does it matter to a bank which card (Core card / Co-Branded) a customer got FIRST.

If possible, Please share your answer in easy and simple terms for new members or those who are not yet that experienced in this area.

NTT

TF Buzz
@P
hi.. in this community of ours i have noticed it being referred to (by many members) and discussed frequently the term "Core Cards".

I want to understand this term and its relevance for an average credit card customer.

What is the Difference between a CORE card and a Co-Branded card from customer's perspective and that of the banks' point of view as well.

Most of us when starting our journey of credit cards have many factors to consider before deciding/applying Particular cards.
How does it matter for an average customer and Why does it matter to a bank which card (Core card / Co-Branded) a customer got FIRST.

If possible, Please share your answer in easy and simple terms for new members or those who are not yet that experienced in this area.
hi @pothi thanks for answering that query "desirability/need of secured card even after having unsecured cards.

Would you like to answer this 👆Also.? As the original message there (in that thread) has this suggestion (to go for co branded only after Core cards).

@RAMESH BABU N

Even you too can throw some light.

vijay.vj

TF Ace

From HDFC POV, it orginally allowed only single card per customer. This was from way back even before the era of co branded cards.

Then era of co branded cards started & HDFC launched quite some of them. Due to same restriction, customers couldn't apply for its co branded card... so it waived off some rules to allow existing core card customers to avail multiple co branded cards as floater card. But it doesn't allow you to have core card if you already own co branded card as your first.

This caused lot of trouble for people who got tata neu (first HDFC co branded card which has great reach), when they wanted to get HDFC core card.

From ICICI POV, all this is is useless and it will give you any card in any way possible.

NTT

TF Buzz
From HDFC POV, it orginally allowed only single card per customer. This was from way back even before the era of co branded cards.

Then era of co branded cards started & HDFC launched quite some of them. Due to same restriction, customers couldn't apply for its co branded card... so it waived off some rules to allow existing core card customers to avail multiple co branded cards as floater card. But it doesn't allow you to have core card if you already own co branded card as your first.

This caused lot of trouble for people who got tata neu (first HDFC co branded card which has great reach), when they wanted to get HDFC core card.

From ICICI POV, all this is is useless and it will give you any card in any way possible.
Thanks for adding a bit of background in your answer.

What I wanted to know was something not only concerning with those two (HDFC & ICICI) banks.

So does it matter for other banks too (some members mentioning of IDFC too)? Even if we exclude ICICI as you said :)

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Thanks for adding a bit of background in your answer.

What I wanted to know was something not only concerning with those two (HDFC & ICICI) banks.

So does it matter for other banks too (some members mentioning of IDFC too)? Even if we exclude ICICI as you said :)
There are quite some banks, where this problem exists. Say if you have onecard from fed bank... you cant get their any other card. And that onecard from fed bank is excluded from fed bank offers also.