How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal

kkumar2

TF Neo
I have an HDFC Infinia credit card and due date is 2nd Dec 2022. how to pay hdfc credit card bill through debit card and get 1% cashback. i did not see option to add hdfc credit card under bill pay under hdfc netbanking.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
@TechnoFino , I have to raise complaints against ICICI and SBI regarding unnecessary CIBIL Hard Enquiries, but I am not getting OTP from RBI Ombudsman Portal.
What alternatives are there to raise the complaint?
After looking at ICICI's outdated Ombudsman page, i was able to find
Emailing them might not help, filing complaint via portal is the best method, try to use different company mobile no... maybe

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Emailing them might not help, filing complaint via portal is the best method, try to use different company mobile no... maybe
I can, but I am afraid they might close it due to mismatch of registered Mobile number.

I am also raising complaint with my mobile operator for the OTP, facing same issue with Hppay, Tatacliq

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have an HDFC Infinia credit card and due date is 2nd Dec 2022. how to pay hdfc credit card bill through debit card and get 1% cashback. i did not see option to add hdfc credit card under bill pay under hdfc netbanking.
HDFC Cards can't be via this method FYI.

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I can, but I am afraid they might close it due to mismatch of registered Mobile number.

I am also raising complaint with my mobile operator for the OTP, facing same issue with Hppay, Tatacliq
I have created a complaint via email, got the acknowledgment. Acknowledgment mail went to Spam. Anyone facing OTP issue can send out a mail.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7241

I Filled More than 20 Complaints Against Banks .

don't Complaint Unless you have Solid Evidence.

if you have Solid Evidence and Bank is not responding then BO is Like GOD

D

Deleted member 7241

First Email Normal Customer Care and Nodal As well .

if they not give satisfactory resolution then File Complaint to BO.

if they not responding then After 30 days you can Directly File complaint to BO

D

Deleted member 7241

I Opened Indus Select account Under NMC Waived offer and Now Bank is not responding..

even Nodal is not giving any clarification.

so first i email all .like reachus .Nodal office n all.

just for evidence.

then after I will file complaint that bank is not responding.

then after bank is liable to Give clarification.

D

Deleted member 7241

Shall I file complaint against BOB for not changing my bill date since 3 months? Keep saying we are working towards making it possible.
I don't want my card account to be closed due to this complaint 😅.
Banks Can't Close your Card Unless You Give Consent..

even If you miss the payment then Also Banks can't Close your card.

they must follow Procedure..

gautampai

TF Select
My ICICI Amazon Pay card application was rejected last month. I've mailed cc,nodal,pno all give the same cryptic "due to internal policies" , "standard industry practice, we will be unable to disclose" messages. Can I complain through rbi ombudsman portal ? Given the rbi guideline that the banks must provide the exact reason for rejection.

D

Deleted member 7241

My ICICI Amazon Pay card application was rejected last month. I've mailed cc,nodal,pno all give the same cryptic "due to internal policies" , "standard industry practice, we will be unable to disclose" messages. Can I complain through rbi ombudsman portal ? Given the rbi guideline that the banks must provide the exact reason for rejection.
Sadly No.. if You Complain then Bank Will Provide any Random Reason and That's all..RBI will Close the Case..

if You Have solid evidence that You are eligible and bank denied.. then You Can Complain

gautampai

TF Select
1. Contacted customer care, they told I didn't have invite to apply. So I sent them proof that i received banner in Amazon app asking to apply. Did not receive response.
2. Contacted Nodal, was told internal policy, so sent them RBI guideline quote, didn't get response.
3. Now principal nodal, " industry standard guidelines, can't disclose".
Principal nodal response attached below.

I am going through this hassle only because, 2 of the people I know who neither had Amazon invite nor had any prior relationship with bank got the cards. Best part is, one was trying to apply for platinum card and had called Customer care for some issue. The other guy applied through some random Instagram ad of ICICI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-08-23-07-33-35_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-08-23-07-33-35_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 36
D

Deleted member 7241

1. Contacted customer care, they told I didn't have invite to apply. So I sent them proof that i received banner in Amazon app asking to apply. Did not receive response.
2. Contacted Nodal, was told internal policy, so sent them RBI guideline quote, didn't get response.
3. Now principal nodal, " industry standard guidelines, can't disclose".
Principal nodal response attached below.

I am going through this hassle only because, 2 of the people I know who neither had Amazon invite nor had any prior relationship with bank got the cards. Best part is, one was trying to apply for platinum card and had called Customer care for some issue. The other guy applied through some random Instagram ad of ICICI.
If your cibil is above 770 and if u hold any cc with above 2L limit and If You Can Draft Complaint in a Effective manner then You can Easily Win the case .and Bank will surely give card.

You Just have to Prove your Financial part..

Nothing else..

If You Can Draft Complaint Effectively then 99% You Can Win

D

Deleted member 7241

RBI Just wants Evidence and Point to Point complaint.

If you prove that Bank is wrong then Bank will Be in trouble for sure

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sadly No.. if You Complain then Bank Will Provide any Random Reason and That's all..RBI will Close the Case..

if You Have solid evidence that You are eligible and bank denied.. then You Can Complain
But they kind of have to provide a valid reason, as long as one has their affairs in order, bank won't find anything random to pick on tbh.

navonline7

TF Premier
How much time does RBI give banks to respond officially? It has been more than a month since I raised a complaint, but things don't seem to be moving forward. The bank did call to tell me that they are working on the issue. The complaint is still at the first stage of "the bank of notified of the complaint".

navonline7

TF Premier
It been 3 months in row I haven't got my cashback for Amazon ICICI card in my Amazon account every time when I reach ICICI support team they say there is technical issue will be credited next statment now it more than 3 month for past 3 month i have not got cashback in Amazon account is it possible to register a compliant for this issue?
same issue. haven't received cashback for a transaction done in September. Did you get yours? Have raised a complaint with RBI ombudsman but ICIC doesn't seem to care. Haven't received a call or email till date for the complaint raised

Last edited:

ltf4ever

TF Ace
If you want to file a complaint against any bank, follow those steps.
Remember one thing, file a complaint with your bank first, then wait 30 days for resolution. If your bank doesn't solve your problem within 30 days, you can move to the RBI banking ombudsman. If you don't get any satisfactory resolution from your bank, you can also move to the RBI banking ombudsman before completing 30 days.

How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal:-

Visit RBI Banking Ombudsman Portal- https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/Complaints.aspx
Click on "Click here to file a complaint against any Regulated Entity (banks, NBFCs, System Participants)"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 2.12.38 PM.png
On the next page, click on "File a Complaint"
On the next page, enter captcha and click on "Next"
Now, you have to enter your name and mobile number & click on "Get OTP"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.22.47 PM.png

Enter OTP and click on Validate.
On the next page, enter your details

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.24.53 PM.png

And enter bank details

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.25.40 PM.png

Now, on the next page enter details of the complaint you've filed with your bank, upload PDF copy of the email communication.

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.50.13 PM.png

Now, enter your complaint details, describe your problem in details
If you wants to claim any compensation (You can ask for maximum 1L as compensation), enter that on this page

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.50.54 PM.png

Then click on "Review and Submit "
On the next page, very all the details and click on "Submit"

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 1.51.10 PM.png

Done! you'll see successful message along with your complaint number. You can use the number to track your complaint status.
You'll also reserve a SMS after successful submission.

sms conf rbi.jpeg

If you want to track your complaint status, visit this page - https://cms.rbi.org.in/rbi/vividflow/run/trackapplicationcomplain?language=Auto
what to do if the bank still doesn't respond even after raising this complaint?